IGNORED

Niclas and Famara.

Garland-sweden

1 minute ago, KeepUpLino said:

I’m sorry but with Famara upfront we are nothing less than Impotent!! Bench player maybe but Christ we’re toothless with him starting!!!

You know what, I thought the same when we had afobe. But now we haven’t we have to face up that he’s our best option. 
Opposition do their research and will man mark him making space for other players (equaliser against Brentford in week)

Hunt gave a good cross to Famara a couple of games ago, header and goal. Fam is far from complete but he have his strenghts. The thing is we have to use it. Afobe dont play this season no more, so we got Fam and Semenyo. Weimann have scored 4 and Famara 3. Then we have Palmer, Brownhill and others who can score. We have to face it and do the best out of it.

3 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You can laugh all you want son, we won’t get promoted with Fammy up front simple as that!!!

We came a game away from promotion with Darren Byfield leading the line...

Having a 20 goal a season striker isn’t imperative to promotion. If we can keep the spin to our team fit we’ll be in with a shout no question 

4 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You can laugh all you want son, we won’t get promoted with Fammy up front simple as that!!!

We have improved year on year that Famara has been here. We are currently very well placed for a promotion challenge, With Famara up front. 

For me Fam is a useful player, a very useful player.... If only we played to his strengths. He reminds me a little of Akinbyi. Play the ball in front of him and he will get you goals. Don't play it behind him or up high to him with his back to goal. The guy can dominate any defender but does not have the touch to be effective. Get the ball swung into the box or over the top for him to run into and I believe the guy can be very very effective. Unfortunately we rarely play the players that can get the best out of his strengths... Today we did Elliasson... And look what happens.

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

One moment of class was enough today to get all points. Eliasson fast with body and ball put a great ball to Famara who knew it was coming. It was beautiful.

I thought Diedhiou had his best game of the season today.  A fired up Fam is capable of giving us something to work with up front.  A passive Fam isn’t.  He was good today.

Without having to explain the key, the stats pic below shows a much more all round performance.

88EB1B76-CF2F-4C8F-9912-E5054D6FF01B.thumb.jpeg.ddcb3b3646a60d99695c1a375924bee0.jpeg

Shots, headers, assists.  Was on his toes today.  He hit Miazga on the touchline first minute, then caused him a bloody nose 2 minutes later.  It seemed to kick him into action.

He tired around the hour, as we struggled to keep the ball as a team.

So, a player heavily criticised (and rightly so in some cases) came good.

The clamour for Eliasson, proved after 12 minutes, crossing to Fam....for their first ever assist / goal combination.  Why hasn’t LJ been picking our most “assisting” player!!

Because after a really decent 20 minutes, he didn’t do much else, certainly not first half.  Second half he was the route of our problems.  I watched him closely for the positions he took up without the ball.  Reading having switched to 4231 (from back 5) and Ejaria moved wide left.  Gomes had sensed a weak link.  With Reading gaining possession around the half way line, Ejaria moved inside with Pereira marking him, leaving Richards wide left.  Eliasson needed to just hang out wide, 5-10 yards inside Richards.  But every time Ejaria moved inside, Eliasson got sucked inside too - for no reason. This left an easy outlet for the Reading midfield to find Richards.  With Eliasson out of position, Pereira (who had a fine game defensively) has to engage Richards, leaving Ejaria free....because Eliasson now ball watching and lacking instinct to track Ejaria.  It happened 3/4 times in that opening 10-15 minutes of the second half.

Ultimately you can say one Eliasson cross wins is the three points, but on another day his naivety (or lack of defensive nous) costs us because our opponents are more clinical / punishing.

I will feel harsh criticising him, but if we want to progress and Nic get more games, he is gonna have to learn this side of his game.

Archived