IGNORED

Man down in the EE

WolfOfWestStreet

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Hope you recover brother. Get well soon. 

Saw the ambulance, and assumed the hold up was due to someone receiving assistance. Hope they make a speedy recovery.

I heard a very muffled announcement, but didn't know if that was a turn-back message, or a give us 5 minutes message.

It's with great regret to say a fan in the south stand took ill towards the end of the match today. Unfortunately he needed  medical assistance and air before he left the ground in an ambulance. Incredibly sad to see, and makes the result become pretty irrelevant. The stewards had to stop fans from exiting the south stand so that the patient could be put on a stretcher and transported to the ambulance as soon as possible. I was at the front and it was incredibly difficult to witness what was happening. I had, and still have a lump in my throat. The stewards and St. John's ambulance did a fantastic job managing the situation from what I could see.

I am sure the rest of you will wish our fellow red all the best, and a quick return to good health.

Heard it was a suspected heart attack so I hope all is well. Sounds like the stewards had things under control and fans after initial confusion were patient and turned around in the concourse and found other exit routes.

34 minutes ago, RedM said:

Heard it was a suspected heart attack so I hope all is well. Sounds like the stewards had things under control and fans after initial confusion were patient and turned around in the concourse and found other exit routes.

Not heart attack. Been unwell for a while. Really top bloke 

53 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not heart attack. Been unwell for a while. Really top bloke 

That’s good to hear. I got my info from someone working for the club who would deal with the incident. Glad to hear although not great news it’s at least not what I was told.

The chap in question has been unwell for some time but has soldiered on and has muscled through to attend City matches even when he’s been quite poorly.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. Think he was named supporter of the year a few years back.

Good to hear the guy is getting treatment in hospital to help him recover, hope you makes a speedy recovery. 

As an aside to this issue, will the proposed new Flyers Arena development have an area set aside for air or VIP ambulance use - or will it have to use the pitch like the Leicester City incident? 

A speedy recovery is wished to the stricken member of our City family.

Although the medics were excellent, I have to say the stewarding around the incident was chaotic - particularly when they couldn't seem to decide which way to send people prior to the ambulance exiting.  Some lessons to be learned there, I think.

The bloke taken unwell is my brother, he is in recovery in the BRI and il call him later for an update. He is a huge figher and so incredibly brave it’s unreal. He blames the second half for making him unwell, still got his sense of humour. Thank you for your kind words. 

Archived