IGNORED

David Cotterill

Henry

Reading Cotterill's post. Is seems there is some acknowledgement that there is questionable financial dealings that gave gone on in the past.

In law you have actus rea (guilty act); and mens rea(guilty mind) to prove a criminal offence.

Whilst his mental health may be a mitigating factor. His addictions (I'm guessing gambling), seem to have played a key motivating role in what has gone on. I think that you could read into it, that he knows what he did was wrong.

He has stated that "gangsters" are involved; which points towards money lending. It all seems like another footballer ponzi scheme.

Hopefully these are historic allegations, and not from the present; since he has been receiving treatment for his mental health act.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You are missing my point. Mental health has become ‘fashionable’.

Of course there are thousands of genuine cases where people are on the brink and need help, but this gets diluted by those who play this card as an easy way out. And as someone else has said, it’s very easy to go to the doctors for medication without real examinations or tests being done.

Working in a world of credit control you can quite often hear things like ‘if you keep chasing me I will kill myself’. You have to be careful as some people are on the edge but they get missed as so many people use it as an empty threat to get out of a difficult situation.

Mental health/depression has always existed, it’s nothing new. What is new is the amount of people that new use this as a get out of jail free card, therefore taking away the real issue from those suffering.

I’m not missing your point, you have commented on DC’s situation from a statement he has released, from that statement that he’s released, there is no knowing how serious his situation is / was.

But I’d suggest that having suffered from depression for nearly 5 years now myself, the hardest thing you can do is admit you have a ‘problem’ because it feels like you’re admitting that you have a weakness, something that some can use against you!

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m not missing your point, you have commented on DC’s situation from a statement he has released, from that statement that he’s released, there is no knowing how serious his situation is / was.

But I’d suggest that having suffered from depression for nearly 5 years now myself, the hardest thing you can do is admit you have a ‘problem’ because it feels like you’re admitting that you have a weakness, something that some can use against you!

Do you not think the statement released indicates the seriousness of it?

Pretty embarrassed that so many people in this day & age still dismiss mental health problems, particularly those of men who bravely open up in an inherently masculine environment. I pray so desperately that nobody in your family or friendship circle ever suffer, because if they do & were to see how questionable some of you are about the legitimacy of people's problems, I imagine they'd never wish to open up to you.

Approximately 12 men and 6 women a day in the UK lose their lives to suicide. It's the biggest killer of men between 18 & 40. And still people don't take it seriously. Baffles and saddens me.

22 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You do realise the coloured is about as racist a term as you can use nowadays. 

Maybe 40 years ago it was fine but things have moved on, it’s a term you just can’t use any more...

You're right to flag it up. It might be a lack of education on the part of the original poster. Then again it could just be a reflection of the individual's character.

2 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

You're right to flag it up. It might be a lack of education on the part of the original poster. Then again it could just be a reflection of the individual's character.

Unfortunately, with some of the messages I’ve received from the individual over other issues, I think it’s his character

50 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You do realise the coloured is about as racist a term as you can use nowadays. 

Maybe 40 years ago it was fine but things have moved on, it’s a term you just can’t use any more...

He’s made similar racist/homophobic  comments before. Best to ignore and report.

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’ve tried reporting him, unfortunately I got a warning myself for doing so. 

Just think ignoring is the best option

I’m far from RR biggest cheerleader and it is a term that is now understandably regarded as derogatory 

But

i think you may find this was a generational language mistake and RR realised so 

It certainly wasn’t meant as a racial comment and can we stop creating a campaign about the post and move on

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m far from RR biggest cheerleader and it is a term that is now understandably regarded as derogatory 

But

i think you may find this was a generational language mistake and RR realised so 

It certainly wasn’t meant as a racial comment and can we stop creating a campaign about the post and move on

I wasn’t talking about RRs original post, which I agree is most probably an honest mistake. 

I replied to @TuxHarrys post on the situation, which insinuated that he felt that phrase was fine which imo isn’t on.

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I wasn’t talking about RRs original post, which I agree is most probably an honest mistake. 

I replied to @TuxHarrys post on the situation, which insinuated that he felt that phrase was fine which imo isn’t on.

