IGNORED

PA system - again!

Robbored

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

11 weeks or so he hasn't been, but who's counting!

Club says mind the gap and counting

His Twitter is @BristolCitySLO 

His email is slo@bcfc.co.uk

If only I thought of that when the medical announcement was being made when I couldn't hear it

His name is Ryan Corrigan.

Thanks

Fully agree with your point though, it has potential to be a serious safety risk. HOWEVER in eg the event of a fire, there would be plenty of evacuation routes.

I did notice thousands of people going out of the exit that the first aiders were using to get to the ambulance. Which caused some confusion. I realised this and went onto the next exit further along. In the event of a fire emergency I'd go onto the pitch as I wouldn't trust the PA system to guide me as we cannot hear it.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Always used to be loud and clear in the 70's when the regular announcements were car registration numbers being read out and would the owner please move the vehicle as soon as possible. Or would so and so ring home . How on earth have we got to such an abysmal state of affairs re stadium announcements in todays digital age.

I used to giggle at the more recent-ish ones that said something like “Can Andy please meet Dave at turnstile 33 as you have his ticket.” Then ten minutes later it would be repeated as Andy had no intention of dragging himself away from a riveting 0-0 with Port Vale to help Dave out ...

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wtf are you on about Andy?

The medical alert yesterday raised the inadequacy of the PA system, leaving fans with no idea how to react......to me that’s a very  serious matter but you just carry on taking the piss.

Agreed. For all the stick you get on here RR (most justified tbh) this is not one of them. The PA system needs to be sorted and quickly. 

How so? The PA system has been bad since the stadium was redeveloped. Whether relegated or promoted, its been an issue. This issue was furthermore highlighted when there was in fact a medical emergency yet people had no clue what information was being given due to the PA. This ISN'T a case of people moaning for the sake of it. 

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I see the moaners are somewhat struggling to find anything on the field to whinge about so have resorted to whinging about the advertising boards and the P.A system :facepalm:

So......according to you those of us that raise complaints about the PA system or the advertising boards are ‘moaners’.......:cool2:

I take it then that you’re very happy with muffled PA system - that been inadequate since the revamp and with the over bright advertising boards....

I assume that you do actually go to AG?................:dunno:

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So......according to you those of us that raise complaints about the PA system or the advertising boards are ‘moaners’.......:cool2:

I take it then that you’re very happy with muffled PA system - that been inadequate since the revamp and with the over bright advertising boards....

I assume that you do actually go to AG?................:dunno:

Never had a problem with either of them tbh, barely notice the Electronic boards are even there, and as for the PA system I do wish it was muffled especially whenever Downsy opens his mouth.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s an old chestnut I know but it shouldn’t be. Yesterday it was even more muffled than in recent games. 

After bowls earlier today I chatting to chap who sits in the SS and said mentioned the medical alert when the guy collapsed and an announcement was made but this chap said he couldn’t make out what was being said - surely that’s a serious worry? 

The last I heard about the PA system was when MKelly spoke at Senior Reds and said the club had received two quotes to sort out the system. One was considerably bigger than the other and the club were looking into what the bigger quote was offering.That was last season.............:cool2:

After the revamp we have a state of the art stadium described by Colin Murray as ‘one of the best in the Championship’ but clearly Colin wasn’t  exposed the absolute crap PA system....

It continues to be an absolute disgrace that the PA system remains unfit for purpose yet the club have done bugger all to rectify it.

Sorry but I heard the medical alert is the SS,  and i heard it fine . 

Archived