IGNORED

Niclas and Famara.

Garland-sweden

I agree with Johnson that we don't play to his strengths. And I don't think we ever will as Fam does not really fit in with how LJ wants us to play as a team. Afobe and Weimann much more suits our style of football. So for me Diedhiou is not good enough for how we want to play, but he could be excellent for someone like Warnock. 

I thought he did some decent things yesterday first half. Was poor second half and tired early. But even in first half he frustrates with some very strong hold up play and then tries to do an impossible pass through a crowd of Reading players. Sometimes he does one difficult thing well but then messes up the next bit.

We play too much football for what kind of player he is. You look at Afobe's touch and his acceleration and his stamina over 90 minutes, and of course his movement. That's really what we are missing and still need to work out a better solution than sticking Fam alongside Weimann imo. If Palmer is a key creative player then do we really stick someone in front of him he can't thread those balls through to?

9 hours ago, watkins1983 said:

Anyone noticed famny has been called up to the Senegal squad for a game against none other than Brazil! If he outdoes mane then we all need to eat humble pie don’t we ??

Hasn't been confirmed yet just a rumour, maybe false.

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I agree with Johnson that we don't play to his strengths. And I don't think we ever will as Fam does not really fit in with how LJ wants us to play as a team. Afobe and Weimann much more suits our style of football. So for me Diedhiou is not good enough for how we want to play, but he could be excellent for someone like Warnock. 

I thought he did some decent things yesterday first half. Was poor second half and tired early. But even in first half he frustrates with some very strong hold up play and then tries to do an impossible pass through a crowd of Reading players. Sometimes he does one difficult thing well but then messes up the next bit.

We play too much football for what kind of player he is. You look at Afobe's touch and his acceleration and his stamina over 90 minutes, and of course his movement. That's really what we are missing and still need to work out a better solution than sticking Fam alongside Weimann imo. If Palmer is a key creative player then do we really stick someone in front of him he can't thread those balls through to?

Appreciate your take on our goal scorer.

What are your thoughts on Semenyo and what he added to the team yesterday?

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Appreciate your take on our goal scorer yesterday. 

What are your thoughts on Semenyo and what he added to the team yesterday?

He was awful. Who knows what he will be like next time he plays. Would not surprise me if he plays well, it's a big gamble every time LJ puts him on the pitch. It's maybe a bit early to say, but he looks less confident in home games. Thought he played quite well against Preston, and was really getting going just before being brought off.

I don't think he was bad at all against Brentford. Not massively involved, but the ball was mainly in our half and he had some nice touches, won headers and was involved in our best chance in the first half before being brought off.

I agree with people who say he does not look ready for our first team. And I guess these games are trying to get him ready as LJ must see the huge potential, and maybe thinks he will start showing it soon with a run of games. 

I don't really see the lack of effort other people are saying. I see a player who looks very inexperienced and nervous. The great bits we have seen shows what he can become. 19 is ridiculously young for a striker at this level. If our system allowed it then I bet he'd be much more comfortable in space on the left wing in a 433. But we obviously usually play a very different system to that.

Archived