IGNORED

Next three games

Iron Acton Red

36 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Just looking at our next three fixtures,Luton away,then Charlton and Wigan at home.

I know you cant take anything for granted and there are no easy games in this league but if we have serious ambitions about a top six finish we need to be picking up at least 7 points from these fixtures.

Not having a pop at you but we occasionally see these sort of threads (and when we have a run of ‘hard’ games). Almost invariably they never turn out as expected! 

6 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Charlton have had a decent start to the season. They won't be pushovers

And drew at , and we’re leading at Fulham yesterday , who I think will be top two

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not sure if 1 home league win this season makes them that much of a force. 

We’ve only won 2 !

:whistle2:

1 hour ago, FramptonRed said:

Just looking at our next three fixtures,Luton away,then Charlton and Wigan at home.

I know you cant take anything for granted and there are no easy games in this league but if we have serious ambitions about a top six finish we need to be picking up at least 7 points from these fixtures.

Not really a fan of these artificial “we must get X from these games” type posts. It rarely works like that in the Championship where everyone beats everyone. Swansea lost at home to Stoke yesterday but they will still have serious ambitions about a top six finish.

Five or six points from those games wouldn’t be a disaster. Frequently we’ve lost games we expect to win, and win games we expect to lose.

1 hour ago, FramptonRed said:

Games we need to be winning like every other.

I’d extend it to the next 4, including Barnsley. An easy a 4 game run as it gets at this level, 3 low teams and a mid table one at home. Johnson must surely be targeting 10 points before a tough run after that.

I don’t think the league this season is too crazy. The good teams are beating the bad ones and not too many shock results, Swansea v Stoke aside

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not really a fan of these artificial “we must get X from these games” type posts. It rarely works like that in the Championship where everyone beats everyone. Swansea lost at home to Stoke yesterday but they will still have serious ambitions about a top six finish.

Five or six points from those games wouldn’t be a disaster. Frequently we’ve lost games we expect to win, and win games we expect to lose.

From the next 3 games...

3pts - disappointing. 

4pts - ok

5pts - decent

6pts - good

7pts - excellent  

9pts- Amazing  

10pts - some wont be happy unless we manage this..! 

5 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Charlton have had a decent start to the season. They won't be pushovers

Good side Charlton, reminds me a little of how we play. No stand out players but play as a team and causes Fulham all sorts of problems yesterday 

Luton I fancy a win and Wigan also but Charlton will be a tough game

I really don't think Luton can cope with our work rate and counter attacking prowess. I'm really confident about that one.

Charlton are a strange one. I keep thinking their bubble is about to burst, then they put in another good performance. That's got draw written all over it (with us chasing the game, obvs).

Then Wigan. They have good players but not really cohesive. We could win that, but could be another draw.

Barnsley shouldn't be able to handle us.

So I'll predict 8 points from 4 games. Top 6 for another few weeks and 14 unbeaten.

Archived