IGNORED

Ratings from today

old_eastender

Can’t see how odowda was a 4/10. Massengo played well enough. Thought williams very solid today and Palmer good energy when he came on which is exactly what we needed (effort in a scrap towards the end) Can only hope one of the coaching staff had a word with Antoine....simply not good enough. I’ll take bad touches to a certain extent, not going after the ball/chasing down in a game like that gotta do it fella

1 hour ago, RedM said:

If you go down the route that rugby does and call subs ‘Impact Players’, then you got to ask if Semenyo made an impact and positively affected the game. I say not which is disappointing and concerning as it’s not a ‘one off’ from him either.

Yes I know he is young but he was called back from a successful loan spell early last season, I think he would have been better off staying there and taking another loan again this season. But then again if it hadn’t been for a Afobe’s injury that’s what would probably have happened, or at the least he would have been here but not getting many match minutes.

Only a few clubs including Bristol do that. It's horrendous and they need to stop it.

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

What a top professional Rowe is, after his early booking I thought he played with great control.   He could fill in anywhere on the pitch.          

He heads the ball like a seasoned center back. Him and Williams for no fee  look as important as the signings that cost millions.

It's funny you say that because I was going to ask if Rowe was lucky to be on the pitch. Was it him who got away with a shove when the Reading striker was through on goal? Looked like a booking minimum to me?

4 hours ago, DownendRed97 said:

Been really impressed with Moore this season, think we was excellent again today. 

Starting to worry about Brownhill. A number of times today he attempted to drive forward and took a heavy touch and lost the ball. Has seemed to have lost his cutting edge...maybe the extra pressure of captaincy is limiting him a little and not letting him play with as much freedom as he wants. I think having Nagy back will help him a lot.

I thought Brownhill had a decent game,especially the first half. Driving the team forward, lots of neat passes

I think because of the high standards and the step up in players we can be more demanding.

There was a lot of tired players out there today. Looking at the squad its up front where we are struggling. I know he was playing out of position, but clearly Semenyo is not ready for that position. He seems to have a heavy touch and doesn't read the game early enough. I am sure he will get better.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Matty Taylor would've been the better option today.

In fact Marley Watkins would have offered a better option. I think that substitution was a coaching mistake.

Bentley - 8 - a 2 point save late on and in first half.  Saved a win turning into a draw.  One flap at the far post (hyper critical), but again Leadership when ball went dead after Massengo lost the ball, a little chat and arm around him. Classy.

Pereira - 7 - unflappable at RB and RCB, even when Ejaria was making things tick.  Doesn’t dive in and quick too.  Used the ball decently, and think more to come going forward in time.

Rowe - 7 - solid afternoon, linked well with O’Dowda and stuck to his task.

Williams - 7 - just knows how to defend.  Knows where to be.

Moore - 9 - my MOTM.  His best City performance.  Tough customers in Meite and Puscas, but showed strength and pace to thwart them.  Getting better and better.

Brownhill - 7 - tireless running and covering today.  Most passes on either side.  A good foil for Massengo.

Massengo -7 - drove us on as best as he could today.  We know Ejaria is a good, young player....Han is giving him 3 years!  A couple of sloppy passes, but there is so much to like.

Eliasson - 6 - cross = goal, few other bright bits.  Not v.good without the ball.  That will be what limits his minutes / starts here.

O’Dowda - 7 - I often criticise him for the passing angles he gives.  Today I thought his movement was really good and managed to get on the ball a lot because he took his RB deep and then checked back to get ball from Rowe.  Just missing a bit of end product today.

Weimann - 7 - Duracell bunny.  Linked up well today.  Snatched at a couple of chances.

Diedhiou - 7 - much improved.  “Angry” according to LJ.  It made the difference.  Took his header well.  Tired in second half, but lot to like in opening half.

Subs;

Semenyo - 4 - poor, looked lost

Palmer - no on enough to rate, but brought quality on the ball

Hunt - 6 - did exactly what was needed.

16 hours ago, Abingdon Red said:

I think they definitely sent the wrong player to Oxford. It would've really benefited Semenyo playing a year/6months at league one, rather than expecting him to fit in to the championship straight from league two. We would've also been better off at the moment with Taylor's experience etc.

