IGNORED

Advertising hoardings - again! Too Bright!!

cidered abroad

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Or.......you’ve seen that dreadful advert with the fat bloke in a tuxedo bellowing out that awful tune.....negative reactions to adverts have the impact as adverts you react well to.

Negative reactions do not have the same reactions as good ones.

"Any news is good news" hasn't been a thing for years. Consumers are becoming more brand conscious everyday, especially with the current 'cancel culture', corporations are more concerned with their image than ever before.

You literally couldn't be any more wrong on anything you've said, classic. 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

One of our stands is partially named after a local skip hire company , and has been for a while. If you needed a skip tomorrow, would you even be able to recall the name of the company ? And the vast majority of people would phone around and get the cheapest available, as they do with tyres, exhausts etc

Bateman Skip Hire

but only cos I went to school with Bateman! 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

You may well be right but advertisers rely on the subliminal effect of their images. You or I may purchase an item that we’d subliminally seen at AG or indeed on TV without being conscious of it.

Like most of us I haven’t a clue what images I’ve seen on the electronic boards.

Subliminal advertising is banned and is basically NOT allowed....as another poster stated it's all about gradually brand awareness, just like the logos on players shirts, no-one reacts to it immediatley, but it gradually permeates into the soul  ??

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

I would love to be made CEO of Coca Cola or a similar huge indestructible brand and put in place a 12 month ban on advertising. The drink is so well known I don’t think it would lose many sales at all and saving hundreds of millions on marketing would increase profit.

I might be wrong but it would an interestingly if risky exercise 

And that is the first reason why you are not the CEO of Coca-Cola! ?

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

I would love to be made CEO of Coca Cola or a similar huge indestructible brand and put in place a 12 month ban on advertising. The drink is so well known I don’t think it would lose many sales at all and saving hundreds of millions on marketing would increase profit.

I might be wrong but it would an interestingly if risky exercise 

1 hour ago, RightUpInCider said:

And that is the first reason why you are not the CEO of Coca-Cola! ?

I remember the comedian Rich Hall talking about this three or four years ago, He mentioned a newspaper article that said that Pepsi had decided there was no value in spending their money on trying to make themselves the number 1 brand, when they made more than enough money being one of the top two. He then said that, at that time, they spent a $1b between them on trying to get the number one spot. Being a bourbon drinker myself I remember the next bit really well.

RH "So does this billion dollars work? Let's see. I go into a bar and say I'll have a Jack and coke please. The barman says, sorry sir we only have pepsi. I say, whatever! $1b for whatever!" 

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

It's been that way since they were installed, with them glaring at you and the lights remaining on in the stands it completely ruins the evening atmosphere.

Completely agree.

At the top of the South Stand where I am the lights are right in your face, it's ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is they are on for games during the day too! 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember the comedian Rich Hall talking about this three or four years ago, He mentioned a newspaper article that said that Pepsi had decided there was no value in spending their money on trying to make themselves the number 1 brand, when they made more than enough money being one of the top two. He then said that, at that time, they spent a $1b between them on trying to get the number one spot. Being a bourbon drinker myself I remember the next bit really well.

RH "So does this billion dollars work? Let's see. I go into a bar and say I'll have a Jack and coke please. The barman says, sorry sir we only have pepsi. I say, whatever! $1b for whatever!" 

Damn! Thought I had an original thought for once! I didn’t steal it...honest

At least if they cut it they know base levels of their brand. Costa coffee gave away all their coffee for free today from every outlet.  Not enough to make me drink their crap excuse for a drink though. Pay me a fiver Costa and I will drink that crap!

Last season this was a hot topic and yesterday it raised its ugly head again ....

From the Lansdown Lower looking across to the far side of the pitch the brightness of the Advertising hoardings seem again to have been turned up to an unacceptable level.  When ‘white’, ‘orange’ and even ‘red’ colours are shown, mainly as a background colour, it made it very difficult to make out the players when they were playing in front of the Dolman.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TURN DOWN THE BRIGHTNESS.

Considering we are paying probably the most for our season tickets we are now receiving a POOR match day experience when the games are being played in lower light, and soon to be many evening matches.

Last season I believe I can remember it was raised with the club and it was mentioned the brightness would be turned down to 45% (I think), and I also offered to invite any Media staff to come and sit with me during an evening game to experience the issue - hopefully we can get this resolved before the Charlton home game on the 23rd.

I would expect that any other supporter looking across to any of the three sides in front of the Atyeo, Dolman or South Stands would have the same frustrations - especially if they sit in the front 18 rows (I am in Row 15 of W15).

Lets get this sorted once and for all ......

8 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Last season this was a hot topic and yesterday it raised its ugly head again ....

From the Lansdown Lower looking across to the far side of the pitch the brightness of the Advertising hoardings seem again to have been turned up to an unacceptable level.  When ‘white’, ‘orange’ and even ‘red’ colours are shown, mainly as a background colour, it made it very difficult to make out the players when they were playing in front of the Dolman.

Considering we are paying probably the most for our season tickets we are now receiving a POOR match day experience when the games are being played in lower light, and soon to be many evening matches.

Last season I believe I can remember it was raised with the club and it was mentioned the brightness would be turned down to 45% (I think), and I also offered to invite any Media staff to come and sit with me during an evening game to experience the issue - hopefully we can get this resolved before the Charlton home game on the 23rd.

I would expect that any other supporter looking across to any of the three sides in front of the Atyeo, Dolman or South Stands would have the same frustrations - especially if they sit in the front 18 rows (I am in Row 15 of W15).

No point hoping someone from the club will read the problem on here, they aren’t allowed to play with us ruffy’uns.

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

I noticed it too. They were really bright mid way through the second half for a while then they seemed to go off (or I just stopped noticing). Must be off putting for the players unless they are tilted downwards.

Well Elliasson managed to pass to one of the subs wearing a fluorescent yellow bib warming up , without a City player within 29 yd’s !

?

I also noted they were causing difficulties in watching the game. Perhaps it was a factor when the clouds came over and the ambient lighting dropped in the middle of the game (making the boards seem brighter), but maybe there is a way to adjust the levels in play? Did the rugger Bears have a similar issue recently?

2 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Completely agree, it really affects the enjoyment of the game and your vision.

Unacceptable as the club know all about this issue and appear to be ignoring the fan’s feedback again.

Too bright from the SS yesterday. I did wonder whether there was a H & S issue here with the bright light liable to induce migraine or epileptic symptoms from either the players or spectators. Lee cannot be happy it must have an effect on the concentration levels of the players.

Archived