IGNORED

MLB Playoffs 2019

BS5_RED

There's normally a few waifs and strays on here who have an interest. Anyone watching this year?

Strongest sides look to be in the AL with, baring a big turnaround, things look set for a cracker showdown between the Evil Empire and Houston in the ALCS, with the winner being World Series favs..

NL looks trickier to predict. My mob - the Cardinals have a sniff against a good Braves side, but I'd still put us as underdogs. Washington have a chance against a quality Dodgers team - but its Washington - so they'll probably balls it up.

Any thoughts?

59 minutes ago, BS5_RED said:

There's normally a few waifs and strays on here who have an interest. Anyone watching this year?

Strongest sides look to be in the AL with, baring a big turnaround, things look set for a cracker showdown between the Evil Empire and Houston in the ALCS, with the winner being World Series favs..

NL looks trickier to predict. My mob - the Cardinals have a sniff against a good Braves side, but I'd still put us as underdogs. Washington have a chance against a quality Dodgers team - but its Washington - so they'll probably balls it up.

Any thoughts?

Always been a massive Astros fan; from the time i lived in Houston as a child. Used to go down to the Astrodome all the time; it was massive and a pitcher's paradise.

Despite having no logical reason to dislike the Yanks - I'm also in the ABY camp.

Yeah Houston looking like a beast of a side - they'll need that pitching to get through the ALCS tho.

Can't see the NL sides having a sniff this year!

On 08/10/2019 at 13:00, TMWANG50 said:

Cubs fan so anyone but the Cards but they are hanging around like a bad smell.

And we're not going away any time soon.

A Tensky in the first inning, three pitchers sent packing in the first three innings and Jack Flaherty imperious on the mound.

And the Dodgers choked in the tenth as well ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

On 06/10/2019 at 20:43, ncnsbcfc said:

Always been a massive Astros fan; from the time i lived in Houston as a child. Used to go down to the Astrodome all the time; it was massive and a pitcher's paradise.

Moving to the AL has done you guys a ton of good. Best of luck tonight and against the Y*nks.

On 10/10/2019 at 21:08, sephjnr said:

And we're not going away any time soon.

A Tensky in the first inning, three pitchers sent packing in the first three innings and Jack Flaherty imperious on the mound.

And the Dodgers choked in the tenth as well ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

We overachieved since the all star break and it finally showed against an excellent Nats side. Lots of hope for next year tho.

On 07/10/2019 at 06:13, ncnsbcfc said:

Gotta be massive favs to win it all now. What a side. Nats have great starting pitching which gives them a sniff but gonna be tough for them.

4 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

Going to be a great world series without the dirty birds and the yanks ?

In a way, I am disappointed that the Yankees didn't make it, as that would have given me a team to get 100% behind.

On the other hand... :rofl2br::dancing6::laugh::clapping::chant6ez::laughcont::bounce::dance::yahoo::banana:

That being said, I will be supporting the Nats for the simple reason that I had an excellent career with them on MLB The Show after they took a chance on me and traded for me from the Royals :P

Absolutely chuffed about last night. Couldn’t sleep a wink. Despite Max only going 5, which I thought would be a definite cause for us to lose! 

Desperately need Stras to go 7 tonight at least to give the only reliable arms in the bullpen a lighter workload before the travel day. Astros are so tough though. 

16 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Nats looking strong so far

I was absolutely bricking the last 3 innings. Rainey got so scared after Springer took him deep he just couldn't bring himself to throw a strike. Then it all went weird. Robles throwing the wrong base allowing a runner to move up to 2nd followed by Springer's opposite field shot that Eaton couldn't snag that he only got a double out of when it should have been a triple because he was watching it instead of running. Still, it went our way. Need a bit more from Kendrick and Rendon tonight as it's unrealistic to expect Soto to be able to carry the offence all series.

I was reading about this. It seems like ridiculous hubris (and of course they lost game 3 last night (damn it all)) but basically the in house crew just have to do what MLB tell them during the post season.

Bearing in mind everything that Manfred has had to deal with over the last few days I reckon he'd prefer the stage to come together than fall apart!

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

And it's 2-2. Might as well just give Houston the trophy now.

Nats bats gone completely to sleep. Was a hard watch last night. Game 3 we looked as good as Houston, just couldn't drive the runners in. Not the case last night. We looked exactly like we were portrayed in the media before the series.

Archived