IGNORED

Taylor Moore

SuperRed

17 hours ago, SuperRed said:

Big slice of humble ? for me. I wrote him off based on his performances a few seasons ago as I didn’t think he’d be physical enough for centre back. He’s bulked up and his loans are a really good example of the system working. He might make the odd mistake like all young centre backs but it’s really good to see him showing what he’s capable of and continuing to develop each week. 

I took my junior football team to the Hull game a few years ago that was quid-a-kid and I thought Taylor was absolutely brilliant. He had Abel Hernandez in his pocket the entire game.

I've been excited about the prospect of him playing CB for us since.

Glad to see him get his chance at last. 

To me when I read all the comments from Southend fans all season about how amazing he is, I was pretty confident he'd make it with us. Only 21 at the time, playing so well in a struggling league one team, it looked very promising. But it has surprised me how quickly he has adapted to the championship. 

It did look like the one main thing was putting on muscle. He's obviously done fantastically well to make the improvements he has. But also the coaching staff need to take some credit. They must have really helped Taylor bulk up.

2 summers ago, when Johnson said in preseason how impressed he was but then he picked up an injury and went to Southend. It was then that he had come back looking so much bigger, having had a poor season at Cheltenham. I imagine the club gave him a programme to do over that break to come back looking so much bigger.

I see Vyner now as being in that situation. He was by all accounts superb for Plymouth. Came on strong at the end of last season in his less favoured position of right back at Rotherham in the championship. I thought this summer he would impress.

But just looking at him, he looks far too skinny to be a centre back at this level. I'm hoping the club can help do to Vyner what they did for Moore, as there's a lot of potential there.

47 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

To me when I read all the comments from Southend fans all season about how amazing he is, I was pretty confident he'd make it with us. Only 21 at the time, playing so well in a struggling league one team, it looked very promising. But it has surprised me how quickly he has adapted to the championship. 

It did look like the one main thing was putting on muscle. He's obviously done fantastically well to make the improvements he has. But also the coaching staff need to take some credit. They must have really helped Taylor bulk up.

2 summers ago, when Johnson said in preseason how impressed he was but then he picked up an injury and went to Southend. It was then that he had come back looking so much bigger, having had a poor season at Cheltenham. I imagine the club gave him a programme to do over that break to come back looking so much bigger.

I see Vyner now as being in that situation. He was by all accounts superb for Plymouth. Came on strong at the end of last season in his less favoured position of right back at Rotherham in the championship. I thought this summer he would impress.

But just looking at him, he looks far too skinny to be a centre back at this level. I'm hoping the club can help do to Vyner what they did for Moore, as there's a lot of potential there.

Re the muscle, he must have seen Kalas in the changing room and thought, 'yeah I'd better hit the gym...'

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Re the muscle, he must have seen Kalas in the changing room and thought, 'yeah I'd better hit the gym...'

I thought that he looked bigger already at the start of last season, remember the videos of LJ coaching and praising him, just before he got injured? I remember thinking then that he looked like he had been in the gym all summer.

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fair enough, you recognise you were wrong but...

Honestly, what were you expecting from a 20 year old (his age when we signed him) - the finished product?

I really hope you aren't someone who has to hire and mentor younger employees in your 9-5.

I've said it before on similar topics; I really believe signing of young players for 7 figures BUT them not being first team regulars was a genuine culture shock to our fans.

10 years previously, we were buying Nicky Maynard for 2.5m and he was a regular first team player. Recently we've spent similar amounts on Engvall, Moore and Eliasson for them either to never play or take a few seasons to break into the first team.

Inflation in football increased massively in the last decade and I think it took people by surprise. This is why people judged players like Moore more harshly, in 2008 he'd have cost us 250k.

Just watching tour video's, mic'd up etc, it has always been clear that Johnson rates him very highly.  I thought he looked decent when he first joined, but wow what a player he is now.  Whether he has the stamina to play every game, both mentally and physically is a question mark, but he has certainly been player of the season for me so far.  

...and what back up to bring in, with Kalas, Williams, Moore and Baker fighting for the shirt, alongside erm... Wright.

2 hours ago, J-mat said:

I took my junior football team to the Hull game a few years ago that was quid-a-kid and I thought Taylor was absolutely brilliant. He had Abel Hernandez in his pocket the entire game.

I've been excited about the prospect of him playing CB for us since.

Glad to see him get his chance at last. 

That was the game for me that built all my hope.  Looked a first teamer that night, good in the tackle, good covering, good pace, good use of the ball.

20 minutes ago, mozo said:

They have developed a similar shape, very big torso....almost looks out of proportion.

