Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Garland-sweden

Niclas and Famara.

The fact I’m the first reply speaks volumes about what people think about fammy

But opinions aside it was a great cross and great header that no doubt gets done in training dozens of times each week. Great goal and got us the 3 points today. COYR

Edited by watkins1983

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I like our goals a bit more when it’s Fammy. He gets a tonne of stick but he’s a decent player. 

I’m sorry but with Famara upfront we are nothing less than Impotent!! Bench player maybe but Christ we’re toothless with him starting!!!

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 4
  • Hedgehog 1
  • Rovers 4
  • Snake 2

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

I’m sorry but with Famara upfront we are nothing less than Impotent!! Bench player maybe but Christ we’re toothless with him starting!!!

Thought Fammy had a good game and scored. Should start every game!

• Rovers 1

1 minute ago, KeepUpLino said:

You know what, I thought the same when we had afobe. But now we haven’t we have to face up that he’s our best option. 
Opposition do their research and will man mark him making space for other players (equaliser against Brentford in week)

• Like 1

Hunt gave a good cross to Famara a couple of games ago, header and goal. Fam is far from complete but he have his strenghts. The thing is we have to use it. Afobe dont play this season no more, so we got Fam and Semenyo. Weimann have scored 4 and Famara 3. Then we have Palmer, Brownhill and others who can score. We have to face it and do the best out of it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

And we’ve looked outstanding with Semenyo upfront for us previously!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You can laugh all you want son, we won’t get promoted with Fammy up front simple as that!!!

We came a game away from promotion with Darren Byfield leading the line...

Having a 20 goal a season striker isn’t imperative to promotion. If we can keep the spin to our team fit we’ll be in with a shout no question 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You can laugh all you want son, we won’t get promoted with Fammy up front simple as that!!!

We have improved year on year that Famara has been here. We are currently very well placed for a promotion challenge, With Famara up front. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

And yet City are the joint third team for goals scored in the Championship......

• Like 4

Anyone noticed famny has been called up to the Senegal squad for a game against none other than Brazil! If he outdoes mane then we all need to eat humble pie don’t we 😂😂

2 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Couldn't trap a bag of cement ...

For me Fam is a useful player, a very useful player.... If only we played to his strengths. He reminds me a little of Akinbyi. Play the ball in front of him and he will get you goals. Don't play it behind him or up high to him with his back to goal. The guy can dominate any defender but does not have the touch to be effective. Get the ball swung into the box or over the top for him to run into and I believe the guy can be very very effective. Unfortunately we rarely play the players that can get the best out of his strengths... Today we did Elliasson... And look what happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

0-0 draw without him today.

25 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Because hes been a total waste of FIVE MILLION POUNDS!

Less than half of what Boro spent on Assombalonga?

bargain imo

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

One moment of class was enough today to get all points. Eliasson fast with body and ball put a great ball to Famara who knew it was coming. It was beautiful.

I thought Diedhiou had his best game of the season today.  A fired up Fam is capable of giving us something to work with up front.  A passive Fam isn’t.  He was good today.

Without having to explain the key, the stats pic below shows a much more all round performance.

88EB1B76-CF2F-4C8F-9912-E5054D6FF01B.thumb.jpeg.ddcb3b3646a60d99695c1a375924bee0.jpeg

Shots, headers, assists.  Was on his toes today.  He hit Miazga on the touchline first minute, then caused him a bloody nose 2 minutes later.  It seemed to kick him into action.

He tired around the hour, as we struggled to keep the ball as a team.

So, a player heavily criticised (and rightly so in some cases) came good.

The clamour for Eliasson, proved after 12 minutes, crossing to Fam....for their first ever assist / goal combination.  Why hasn’t LJ been picking our most “assisting” player!!

