IGNORED

Lots of positives...

Tinmans Love Child

Lots of positives, unbeaten since the opening game v Leeds, 20 points from 11 games, 2 points off top, in the top 6, all with lots of injuries to key players and not playing great.  If we can get some players back fit in the break, and poss get a striker in then it’s looking good.  

As a fan of 30 years now (first game 89), it’s so refreshing to see us established in the Championship, yeh we might not get promoted, but we are always there or there about the playoffs which is so much better than the years of League 1 dross!  

COYR

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

LJ gave today’s performance a 9/10 which is a big positive....

Did he say overall 9/10?

Defensively it was probably up there. That's what won us the game.

Offensively and in midfield, definitely not for me. Lots of loose touches, and passes that were never on. Won't be popular, but I thought Massengo especially was poor with the ball today.

1 minute ago, Coxy27 said:

Did he say overall 9/10?

Offensively and in midfield, definitely not for me. Lots of loose touches, and passes that were never on. Won't be popular, but I thought Massengo especially was poor with the ball today.

He said 9/10 bearing in mind lots of hard games recently to be fair. Still surprised me though. 

Was there any explanation in his post match for the baffling transformation at half time that saw us go from a team who were absolutely dominant, and barely afforded the opposition a kick, to one who had 10 men behind the ball for 95% of the second half and could barely get out of our own defensive third in the second half.

9/10 is fair for the first half, but the second half, good grief. If we'd have been playing a half decent side they'd have had a hatful.

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Did he say overall 9/10?

Not sure you've got the right one. Massengo was the one with the big fuzzy hair who played in midfield and hardly put a foot wrong. Perhaps you are mixing him up with Semenyo.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Taylor Moore is starting to look like a player that can be trusted.

Never spectacular, but solid. I would imagine that after today LJ is getting increasingly relaxed about having to play him.

Taylor Moore started looking like a player that can be trusted several games ago. Ashley Williams is been a revelation. He took charge of everyone when we were under pressure! Great signing!

2 minutes ago, Desso said:

Not sure you've got the right one. Massengo was the one with the big fuzzy hair who played in midfield and hardly put a foot wrong. Perhaps you are mixing him up with Semenyo.

Could teach the vast majority a lot about football intelligence , work rate , and technique

Yet again , not the performance of a 18 yr old

MOM between him and Bentley for me 

Meanwhile Brownhill should have gone shopping this afternoon 

18 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Did he say overall 9/10?

Would have to agree r.e. massengo. Got out muscled a few times and not quite at the races today. Still a solid game but certainly had better

8 minutes ago, Desso said:

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Could teach the vast majority a lot about football intelligence , work rate , and technique

I'm perhaps being a little over critical. Obviously Massengo was deployed in a more defensive midfield role today, and that side of his game was excellent. I fully agree that his work rate was top class, and he put a lot of pressure on the opposition when they had the ball, was in the right places etc.

However, I don't think he used the ball particularly well when he had it. Not many of our players did second half to be fair.

Still, he's an incredibly exciting prospect.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Was there any explanation in his post match for the baffling transformation at half time that saw us go from a team who were absolutely dominant, and barely afforded the opposition a kick, to one who had 10 men behind the ball for 95% of the second half and could barely get out of our own defensive third in the second half.

9/10 is fair for the first half, but the second half, good grief. If we'd have been playing a half decent side they'd have had a hatful.

Reading changed and started overloading out wide . Especially exploiting  elliasson . Great crosser of the ball but liability defensively . We struggled to cope until he put wiemann wide left and went 5 in midfield. Even then , we just conceded possession far to easy. Only gained a bit of control back when Palmer came on and put his foot on the ball letting us get up the pitch.  

33 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Did he say overall 9/10?

I'd agree with the 9/10 shout.

A year or two back, we would have drawn or lost today.

We are a far more resilient side these days, and whilst a slightly nervy second half, everyone put in a shift to see us over the line.

Not a game that will live long in the memory, but how many times in recent years have we bossed a first half and gone to bits. 

Sunderland. I am thinking of you in particular.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd agree with the 9/10 shout.

A year or two back, we would have drawn or lost today.

We are a far more resilient side these days, and whilst a slightly nervy second half, everyone put in a shift to see us over the line.

Not a game that will live long in the memory, but how many times in recent years have we bossed a first half and gone to bits. 

Sunderland. I am thinking of you in particular.

This is what I was going to type, thanks for  saving me the effort ??

31 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Reading changed and started overloading out wide . Especially exploiting  elliasson . Great crosser of the ball but liability defensively . We struggled to cope until he put wiemann wide left and went 5 in midfield. Even then , we just conceded possession far to easy. Only gained a bit of control back when Palmer came on and put his foot on the ball letting us get up the pitch.  

Exactly they were getting no change out of Brownhill and Massengo so they went around them. 

We countered eventually with Hunt and the addition of some extra legs as FD had ran him self out. But we still struggled to regain possesion. Fair play to their manager he found a way to turn the game on its head and no one (besides me, you and LJ it seems) gives him any credit. 

Reading can't finish luckily, particularly for a team that boasts both Pele and Puskas!!

36 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Playing simple, quick and early  … There was a spell in the first half where he was constantly positioning himself  in the centre of triangles .. It was like a Busquets of the championship with cooler hair. 

Just made it back home. Much welcomed win that should have been way more comfortable. 

Can someone explain WTF Semenyo brought to the game? I assume the parents of the young lad sat in front of me have some new words to explain to him this evening.

On the plus side, Moore and Williams did great stuff again.

50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Brownhill needs a rest, Nagy would have slotted in nicely today if fit

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Just made it back home. Much welcomed win that should have been way more comfortable. 

Can someone explain WTF Semenyo brought to the game? I assume the parents of the young lad sat in front of me have some new words to explain to him this evening.

On the plus side, Moore and Williams did great stuff again.

Missed you in the chat box today OTIK. I think @leadman was there too. Bit ******* lonely!

FD was out of running and Semenyo was what we have. Needs a goal that's for sure, saw him walking a couple of times and that bothered me!

52 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ohhhhhhh and guts !!!

Having been hacked down and clearly hurt (Thought he had no chance of continuing) limps on and within a minute there’s a 60/40 challenge against him , 

Went steaming in with everything he had

Really gutsy and brave

I like him

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Taylor Moore is starting to look like a player that can be trusted.

Never spectacular, but solid. I would imagine that after today LJ is getting increasingly relaxed about having to play him.

Been pleasantly surprised by Moore. Has really stepped up in level.

I was so impressed with us defensively - especially considering we are still without Kalas and Dasilva.

Rowe is turning out to be an absolutely ridiculous signing, composed, good in the air, hard in the tackle, very clever on the pitch and solid as a rock.

Moore was classy all the way through, gets better by the week. Bentley outstanding again and as for Williams, we were under the cosh for 45 minutes and he didn’t even break sweat!! Read the game superbly, always in the right place and organised everyone else as you’d expect.

Love it.

Archived