IGNORED

Advertising hoardings - again! Too Bright!!

cidered abroad

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Last Friday at rugby, there were many complaints about the excessive brightness of the pitch side advertising boards.

They have a long thread on their forum.

What is the contact name for the new City SLO?

We have get this attended to before we all get blinded at evening games.

I have often wondered whether the players notice this, or whether they are set at angle that doesn't distract them. If there was a mostly red advert for example, would it make it more difficult to pick out a player in a red shirt?

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Last Friday at rugby, there were many complaints about the excessive brightness of the pitch side advertising boards.

Ryan Corrigan.

I find the advertising during the match really irritating - why can't they just put in on before the match and at half time.

The adverts that involve moving cats, cars etc are particularly distracting especially if you sit fairly low down as the players and ball are directly in line with your vision.

• Admin
38 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The rugby club tweeted that they were aware of the problems and would rectify it for the next games

I replied asking were they set to a different brightness to football, and if not would we see a reduction too

18 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It's been that way since they were installed, with them glaring at you and the lights remaining on in the stands it completely ruins the evening atmosphere.

They haven't been that way since they've been installed. Remember it happened maybe once or twice in the last couple of seasons when it looked like the computer that runs the software crashed and rebooted. It was this that affected the brightness and contrast which was glaringly obvious (excuse the pun) and very off putting 

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

I find the advertising during the match really irritating - why can't they just put in on before the match and at half time.

The adverts that involve moving cats, cars etc are particularly distracting especially if you sit fairly low down as the players and ball are directly in line with your vision.

They would get less money if they only put it on before the game and at half time 

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

As someone who works in marketing, why would my client want to be on it before the match and half time when there are less supporters in the stand? Vs 24,000 during.

20 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I would bet good money that nobody has ever bought anything, just because its flashing away at a football match.

You may well be right but advertisers rely on the subliminal effect of their images. You or I may purchase an item that we’d subliminally seen at AG or indeed on TV without being conscious of it.

Like most of us I haven’t a clue what images I’ve seen on the electronic boards.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I would bet good money that nobody has ever bought anything, just because its flashing away at a football match.

I would love to be made CEO of Coca Cola or a similar huge indestructible brand and put in place a 12 month ban on advertising. The drink is so well known I don’t think it would lose many sales at all and saving hundreds of millions on marketing would increase profit.

I might be wrong but it would an interestingly if risky exercise 

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

When they first came in we had this problem, but after a few matches they did reduce the brightness for night games. Hopefully we haven't gone backwards! 

This was covered in a massive thread at the beginning of last season.

i think Matt Parsons got involved - but what I do know is in the thread it was mentioned the brightness was reduced to 45% (I seem to remember that was the case), and that pretty much did the job.

it came to light (pardon the pun) after the Plymouth League cup game, as there seemed to be a lot of ‘white’ adverts which were much to bright.

Hopefully it is a one off and the club will be aware of the impact to fans sat in the Lansdown South especially, as we (that’s where I sit), often found it really hard to make out any players in front of the Dolman.

When watching on TV, for which these are really in place, there is no need for the stark brightness, so, as proved last season, the % can be turned down appropriately.

Hopefully someone from the club can confirm this will be reviewed.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If, like me you have no recollection of what images you’ve seen on the electronic board how can that be ‘brand awareness?’

It can only be subliminal

That's not the definition nor how it supposedly works

"not recognized or understood by the conscious mind, but still having an influence on it"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/subliminal

As you were.

3 minutes ago, Rinkadink said:

That's not the definition nor how it supposedly works

"not recognized or understood by the conscious mind, but still having an influence on it"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/subliminal

As you were.

Most of us know what ‘subliminal’ means.

Read #17 on this thread again..............:cool2:

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If, like me you have no recollection of what images you’ve seen on the electronic board how can that be ‘brand awareness?’

It can only be subliminal.

Example. Go Compare. Goes on the boards & you see it, it stays top of mind. When you go for a insurance you’ll be more likely to pick Go Compare as you’ve seen the brand name recently. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Example. Go Compare. Goes on the boards & you see it, it stays top of mind. When you go for a insurance you’ll be more likely to pick Go Compare as you’ve seen the brand name recently. 

Exactly.  The following videos are subliminal messaging.  The clueless guy speaks again.

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Or.......you’ve seen that dreadful advert with the fat bloke in a tuxedo bellowing out that awful tune.....negative reactions to adverts have the impact as adverts you react well to.

Archived