IGNORED

Ratings from today

old_eastender

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Oh well , people will,  and rightly so , discuss all aspects of players , the team and LJs performance 

Shame that some on here seem to take any criticisms of players , LJ  or anything else ,  as  a personal afront

I don’t take any criticism of anything as a personal a front but thanks for the Characterization. As for LJ I have been among his fiercest and most vocal critics. I even “won the day” with some of my remarks a couple of years ago. 

But these whacks at a kid who has been given game time to replace Afobe are usually wrong. Like your characterization of me. FD was buggered and we needed a fresh outlet which is what the teenager provided, which was not available anywhere else off of the bench ask  LJ that’s why he did it  

Semenyo 1. ******* idiocy 

discussion by all means trash talk is boring. As I said. 

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Semenyo - 1 - Really poor, at 19 should have bundles of energy but was just strolling around, twice in 30 seconds simple passes were played into him and he just stood still waiting for ball to arrive which was predictably nicked by Reading defender stepping in. Looked almost disinterested.

2 too many.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

If that is going to be one of his weakest performances then I am delighted! What a player we have. 

Barely gave the ball away. 

Three goal attempts

Recovered ball after ball all game. Number one on the pitch for that 

Never gave the ball away? Glasses needed

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t take any criticism of anything as a personal a front but thanks for the Characterization. As for LJ I have been among his fiercest and most vocal critics. I even “won the day” with some of my remarks a couple of years ago. 

But these whacks at a kid who has been given game time to replace Afobe are usually wrong. Like your characterization of me. FD was buggered and we needed a fresh outlet which is what the teenager provided, which was not available anywhere else off of the bench ask  LJ that’s why he did it  

Semenyo 1. ******* idiocy 

discussion by all means trash talk is boring. As I said. 

I think you will find that it was his whole approach , and sluggishness, that disappointed many 

No one was expecting him to rap a couple in the top corner 

It does concern me that yet again a defender is most fans Man of the Match whilst playing at home against a really mediocre Reading side.

Result more important than performance today definitely but I'm really looking forward to when we can nail these home performances down once again.

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

The OP is being hard on COD he was a 7 today, that was his best game for us in a long time, he actually looked like he wanted it today, played well out of position 2nd half lots of energy, 

Agree, at least a 7. Worked his nuts off today. Best game in a while 

8 minutes ago, Super said:

He was awful.

Laughable.

My first time seeing Massengo in the flesh so I watched him closely. I can only recall one occasion where he gave the ball away. Always busy. Always available. Stronger on the ball than his physique would suggest. But what really stood out for me was his outstanding first touch, often enabling him to deftly take control of the ball in pressure situations, move the ball to safety and set us off on an attack.

He’s an outstanding player and if he was a 4 today then most City players on most occasions are a 2 at best.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Never gave the ball away? Glasses needed

Again, laughable. Our most reliable player in possession.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think you will find that it was his whole approach , and sluggishness, that disappointed many 

No one was expecting him to rap a couple in the top corner 

I don’t think anyone will argue he could of been better in his 15 minutes.  But the attacks are ongoing. Someone recently even said he would never score for us on here. I think you are quite wrong until he raps a couple in the top corner there are a few around here that won’t stop trash talking the kid. It puts in mind of the shit Paul Cheesley took in his first dozen games before his metamorphosis  into god!

2 minutes ago, Brooko said:

Agree, at least a 7. Worked his nuts off today. Best game in a while 

He just gives you the impression that he has so much more to offer. A couple of times in the first half he laid the ball back or inside and didn't show enough movement.

If he ever gets total belief in his own ability we might just have another top player in our squad. IMO.

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t think anyone will argue he could of been better in his 15 minutes.  But the attacks are ongoing. Someone recently even said he would never score for us on here. I think you are quite wrong until he raps a couple in the top corner there are a few around here that won’t stop trash talking the kid. It puts in mind of the shit Paul Cheesley took in his first dozen games before his metamorphosis  into god!

He’s certainly got some strength and ability but he can’t stand still and wait for the ball to come to him as he does in U23s , before he comes alive

Hes been kept here as a back up / first team striker and IMHO his whole approach and his lack of understanding of a role was a bit of a eye opener 

He will score and score goals but if you were eyeing him for the first time today you’d say he is miles off at present and has a long way to go to make it

I think he’s better than that but I said last week I’d like to see more buzz and desire in him

Why people shouldn’t comment on his performance is beyond me 

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Massengo is different gravy. He took one ball out of sky with a deft touch while on the move. I can't imagine anyone in our Squad bar Palmer would have attempted it. 18? Mental to think where this Boy could end up.

I remember being hugely impressed with that particular moment. He has such a natural, easy quality on the ball that we rarely see in a player at our level. Absolute class.

At PNE he was the complete opposite and at no time stood and waited for the ball to come. Was among our best players and was very unlucky to be taken off due to a change of approach. LJ said all this. And was correct. So your first paragraph relates to your thoughts of today not of how he’s played overall. Yet he got slated by some on here that day. 

He does what he is told to do in specific situations. Yes today he did not cover himself in glory but unless you were sitting next to LJ you and I have no clue what he was told to do before going out today. 

Again I have got no problem with peoples commentary and discussion it’s attack after attack that get up my nose. And I have said do repeatedly! And say again!

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Laughable.

My first time seeing Massengo in the flesh so I watched him closely. I can only recall one occasion where he gave the ball away. Always busy. Always available. Stronger on the ball than his physique would suggest. But what really stood out for me was his outstanding first touch, often enabling him to deftly take control of the ball in pressure situations, move the ball to safety and set us off on an attack.

He’s an outstanding player and if he was a 4 today then most City players on most occasions are a 2 at best.

Again, laughable. Our most reliable player in possession.

Exactly. If he is awful I would happily watch a team of awful. Hope Lee is already looking at more awful players to weaken us in January!

2 minutes ago, Super said:

So he did give the ball away.

I would expect any player who had as much of the ball as he did to have a few misplaced passes. Enjoy him whilst he is here, he’s already too good for us.

1 minute ago, Super said:

All about opinions at the end of the day. Calm down girls.

That’s quite insulting.

Bentley 8

Rowe 6

Moore 8

Williams 9 MoM

Pereria 7

Brownhill 6

Messengo 8

Elliason 5

ODowda 4

Fammy 6

Wiemann 6

Subs

Semenyo 2

Hunt 7

Palmer 6

Williams was just immense, top class, so assured and calm. Bentley and Moore pushing for MoM. Messengo was decent, Fammy improved but still not top end Championship.

Semmenyo needs to be taken out of the spotlight and quick. O’Dowda, ain’t going to win the fans back with that type of performance.

Bright first twenty, then disappeared. Unbelievably lacklustre second half. Lucky to get three points. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

@Super either every singe person on this thread is wrong or you are wrong.  Knowing that, do you genuinely think he was awful or do you think you might have seen it incorrectly? 

I didnt think he played well. I do rate him but today wasnt his best. IN MY OPINION.

1 minute ago, Super said:

I didnt think he played well. I do rate him but today wasnt his best. IN MY OPINION.

But you said he was ‘Awful’

Yes opinions , but occasionally there’s one , and that one , simply staggers me tbh

Its like someone saying Famara should have scored seven 

Archived