No it’s not 

But the Points been made , is that not sufficient ?

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Do you not think the statement released indicates the seriousness of it?

The seriousness of having his family threatened by gangsters? It doesn’t explain enough as to why.

What about he made these mistakes before he suffered with depression & the subsequent consequences have helped cause his depression because of the fear of what could happen to his family?

We simply don’t know the extent on things or the timescale on things, people are questioning whether it could be something that happened while he was with us, if so, he left us over 10 years ago so could it really be something that has been hanging over him since then? I don’t know because his statement doesn’t explain enough to me. And if this has been hanging over him for 10 years or so, it could maybe explain his depression but without more information I’d say it’s not ideal to blame one thing or another without any evidence but maybe that’s just me?

I was lucky with my depression, I didn’t put anyone in harms way other than myself but not everyone who has depression for the same happenings in life.

29 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No it’s not 

But the Points been made , is that not sufficient ?

Hang on a minute, Diane Abbott hasn't put her two pennyworth in yet... I'm sure she'd have a comment or twelve to say, she usually has when the opportunity arises... 

Cone on Diane, over here, I'm sure you'll have something 'divisive' to say.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

The seriousness of having his family threatened by gangsters? It doesn’t explain enough as to why.

What about he made these mistakes before he suffered with depression & the subsequent consequences have helped cause his depression because of the fear of what could happen to his family?

We simply don’t know the extent on things or the timescale on things, people are questioning whether it could be something that happened while he was with us, if so, he left us over 10 years ago so could it really be something that has been hanging over him since then? I don’t know because his statement doesn’t explain enough to me. And if this has been hanging over him for 10 years or so, it could maybe explain his depression but without more information I’d say it’s not ideal to blame one thing or another without any evidence but maybe that’s just me?

I was lucky with my depression, I didn’t put anyone in harms way other than myself but not everyone who has depression for the same happenings in life.

Then if what he done was so bad that it caused depression through fear of his family and their safety then that’s inexcusable!

Anyone with a clear mind would not do that.

I’m glad you are dealing with the problems you have in the best way you can. My overarching point is there are some people such as yourself, people close to me, and some that unfortunately go the extra step where there is no turning back, who are genuine. Unfortunately there are also a lot of people who play this card to get out of difficulty rather than facing up to what they need to or look for sympathy.

33 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Then if what he done was so bad that it caused depression through fear of his family and their safety then that’s inexcusable!

Anyone with a clear mind would not do that.

I’m glad you are dealing with the problems you have in the best way you can. My overarching point is there are some people such as yourself, people close to me, and some that unfortunately go the extra step where there is no turning back, who are genuine. Unfortunately there are also a lot of people who play this card to get out of difficulty rather than facing up to what they need to or look for sympathy.

I understand that but I’d rather judge such people on all the evidence given before becoming judge & jury on a single statement.

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You are missing my point. Mental health has become ‘fashionable’.

Of course there are thousands of genuine cases where people are on the brink and need help, but this gets diluted by those who play this card as an easy way out. And as someone else has said, it’s very easy to go to the doctors for medication without real examinations or tests being done.

Working in a world of credit control you can quite often hear things like ‘if you keep chasing me I will kill myself’. You have to be careful as some people are on the edge but they get missed as so many people use it as an empty threat to get out of a difficult situation.

Mental health/depression has always existed, it’s nothing new. What is new is the amount of people that new use this as a get out of jail free card, therefore taking away the real issue from those suffering.

I imagine you know nothing about DCs situation, what he has or hasn’t done or the issues he has had to deal with therefore it’s hardlt fair to sit and accuse him of using it as an excuse.

id say DC has been very open about the issues he’s facing and this is just one public statement addressing what is likely to come out. You don’t know what he’s said or done in private and I’d be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he seems to be accepting responsibility for any wrong doing rather than shirking away from it - he’s not done a McIndoe style runner for starters

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Mental health aside, I don't care if you owe someone a billion quid, if you can't pay it back there should never be a threat of violence. 

Identified a couple of knuckle-draggers judging by the reactions.

Sadly some people can’t control or manage situations without violence

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

He played for us 2 years ago 

Archived