IGNORED

Taylor Moore

SuperRed

Big slice of humble ? for me. I wrote him off based on his performances a few seasons ago as I didn’t think he’d be physical enough for centre back. He’s bulked up and his loans are a really good example of the system working. He might make the odd mistake like all young centre backs but it’s really good to see him showing what he’s capable of and continuing to develop each week. 

8 minutes ago, gordie said:

Excellent yesterday and seems to be improving in every game. Brings the ball out well and has got a bit of pace about him, be interesting to see what happens when/if everyone is fit to see who is selected.

the best thing that could have happened for him this season was end up alongside Ashley Williams. 

1 hour ago, SuperRed said:

Big slice of humble ? for me. I wrote him off based on his performances a few seasons ago as I didn’t think he’d be physical enough for centre back. He’s bulked up and his loans are a really good example of the system working. He might make the odd mistake like all young centre backs but it’s really good to see him showing what he’s capable of and continuing to develop each week. 

Fair enough, you recognise you were wrong but...

Honestly, what were you expecting from a 20 year old (his age when we signed him) - the finished product?

I really hope you aren't someone who has to hire and mentor younger employees in your 9-5.

I was excited at the potential when we signed him, but had written him off as one who wasn’t going to make the grade, above L1 level. 

His emergence this season has been fantastic and to be seriously regarded as the replacement for Adam Webster, is all the compliment that anyone needs to give him. 

Well done Taylor! 

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

the best thing that could have happened for him this season was playing first team football. The bonus was to end up alongside Ashley Williams. 

He's turned into a £10m player in just 2 months, because that's how much we would have spent had we had to buy in Webster's replacement.

Not in his best position on the left, as he is predominantly right footed.

But much improved yesterday, from his last time in that position against Leeds.

He seems to have toughened up a bit, both mentally and physically. As he would often get bullied off the ball in the past.

I can certainly see him getting a new contract soon. I know he got one at the start of the season for a couple of years; but am led to believe it was on reduced terms. I stand corrected if that isn't the case.

Anyhow, well done to Taylor for stepping into the breach.

Yesterday was the first time I actually came away thinking yes he really is top top quality. He has played very well in quite a few games. But I felt yesterday he went onto another level. And any thoughts he may be more comfortable in a 3, with a bit more protection looks wrong. He looks like he is more comfortable in a 2 and more comfortable left of that 2, even if he is right footed. Rather like Webster, John Terry and others. Not sure why but some right footers prefer bringing it out of defence on that left side.

He is so strong now. Really could develop into Kalas kind of physique, where simply nudging that big striker means they miss the target with their header. But he's also got a good leap on him. Decent pace too, and very tidy on the ball.

I guess we can't really compare him with Webster. It really would be amazing if he gets to that level though.

I love his desperation to succeed, to go out on loan and be poor at Cheltenham but go again. There's no way he gets as big and strong as he is now without serious hard work. To take a pay cut because he feels this is the place that will develop his game. A real classy guy that seems so mature for someone so young. 

I don't really look at who is captain now as important. How many leaders we have is what is important. And Taylor is certainly one of those.

Cracking post-match interview from the lad on RB last night too. He realises he is very lucky to be where he is (but made the point that he had worked his nuts off to get there) and seems very happy. He also said he`s taking the opportunity to get every bit of advice and nous that he can from Ashley Williams.

Seems a really level headed young man who I think will go far. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Cracking post-match interview from the lad on RB last night too. He realises he is very lucky to be where he is (but made the point that he had worked his nuts off to get there) and seems very happy. He also said he`s taking the opportunity to get every bit of advice and nous that he can from Ashley Williams.

Seems a really level headed young man who I think will go far. 

Quite so. It's always good to see the good guys succeed and Taylor is clearly one of those.

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Not in his best position on the left, as he is predominantly right footed.

But much improved yesterday, from his last time in that position against Leeds.

He seems to have toughened up a bit, both mentally and physically. As he would often get bullied off the ball in the past.

that has been the key for me.  Sat in section a4 in the LS there were two occasions within a few minutes of each other where he had to chase the striker down the channel.  On both occasions the striker had the advantage but Taylor was determined to make it his, using his pace and then his strength to get the challenge in.

I can certainly see him getting a new contract soon. I know he got one at the start of the season for a couple of years; but am led to believe it was on reduced terms. I stand corrected if that isn't the case.

the reduced terms contract was the one he signed in summer 2018.  You’d like to think the one he signed this summer (taking him to summer 2021) was a better deal for him and reflective of hard work put in.  But come January wouldn’t surprise me if they sat down and secured a new longer term deal.

Anyhow, well done to Taylor for stepping into the breach.

⬆️

Fair play to the OP for admitting it. We all get things wrong; I am going to end up with egg on my face regarding Bentley

What I don’t understand is how so many people write off 18/19/20 year olds so readily.  Always baffles me.

So many examples of players being so much better at 23 than they were at 19.  

Unfortunately I think Semenyo will get the same sort of dismissive comments that Taylor did.  

Remember seeing Taylor play centre back away to Yeovil in a friendly a couple of years ago. He didn’t play for long and it was easy to see what he needed to improve upon but when those areas are only physical you could see what a player he would become. 

3 hours ago, SuperRed said:

Centre backs, like all other players, will make mistakes at all stages of their career.

So far, so good for Taylor. Already seeming like money well invested.

