IGNORED

PA system - again!

Robbored

It’s an old chestnut I know but it shouldn’t be. Yesterday it was even more muffled than in recent games. 

After bowls earlier today I chatting to chap who sits in the SS and said mentioned the medical alert when the guy collapsed and an announcement was made but this chap said he couldn’t make out what was being said - surely that’s a serious worry? 

The last I heard about the PA system was when MKelly spoke at Senior Reds and said the club had received two quotes to sort out the system. One was considerably bigger than the other and the club were looking into what the bigger quote was offering.That was last season.............:cool2:

After the revamp we have a state of the art stadium described by Colin Murray as ‘one of the best in the Championship’ but clearly Colin wasn’t  exposed the absolute crap PA system....

It continues to be an absolute disgrace that the PA system remains unfit for purpose yet the club have done bugger all to rectify it.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s an old chestnut I know but it shouldn’t be. Yesterday it was even more muffled than in recent games. 

After bowls earlier today I chatting to chap who sits in the SS and said mentioned the medical alert when the guy collapsed and an announcement was made but this chap said he couldn’t make out what was being said - surely that’s a serious worry? 

The last I heard about the PA system was when MKelly spoke at Senior Reds and said the club had received two quotes to sort out the system. One was considerably bigger than the other and the club were looking into what the bigger quote was offering.That was last season.............:cool2:

After the revamp we have a state of the art stadium described by Colin Murray as ‘one of the best in the Championship’ but clearly Colin wasn’t  exposed the absolute crap PA system....

It continues to be an absolute disgrace that the PA system remains unfit for purpose yet the club have done bugger all to rectify it.

‘An absolute disgrace’....

Get a grip you wet flannel 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For ****'s sake get your ears cleaned out and stop boring us with this.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

With you all the way on this.

The announcement when the supporter was taken ill after the game caused even more confusion as people could hear something, but no one knew what it was. 

Might have been turn back, might have been wait 5 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

With you all the way on this.

The announcement when the supporter was taken ill after the game caused even more confusion as people could hear something, but no one knew what it was. 

Might have been turn back, might have been wait 5 minutes.

Totally agree. I couldn't make out a word of what he was saying. It is a real issue with this sort of emergency. This is one for the SLO. I am sure he will be on here soon?

23 minutes ago, T R said:

Totally agree. I couldn't make out a word of what he was saying. It is a real issue with this sort of emergency. This is one for the SLO. I am sure he will be on here soon?

I tried the previous  SLO - waste of time! 

57 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

‘An absolute disgrace’....

Get a grip you wet flannel 

Wtf are you on about Andy?

The medical alert yesterday raised the inadequacy of the PA system, leaving fans with no idea how to react......to me that’s a very  serious matter but you just carry on taking the piss.

Always used to be loud and clear in the 70's when the regular announcements were car registration numbers being read out and would the owner please move the vehicle as soon as possible. Or would so and so ring home . How on earth have we got to such an abysmal state of affairs re stadium announcements in todays digital age.

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Always used to be loud and clear in the 70's when the regular announcements were car registration numbers being read out and would the owner please move the vehicle as soon as possible. Or would so and so ring home . How on earth have we got to such an abysmal state of affairs re stadium announcements in todays digital age.

I remember but since the revamp it’s been diabolically poor. Must 3 or 4 seasons now - what really pisses me off the inertia from the club. I get the impression that they couldn’t give a toss about the PA system.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I remember but since the revamp it’s been diabolically poor. Must 3 or 4 seasons now - what really pisses me off the inertia from the club. I get the impression that they couldn’t give a toss about the PA system.

They probably don’t give a toss, if it passes whatever safety requirements it needs to for licences I doubt they do. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I can always hear what's being said when I'm in my seat in the South Stand, but that might be I'm in a 'prime' position. Whether it's a benefit to hear Downsy or not is for another thread.

But, after the match I was under the Dolman waiting for friends, and I definitely heard some kind of garbled tannoy. No chance of making it out though. So, I have to agree that is a safety concern. Maybe one for the SAG. Might take their minds off standing now there is a genuine concern to look into.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Don’t bother replying if you have bugger all to contribute to this potentially serious matter Nibor..........:disapointed2se:

If only you practised what you are now preaching.  The fault here is with your expectations and/or your ears.  Stop boring everyone.

12 minutes ago, Desso said:

Your won't mind if you miss an important announcement affecting you or your family then.

My ears work fine at the moment.  Besides, a while back they invented these things called phones.  Rumour is you can use them to receive messages.

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

If only you practised what you are now preaching.  The fault here is with your expectations and/or your ears.  Stop boring everyone.

My ears work fine at the moment.  Besides, a while back they invented these things called phones.  Rumour is you can use them to receive messages.

Not everyone has a phone, especially older people, but never mind, as long as you are OK.

I normally am ok with the bore off response to the PA getting raised time and again as I don’t care about hearing it.

BUT safety should be number 1 priority and if people are being given an instruction in an emergency situation it needs to be clearly heard and yesterday it wasn’t so PA replacement/improvement should now be the top priority of the club during the international break whatever the cost.

15 minutes ago, Nibor said:

His expectations being, 'to hear announcements that may relate to crowd safety, but no bugger knows, because we can't hear them'.

You're right . How selfish.

It's a perfectly valid complaint that has been made numerous times over what is now, a number of years, and the situation hasn't improved.

It isn't the fault of the club, it's a stadium issue, one the club seem reluctant to explain or remediate.

Why, who knows.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

100% with you, unfortunately I think people are attacking your reputation, rather than reading your post. It is an annoyance in normal circumstances, but yesterday highlighted the potential severity of it. There are so many potential reasons it has to be clear, yesterday being one, a child going missing, suspicious package, the list goes on. In the scheme of things, I really cannot see this as an expensive fix. Get it sorted City! COYR 

1 hour ago, T R said:

This is one for the SLO. I am sure he will be on here soon?

11 weeks or so he hasn't been, but who's counting!

His Twitter is @BristolCitySLO 

His email is slo@bcfc.co.uk

His name is Ryan Corrigan.

Fully agree with your point though, it has potential to be a serious safety risk. HOWEVER in eg the event of a fire, there would be plenty of evacuation routes.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

11 weeks or so he hasn't been, but who's counting!

His Twitter is @BristolCitySLO 

His email is slo@bcfc.co.uk

His name is Ryan Corrigan.

I spoke with the previous SLO Matt thingy........absolute waste of time. Can’t see that approaching the new one will make the slightest difference.

The club couldn’t give a toss.

Archived