IGNORED

Pedro Pereira

Davefevs

Or Pedro Miguel Almeida Lopes Pereira to give him his full name.

What did people think of him yesterday?  Seems to have gone under the radar due to the likes of Moore and Massengo.

I thought he had a very solid full home debut (3rd start).  Didn’t get forward as much as Hunt, but very steady in possession and lots of challenges won both aerially and on the deck.  And he’s quick, recovers well, don’t really remember anyone go past him either.  Slotted in at RCB seamlessly when we went to a back 5 for last 20.

Of his 49 passes, 9 were inside to Brownhill (all successful)....showing he gets his head up and doesn’t just clip the line.

I think his hairline makes us forget he’s only 21 (22 in January), and no nervy “skillspots” like on his debut either.  Confident display.  Can only see him getting better and better.

B0A7D40E-4065-4015-B0F0-114CA06BC9A7.thumb.jpeg.461c11a90930d95d05beed78809f2668.jpeg

The green icons are good, blue arrows successful passes.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What did people think of him yesterday?  Seems to have gone under the radar due to the likes of Moore and Massengo.

I thought he had a very solid full home debut (3rd start).  Didn’t get forward as much as Hunt, but very steady in possession and lots of challenges won both aerially and on the deck.  And he’s quick, recovers well, don’t really remember anyone go past him either.  Slotted in at RCB seamlessly when we went to a back 5 for last 20.

Of his 49 passes, 9 were inside to Brownhill (all successful)....showing he gets his head up and doesn’t just clip the line.

I think his hairline makes us forget he’s only 21 (22 in January), and no nervy “skillspots” like on his debut either.  Confident display.  Can only see him getting better and better.

B0A7D40E-4065-4015-B0F0-114CA06BC9A7.thumb.jpeg.461c11a90930d95d05beed78809f2668.jpeg

absolute quality, like him 100 times better than Hunt

Played very well. Fairly strong but will clearly be a lot stronger in a few years. Good pace, nice touch. Didn't really lose it or do anything silly. Will be really good competition between him and Hunt. I expect eventually Pereira is our first choice if we get him permanently, that may happen as fee is agreed I think.

Surprised when he went to centre back, but looked comfortable. Is that an option as well in the future I wonder? Ball playing centre back.

Thought about starting a thread on him myself, so I’m glad it’s been raised. Thought he was very good yesterday & every time I’ve seen him, even though it’s only been short glimpses. He has a tenacity about him & good on the ball. Everything you want in a full back imo. To think he has not had a proper pre season & is in a new league in a new country & yet shows a lot of promise imo. Very good in one on one situations, always on his toes & looking sharp. Thought he got forward well first half, but didn’t have the opportunity second due to the flow of the game & the tweaks they made at half time. Think we have two very good right backs battling for a position currently. But from what I’ve seen, Pedro once fully fit could be difficult to dislodge. Great signing & hope ( fairly sure we have?) we have a fee agreed? COYR 

Thought before the game if I was Jose Gomes I would be putting pressure on our right hand side on the basis Eliasson is not known for his defending and he and Pereira had not played together before. Despite that he was very solid and even in the second half when Reading changed formation he was defensively very good. Didn’t have that much opportunity to get forward but didn’t notice Hunt wasn’t playing which is a compliment in itself. Feels like we have good competition for RB and unlike Bailey Wright isn’t a square peg.

We do have an option to buy.

Allegedly (from @Olé I think) Genoa were asked by Benfica to pay €4.5m in the summer to take him permanently, but declined, so that figure is too high.  Perhaps somewhere around the €3m mark....guesswork on my part.  Now a Portugese u21 International, so well thought of.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Allegedly (from @Olé I think) Genoa were asked by Benfica to pay €4.5m in the summer to take him permanently, but declined, so that figure is too high.  Perhaps somewhere around the €3m mark....guesswork on my part.  Now a Portugese u21 International, so well thought of.

Absolute bargain.

The best aspect is I think we've now got Hunt to use in the 352, whereas perhaps Pedro is better suited to the 442...yet either are capable of covering the other role. Surely the ideal situation of having two players in the same position.

Same, same...but different.

Don’t know if anyone else noticed but when we were under the cosh second half, with Reading getting a lot of joy down our right, Hunt was warming up nearby. He grabbed him while their was a break in play to give him some advice which was nice to see. 

RB has been a problem for ages IMO, now we have 2 very good players in that position.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Played very well. Fairly strong but will clearly be a lot stronger in a few years. Good pace, nice touch. Didn't really lose it or do anything silly. Will be really good competition between him and Hunt. I expect eventually Pereira is our first choice if we get him permanently, that may happen as fee is agreed I think.

Surprised when he went to centre back, but looked comfortable. Is that an option as well in the future I wonder? Ball playing centre back.

I think when we signed him LJ said he was comfortable on the right of a 3. One thing that does need to develop though is his partnership with Eliasson if we`re going to play that way - that will come in time though I`m sure.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think when we signed him LJ said he was comfortable on the right of a 3. One thing that does need to develop though is his partnership with Eliasson if we`re going to play that way - that will come in time though I`m sure.

With Eliasson cutting back in everytime he receives the ball it should mean that Periera has plenty of opportunity to overlap.

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

With Eliasson cutting back in everytime he receives the ball it should mean that Periera has plenty of opportunity to overlap.

He will I`m sure, he just needs the confidence to do it. You can understand him being a little reluctant yesterday what with it being his home debut and not wanting to make any mistakes.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hes great specially defending.

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Would’ve liked to have seen him overlap Eliasson more. Once their fullback cottoned onto Eliasson wanting to use his left foot I felt he was getting the better of NE. 

I don't think their FB did cotton onto NE going left all the time, simply because a couple of times NE went right! Their FB looked fairly bamboozled.  What they did do was double up on NE.

36 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Thought before the game if I was Jose Gomes I would be putting pressure on our right hand side on the basis Eliasson is not known for his defending and he and Pereira had not played together before. Despite that he was very solid and even in the second half when Reading changed formation he was defensively very good. Didn’t have that much opportunity to get forward but didn’t notice Hunt wasn’t playing which is a compliment in itself. Feels like we have good competition for RB and unlike Bailey Wright isn’t a square peg.

Maybe not played together, but at least they could talk to each other in Portuguese.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t there a spell in the first half where he went left back and Rowe went right back ? Or am I dreaming that !

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was 4m Euros, and weirdly according to the Portuguese press, our pre-agreed option to buy for us is higher (!) at 6m Euros.

Archived