IGNORED

Korey v Massenga

WECANDO

Listening to the Radio Bristol after the match and some guy commentating basically said Korey Smith should come straight back in with Massenga making way and slightly talking down on the latter whose time will come. I for one think Massenga is a top player already and his awareness, speed of thought, skills and fitness are superior to what even a fully fit Korey could offer. Love to watch him but arrest here and there would do him good.

11 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Listening to the Radio Bristol after the match and some guy commentating basically said Korey Smith should come straight back in with Massenga making way and slightly talking down on the latter whose time will come. I for one think Massenga is a top player already and his awareness, speed of thought, skills and fitness are superior to what even a fully fit Korey could offer. Love to watch him but arrest here and there would do him good.

It worked for Tom Lawrence, based on his performance today...

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

The Korey at his peak from a couple of years ago, I would say just about and a nice problem to have.

Hate to say it, and obviously hope I am wrong, but are we ever going to see that Korey again?

Yes, I think so. He looked very good when he came back, albeit very briefly, from his knee injury last last time .

I’ve said it before, if we can get Korey Smith back to the level he was at before these horrific injuries, then he is one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

A leader, a warrior and a bloody good footballer too. Mental, physical and technical ability is top class .

Massengo is exceptional. I don't get what some people are seeing.

A part of me wants to see Massengo, Brownhill, Nagy and Korey all in the same side, but don't think that will happen.

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

The Korey at his peak from a couple of years ago, I would say just about and a nice problem to have.

Hate to say it, and obviously hope I am wrong, but are we ever going to see that Korey again?

Chris Honour talking on RB post match said that he thought Korey played as well for 40 odd mins when he came back last season , before he got injured  again :comando:  , as he’d ever done 

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Once Nagy is fit I think we'll see Massengo benched for a little while. It won't be a popular move and isn't necessarily what I'd do either but they'll be mindful of not wanting to overplay him.

At 18 years old I think they’d be right to think that too.

For a long time it felt like we had nothing but Brownhill and Pack in the middle. Lovely to suddenly have some nice selection headaches in the middle of the park.

24 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Told today, not by anyone in the know,  that I know off. Anyway he told me that Leicester are looking to bid around £20 mill for Messengo in January. 

But regarding this if I remember correctly wasn’t Pack and Brownhill first choice beginning of last season with Smith a sub?

£20m, for an 18 year old we paid £8m for that would have 3 years left on his contract? I would find that very hard to believe. I think when we do sell him, it will be a record breaking fee. 

28 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Told today, not by anyone in the know,  that I know off. Anyway he told me that Leicester are looking to bid around £20 mill for Messengo in January. 

But regarding this if I remember correctly wasn’t Pack and Brownhill first choice beginning of last season with Smith a sub?

They can bid £20m - but I’ve been quite impressed with Mark Ashton’s negotiations over the last few seasons - I reckon he’ll tell them to change the 2 to a 3 then come back for a chat .... 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They can bid £20m - but I’ve been quite impressed with Mark Ashton’s negotiations over the last few seasons - I reckon he’ll tell them to change the 2 to a 3 then come back for a chat .... 

Reminds me of Kante in his playing strengths 

And that’s exactly how I’d look to use him

Not sure he’s going to create or score lots of goals but can boss the midfield tidying up and rotating the ball

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Reminds me of Kante in his playing strengths 

And that’s exactly how I’d look to use him

Not sure he’s going to create or score lots of goals but can boss the midfield tidying up and rotating the ball

.... and he’s only got about 14 seasons left (all being well) to get even better!

15 minutes ago, chucky said:

£20m, for an 18 year old we paid £8m for that would have 3 years left on his contract? I would find that very hard to believe. I think when we do sell him, it will be a record breaking fee. 

That was similar to my reply as well. 

I would hope we would at the minimum wait until the summer as his price barring injuries will keep going up.  

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

It's difficult though, as the (obvious) way to do that would be 3-5-2 which suits our defensive players but not so much our attacking ones. 

Yeah, this is true- it's a dilemma.

My thinking was those '3' then Palmer as the '1' and Weimann partners Afobe up front...but that was pre a few weeks ago!

Now?

Maybe:

Brownhill Nagy Massengo O'Dowda/Eliasson

Palmer

Weimann

4-4-1-1.

Or:

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Palmer O'Dowda

Weimann

4-3-2-1/4-3-3 hybrid- but centrally yet Brownhill can pull wider to help Hunt in some phases, O'Dowda left to support Dasilva, can help guard against 2 v 1 scenarios.

I do feel we need that 3 in there though as I worry about our lack of control as seen in a number of games this season- how sustainable is it moving forward?

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I like HNM but from the half game I’ve seen of him, I think Nagy is even better. 

Nagy is the better player now I would agree, but Messengo is an amazing player already and has so many years left to improve. Once everyone is fit, Messengo will start more on the bench. I don't think it was the plan to play him so much, only because Nagy got injured. Brownhill is a Johnson favourite so will start majority of games

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

That was similar to my reply as well. 

I would hope we would at the minimum wait until the summer as his price barring injuries will keep going up.  

Genuine question, why did no premier League club come him for him over the summer? We all heard the Chelsea conspiracy theory, but surely other premier League clubs would love to have signed him

I think we just have to accept that if Smith and Nagy are fit at the same time as Brownhill and Massengo, then Lee has a wonderful selection headache in front of him.

As we’ve seen already the chances of having everyone fit is rare, and injuries elsewhere may influence the line-up.

Massengo is an amazing talent, improving our midfield capability and options to play differently to last season.  He is mature beyond his years.  Him and Brownhill got through some miles today.  I actually think Josh has learned to use his body better in challenges...think he’s learned from Han-Noah.

Archived