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Fair play to the OP for admitting it. We all get things wrong; I am going to end up with egg on my face regarding Bentley

What I don’t understand is how so many people write off 18/19/20 year olds so readily.  Always baffles me.

So many examples of players being so much better at 23 than they were at 19.  

Unfortunately I think Semenyo will get the same sort of dismissive comments that Taylor did.  

Remember seeing Taylor play centre back away to Yeovil in a friendly a couple of years ago. He didn’t play for long and it was easy to see what he needed to improve upon but when those areas are only physical you could see what a player he would become. 

It’s funny.  I really liked the look of him when he first came here, but loan moves had been mixed, and the couple of times I saw him at Southend were not that good, and not what the Southend forum had been saying.  I thought he’d probably fallen behind Vyner.

It shows that player development is not linear.

The one thing in the back of my mind was that someone I know (close to City) said that City thought he’d be better with better players, so was always hopeful.  What he has done this season is progressed very quickly.  He’s not playing like a novice, he’s very much a part of “the team” now.  That might not always be starts when Kalas is back, but LJ now knows he has someone he can trust to play....in both a 4 and a 5.

I will blow my own trumpet as one of a small group who always had faith the kid would come through. My biggest fear was it would be somewhere else. 

The boy found form last season at Southend won there end of year awards and they were desperate to have him back. Even to the extent of buying him. Happily strangely injuries occurred and he has taken his chance. 

All that we need to replace Adam Webster bollox in here only a few short weeks ago has been shown to be exactly that. He’s even scored HNM can’t say that yet! (Love HNM by the way before I get hate responses)

Fingers crossed for Semenyo moving forward and Janneh possibly come the new year. 

We are not in bad shape right now are we??

The first thing I noticed when I saw TM play after returning from his loans was just how much he’d beefed up. I was genuinely surprised.

When he’d first gone out on loan he was not much bigger than a skinny lad  but came back as a fully grown man - some physical development that!

As others have said he’s become a very decent Championship standard CB and will undoubtedly benefit from having the vastly experienced Williams alongside him .

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fair enough, you recognise you were wrong but...

Honestly, what were you expecting from a 20 year old (his age when we signed him) - the finished product?

I really hope you aren't someone who has to hire and mentor younger employees in your 9-5.

I don’t think anyone was expecting the finished product...but the fact he had to take a pay cut to stay here suggests to me he never progressed as quickly as the club expected him to . 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yesterday was the first time I actually came away thinking yes he really is top top quality. He has played very well in quite a few games. But I felt yesterday he went onto another level. And any thoughts he may be more comfortable in a 3, with a bit more protection looks wrong. He looks like he is more comfortable in a 2 and more comfortable left of that 2, even if he is right footed. Rather like Webster, John Terry and others. Not sure why but some right footers prefer bringing it out of defence on that left side.

He is so strong now. Really could develop into Kalas kind of physique, where simply nudging that big striker means they miss the target with their header. But he's also got a good leap on him. Decent pace too, and very tidy on the ball.

I guess we can't really compare him with Webster. It really would be amazing if he gets to that level though.

I love his desperation to succeed, to go out on loan and be poor at Cheltenham but go again. There's no way he gets as big and strong as he is now without serious hard work. To take a pay cut because he feels this is the place that will develop his game. A real classy guy that seems so mature for someone so young. 

I don't really look at who is captain now as important. How many leaders we have is what is important. And Taylor is certainly one of those.

I think the fact that I wasn't the least concerned when I saw he was starting in a two says it all. He's gone from seeming miles off first team football (in the Championship) to being a reliable, steady selection. 

I, too, thought he'd never cut the mustard but fair play to him as his game has improved beyond all recognition this year, doubtless aided by playing with and against better players. Still things to work on but our most improved player by a mile.

He's done well since the Leeds game and is getting better. We do need to see if he can play alongside Kalas. One of them has to be able to play on the left side.

I'm happy he's taking his chance as it's really helped the club, if Webster hadn't been sold/we signed the replacement we wanted and Kalas/Baker injured he wouldn't have got it though! Sometimes players need that lucky break. And he worked hard so he was in a position to seize the opportunity.

Don't revise history here.

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I don’t think anyone was expecting the finished product...but the fact he had to take a pay cut to stay here suggests to me he never progressed as quickly as the club expected him to . 

Maybe there is still a degree of 'biggest kid in the year' about the club, those born in September/October tend to be the largest, by virtue of the fact they have been alive longer.

We signed a player who (by rights) should be coming out of our u23s.

He has now played a couple of full seasons of 'mens' football, come back - and offered to split the remaining 12 months of his contract over 24 months - how much confidence must the lad have!!!!!!

And he is now backing that up with double-solid Championship performances.

I really hope, when he signed for 2 more years, the club took proper care of him, as he looks comfortable at this level. AND HE IS ONLY 23!!!

Football. It's all a bit bonkers really.

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe there is still a degree of 'biggest kid in the year' about the club, those born in September/October tend to be the largest, by virtue of the fact they have been alive longer.

We signed a player who (by rights) should be coming out of our u23s.

He has now played a couple of full seasons of 'mens' football, come back - and offered to split the remaining 12 months of his contract over 24 months - how much confidence must the lad have!!!!!!

And he is now backing that up with double-solid Championship performances.

I really hope, when he signed for 2 more years, the club took proper care of him, as he looks comfortable at this level. AND HE IS ONLY 23!!!

Football. It's all a bit bonkers really.

22 last May.

Archived