On 07/10/2019 at 09:27, Davefevs said:

That was the game for me that built all my hope.  Looked a first teamer that night, good in the tackle, good covering, good pace, good use of the ball.

They have developed a similar shape, very big torso....almost looks out of proportion.

Yep, great to see Taylor developing the way he is. I had the same feeling about him after that Hull game. Looks a real leader as well.

12 minutes ago, ExiledRobin said:

Looks so comfortable on the ball, been the biggest positive of our season so far. Yes he will make mistakes but has a massive future....hopefully with us.

Thought he was good again tonight.  Thought Williams had a bit of an off night tonight, thought Bonne caused him a lot of probs. I liked the look of Bonne tonight.

6 hours ago, ExiledRobin said:

Looks so comfortable on the ball, been the biggest positive of our season so far. Yes he will make mistakes but has a massive future....hopefully with us.

It's still an underrated skill it seems with a lot of our fans - a ball playing central defender. I'd love to have him and Kalas at the back. Kalas is not really that great on the ball, but comfortable enough and more about pace and power to go on the odd run. But Moore gives us so much bringing it out. I hope we only go for these types of centre backs in the future.

The likes of Baker and Wright are weak in this area, and it's why I want upgrades on them. And Williams is ok on the ball, but really has very little mobility at his age. I think we need to keep evolving and hoping for more Moore's in the future. Vyner may one day be that player.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he was good again tonight.  Thought Williams had a bit of an off night tonight, thought Bonne caused him a lot of probs. I liked the look of Bonne tonight.

I thought Williams had an off game last night. But I do think this injury crises bringing him in has done brilliantly for Taylor Moore. Williams has done really well at nurturing Moore and this could of been a blessing in disguise for Moore’s development. Even though Williams was having an off game he was still talking throughout to Moore educating him. 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

It's still an underrated skill it seems with a lot of our fans - a ball playing central defender. I'd love to have him and Kalas at the back. Kalas is not really that great on the ball, but comfortable enough and more about pace and power to go on the odd run. But Moore gives us so much bringing it out. I hope we only go for these types of centre backs in the future.

The defender stepping up, running forward into space and committing men to deal with them makes such a difference. Don't even have to be good at it, but just doing it is a massive thing.

Do want to mention the horrible defending when the ball goes over Moores head for the Bonne chance at 1-0. He then brings the ball back out. Good and the bad of Moore in one clip.

17 minutes ago, Prinny said:

The defender stepping up, running forward into space and committing men to deal with them makes such a difference. Don't even have to be good at it, but just doing it is a massive thing.

Yep. And I think we need more that can do it. I wouldn't say Kalas is quite that type though he is capable of doing it to a decent enough standard. He is more a stopper who is comfortable enormous enough on the ball.

Webster was obviously another level to Moore because of his pace to get away from his man and run the length of the pitch with the ball. Still Moore is a fair bit younger so potential to keep improving. He is already very good.

I thought Kelly was outstanding at it the odd occasion he played centre back like away at Brentford. Pretty effortless for him. And Pisano in 2 times he played centre back was regularly going on runs from the centre back position. So much easier with the space there to dribble to the ball into. Even Hegeler briefly looked brilliant at it until we realised he couldn't defend!

I look at Pereira playing centre back against Reading second half and wonder whether he can be converted into that kind of centre back in the future. It's something we should always be aiming to have rather than slow stoppers who do a good enough job but don't like it at their feet.

12 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I thought Williams had an off game last night. But I do think this injury crises bringing him in has done brilliantly for Taylor Moore. Williams has done really well at nurturing Moore and this could of been a blessing in disguise for Moore’s development. Even though Williams was having an off game he was still talking throughout to Moore educating him. 

True....but I’ve also been impressed that Moore isn’t afraid to shout back the other way, e.g. “get up the pitch you old git” -Ok I’m paraphrasing!!

9 hours ago, Prinny said:

Do want to mention the horrible defending when the ball goes over Moores head for the Bonne chance at 1-0. He then brings the ball back out. Good and the bad of Moore in one clip.

One of those situation where the flight of the ball left him with a massive decision.  Let it bounce and he’s in trouble, try and control it and get it slightly wrong, he’s in trouble...which was what happened, but he didn’t give up and at least put a bit of pressure on the striker as he shot.

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Thought Moore and William's look solid together. Just think pre season and we were trying to decide between Webster, kalas, Baker, and Bailey Wright, for our best pairing.  It's a funny old game.

It certainly is....and does this confirm that Moore is ahead of Baker?  If so, it’s incredible development and application from Moore.

10 hours ago, Prinny said:

You're right mon ami, it was pretty lucky...

Archived