Because after a really decent 20 minutes, he didn’t do much else, certainly not first half.  Second half he was the route of our problems.  I watched him closely for the positions he took up without the ball.  Reading having switched to 4231 (from back 5) and Ejaria moved wide left.  Gomes had sensed a weak link.  With Reading gaining possession around the half way line, Ejaria moved inside with Pereira marking him, leaving Richards wide left.  Eliasson needed to just hang out wide, 5-10 yards inside Richards.  But every time Ejaria moved inside, Eliasson got sucked inside too - for no reason. This left an easy outlet for the Reading midfield to find Richards.  With Eliasson out of position, Pereira (who had a fine game defensively) has to engage Richards, leaving Ejaria free....because Eliasson now ball watching and lacking instinct to track Ejaria.  It happened 3/4 times in that opening 10-15 minutes of the second half.

Ultimately you can say one Eliasson cross wins is the three points, but on another day his naivety (or lack of defensive nous) costs us because our opponents are more clinical / punishing.

I will feel harsh criticising him, but if we want to progress and Nic get more games, he is gonna have to learn this side of his game.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Who said anything about Semenyo?!?

So who do you suggest playing up front then? We’re not exactly blessed with options right now!

I agree with Johnson that we don't play to his strengths. And I don't think we ever will as Fam does not really fit in with how LJ wants us to play as a team. Afobe and Weimann much more suits our style of football. So for me Diedhiou is not good enough for how we want to play, but he could be excellent for someone like Warnock. 

I thought he did some decent things yesterday first half. Was poor second half and tired early. But even in first half he frustrates with some very strong hold up play and then tries to do an impossible pass through a crowd of Reading players. Sometimes he does one difficult thing well but then messes up the next bit.

We play too much football for what kind of player he is. You look at Afobe's touch and his acceleration and his stamina over 90 minutes, and of course his movement. That's really what we are missing and still need to work out a better solution than sticking Fam alongside Weimann imo. If Palmer is a key creative player then do we really stick someone in front of him he can't thread those balls through to?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, watkins1983 said:

Anyone noticed famny has been called up to the Senegal squad for a game against none other than Brazil! If he outdoes mane then we all need to eat humble pie don’t we 😂😂

Hasn't been confirmed yet just a rumour, maybe false.

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I agree with Johnson that we don't play to his strengths. And I don't think we ever will as Fam does not really fit in with how LJ wants us to play as a team. Afobe and Weimann much more suits our style of football. So for me Diedhiou is not good enough for how we want to play, but he could be excellent for someone like Warnock. 

I thought he did some decent things yesterday first half. Was poor second half and tired early. But even in first half he frustrates with some very strong hold up play and then tries to do an impossible pass through a crowd of Reading players. Sometimes he does one difficult thing well but then messes up the next bit.

We play too much football for what kind of player he is. You look at Afobe's touch and his acceleration and his stamina over 90 minutes, and of course his movement. That's really what we are missing and still need to work out a better solution than sticking Fam alongside Weimann imo. If Palmer is a key creative player then do we really stick someone in front of him he can't thread those balls through to?

Appreciate your take on our goal scorer.

What are your thoughts on Semenyo and what he added to the team yesterday?

Edited by swanker

Play to his strength. Get the crosses in . He played well yesterday especially first half. Even LJ said in his presser we don’t play to his strengths enough. We all know he has areas to improve on . And we need another striker. 

We did win yesterday didn’t we 

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Appreciate your take on our goal scorer yesterday. 

What are your thoughts on Semenyo and what he added to the team yesterday?

He was awful. Who knows what he will be like next time he plays. Would not surprise me if he plays well, it's a big gamble every time LJ puts him on the pitch. It's maybe a bit early to say, but he looks less confident in home games. Thought he played quite well against Preston, and was really getting going just before being brought off.

I don't think he was bad at all against Brentford. Not massively involved, but the ball was mainly in our half and he had some nice touches, won headers and was involved in our best chance in the first half before being brought off.

I agree with people who say he does not look ready for our first team. And I guess these games are trying to get him ready as LJ must see the huge potential, and maybe thinks he will start showing it soon with a run of games. 

I don't really see the lack of effort other people are saying. I see a player who looks very inexperienced and nervous. The great bits we have seen shows what he can become. 19 is ridiculously young for a striker at this level. If our system allowed it then I bet he'd be much more comfortable in space on the left wing in a 433. But we obviously usually play a very different system to that.