IGNORED

Bentley

Globe Trotter

What a fine goalkeeper we have. Much like a good referee I find myself not really noticing him which is a good sign and he has made some excellent saves.

Calm, good distribution and commands his area well - great start to his career here in my view and one of the main reasons we’ve been unbeaten since day 1. 

Let's be honest yesterday was probably his worse game so far... The goal mouth scramble that reading nearly scored from came from him coming for a ball he's NB ever going to get. 

Having said that made several good stops. A definitive upgrade in the GK department. 

11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Let's be honest yesterday was probably his worse game so far... The goal mouth scramble that reading nearly scored from came from him coming for a ball he's NB ever going to get. 

Having said that made several good stops. A definitive upgrade in the GK department. 

I think he'll be enjoying his clean sheet though

31 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If that's his worse game, we don't have much to worry about. He kept us in it

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There’s really no reason that Bentley can’t become our best ever goalkeeper. 

He’s got pretty much an all round game.

Fantastic signing. 

I completely agree. He looks like the best that I've seen since I've supported City. Early days but he looks to have put his Brentford woes of last season behind him. 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Spoons.....it’s not Frankie in goal, it’s okay, you’re allowed to like the new guy! ?????

I think Maenpaa looks much more assured with crosses into the box. Think it is pretty much impossible to look any better than Maenpaa did last season. I'd say maybe Bentley is better at rushing out. Both excellent shot stoppers. We have two very good goalies.

For years we have not even had one in our squad that compare to the two we have now. Bentley should hopefully keep improving too.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In Spoons keeper assessments 

Banks was dodgy

Seaman......hands of glass.....

and

Shilton............flaky......very flaky.....!!!

Coming from the voice of reason.....any opinion you don't like you PM them and offer them out. Haha . 

1 hour ago, Tammyjr said:

Best keeper in the championship,  my son said yesterday?? Think I agree on his performances since he arrived ???????

Probably Butland, even though he’s having a torrid start to this season. 

Bentley is most certainly up there with the best. 

Simple, good goalkeepers win you points bad keepers cost you then.

Bents has been outstanding and is getting better his quality with the ball at his feet is clear to see.  You can fully understand why we've been courting him for so long and paid a rumoured £4m which is turning out to be good business.

Long may it continue!

44 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

Simple, good goalkeepers win you points bad keepers cost you then.

Bents has been outstanding and is getting better his quality with the ball at his feet is clear to see.  You can fully understand why we've been courting him for so long and paid a rumoured £4m which is turning out to be good business.

Long may it continue!

There is a rumour the fee was as low as £2m!

7 minutes ago, Offside said:

Very impressed with him so far and he seems like a good leader. 

Yes, again, a little word yesterday in HNM’s ear after he made a mistake.  We do seem to have a few more leaders this year...

Bentley 

Williams (Saw Moore rollicking him yesterday for not getting out quick enough - good to see)

Rowe

Archived