IGNORED

Shoot !!!!

BobBobSuperBob

Am I right in thinking we haven’t scored from outside the box this season (Was Nagy just inside or outside) ?

Im not sure how many we scored from outside the box last season but, not many at all spring immediately to mind ,  it’s a long time since we had a player or players who were a serious threat from outside the box 

The odd one would be a help in and out !

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Am I right in thinking we haven’t scored from outside the box this season (Was Nagy just inside or outside) ?

Im not sure how many we scored from outside the box last season but, not many at all spring immediately to mind ,  it’s a long time since we had a player or players who were a serious threat from outside the box 

Had to go and watch it on YouTube as could not remember, Just inside box.

Not ran the numbers, but seems a high proportion from headers as well, or at least first or second phase from a decent cross. Player running on to a through ball, not so much. Real shame the Palmer/Afobe partnership ended so soon.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wasn’t Jack Hunts against QPR in the cup game outside the box? 

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Walsh at QPR. Cup I know but still outside the box 

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

Walsh at QPR. Cup I know but still outside the box 

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Wasn’t Jack Hunts against QPR in the cup game outside the box? 

Both correct of course but was thinking League games ;) 

Bizzare we should then get two in a cup game !

47 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Isn’t it true that of Gary Lineker’s 280-odd club goals, only one was from outside the box?! I seem to remember it was for Spurs at Old Trafford - old big ears was the very epitome of being in the right place at the right time inside the box. A superb player for clubs and country ...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Isn’t it true that of Gary Lineker’s 280-odd club goals, only one was from outside the box?! I seem to remember it was for Spurs at Old Trafford - old big ears was the very epitome of being in the right place at the right time inside the box. A superb player for clubs and country ...

Think your right mate

Prob is we havn’t got a  Lineker !

:laughcont:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think your right mate

Prob is we havn’t got a  Lineker !

:laughcont:

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Think I read somrwhere that Tammy has never scored outside the box for any of his clubs. hasn't done him any harm. 

And we havnt got a Tammy !

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If only! But you’re right, with modern footballs it is so much easier to trouble the keepers from long range .... just bloody put yer foot through it - a common cry from myself at most games! ?

Tbf Famara let fly today - Left foot too

It was going about 10 yds wide but a Reading defender stuck a leg out and deflected it for a corner

I do think we should take a dip more often , deflections , ricochets , keeper errors - all sorts can happen 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tbf Famara let fly today - Left foot too

It was going about 10 yds wide but a Reading defender stuck a leg out and deflected it for a corner

I do think we should take a dip more often , deflections , ricochets , keeper errors - all sorts can happen 

Jimmy Mann never hesitated! He just whacked the spherical object! Didn’t he beat Shilton from around 65 yards once?! (Obviously exaggerating the distance ?)

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If I'd a pound today for every time I screamed shoot FFS!! I could retire to the sun and never have to lift a finger again (and that is only mildly exaggerating) so bloody frustrating, the young kids sat in front of me thought I was mad and in one way I was.

9 hours ago, pillred said:

If I'd a pound today for every time I screamed shoot FFS!! I could retire to the sun and never have to lift a finger again (and that is only mildly exaggerating) so bloody frustrating, the young kids sat in front of me thought I was mad and in one way I was.

You were mad. Bentley was taking the goal kick ?

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s only recently Tammy scored his first ever professional goal from outside the area!

12 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Think I read somrwhere that Tammy has never scored outside the box for any of his clubs. hasn't done him any harm. 

He has now!

12 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

He scored for Chelsea recently from outside the box. It was a game live on Sky iirc v Norwich away. I couldn't believe what I had witnessed and felt sure that VAR would step in to prove that it was a strike from outside the box and disallow it because it was Abraham and he isn't allowed to do such a thing.

Archived