I wasn’t a great fan of Taylor but he would definitely be an upgrade on Semenyo. Semenyo was awful yesterday and should be nowhere near the first team. Overrated and a lot of hype about the player from what I’ve seen!

16 minutes ago, swanker said:

I wasn’t a great fan of Taylor but he would definitely be an upgrade on Semenyo. Semenyo was awful yesterday and should be nowhere near the first team. Overrated and a lot of hype about the player from what I’ve seen!

Six subs it is then! ?????

17 hours ago, DownendRed97 said:

Been really impressed with Moore this season, think we was excellent again today. 

Starting to worry about Brownhill. A number of times today he attempted to drive forward and took a heavy touch and lost the ball. Has seemed to have lost his cutting edge...maybe the extra pressure of captaincy is limiting him a little and not letting him play with as much freedom as he wants. I think having Nagy back will help him a lot.

Yep,,I think Josh may be trying a little too hard to present as the "responsable" Captain in his approach during matches - maybe an arm around his shoulder from Lee with a gentle word or two in the shellike .... I'd be happy enough to see the armband (for now) go to the old head of Williams if this were to mentally free up Josh,,and hopefully not see it as being told "your not up to it"

The problems of a head coach eh!

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Yep,,I think Josh may be trying a little too hard to present as the "responsable" Captain in his approach during matches - maybe an arm around his shoulder from Lee with a gentle word or two in the shellike .... I'd be happy enough to see the armband (for now) go to the old head of Williams if this were to mentally free up Josh,,and hopefully not see it as being told "your not up to it"

The problems of a head coach eh!

I’ve been really impressed with Brownhill...think he’s thriving on being captain.

What do you think has been missing from Josh since being given the armband?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve been really impressed with Brownhill...think he’s thriving on being captain.

What do you think has been missing from Josh since being given the armband?

He seems a bit 'inhibited/guarded since getting the Captaincy.....can't say if it's a conscious thing on his behalf,,or something unconsciously coming with the extra responsability over & above the usual 'just being Josh Brownhill,,City player..

Something missing from the offensive side of his game...still playing well mind so don't get me wrong - maybe that's the price of maturity!?

26 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

He seems a bit 'inhibited/guarded since getting the Captaincy.....can't say if it's a conscious thing on his behalf,,or something unconsciously coming with the extra responsability over & above the usual 'just being Josh Brownhill,,City player..

Something missing from the offensive side of his game...still playing well mind so don't get me wrong - maybe that's the price of maturity!?

Yep, been given responsibility to be the more cautious one.  Would be a lot to give that to an 18 year old, irrespective of how good Han-Noah is!

Personally, I think we’d see the Josh we are more used to if alongside Nagy.  The Brum 90 and QPR 45 showed Josh with a bit more license with Nagy alongside him.

Good problems imho.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

What's the chances of recalling Pato in January to bolster our offensive?

Seems to be doing ok at Derby.

We could as I think we have a recall option. How keen Derby will be to keep him probably depends on the outcome of Lawrence`s court case I suspect. I would think if Derby offer us a reasonable amount we`d let him go I think.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, been given responsibility to be the more cautious one.  Would be a lot to give that to an 18 year old, irrespective of how good Han-Noah is!

Personally, I think we’d see the Josh we are more used to if alongside Nagy.  The Brum 90 and QPR 45 showed Josh with a bit more license with Nagy alongside him.

Good problems imho.

Josh is coming a lot deeper to collect the ball meaning we are seeing him alot less breaking into the box. While I'm not sure which hes suited to more we cant argue with how things are going at the moment. 

On 05/10/2019 at 19:42, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Personally not sure what COD offers 

For one:  the chance for us to witness a bone idle, severely limited player with a massively over-inflated opinion as to his abilities robbing a wage.

Secondly: for those with a beef with WeeLee amunition when arguing he's got his selections and formations wrong.

18 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

For one:  the chance for us to witness a bone idle, severely limited player with a massively over-inflated opinion as to his abilities robbing a wage.

Secondly: for those with a beef with WeeLee amunition when arguing he's got his selections and formations wrong.

Is that an undecided, Beet?

Archived