IGNORED

Tonight's Televised Football (Merged)

Unan

We really need some top international level centre midfielders to come through. Ones who can control a game. I watched an interview with Roy Keane recently and he was criticising midfielders these days for saying they play as a 10 or they sit in front the back 4 when in the past you had to be good enough to do it all. 

8 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

We really need some top international level centre midfielders to come through. Ones who can control a game. I watched an interview with Roy Keane recently and he was criticising midfielders these days for saying they play as a 10 or they sit in front the back 4 when in the past you had to be good enough to do it all. 

Phil Foden looks the real deal.

being at city isn’t helping him

Two ways of looking at this team selection :-

a) most of them aren't up to it

b) I'd rather Southgate blood some of these players now rather than, (as in the old days of the FA), he waits until a month before the championships then realises that most of the  players are past it but at this late stage has no options.

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

Two ways of looking at this team selection :-

a) most of them aren't up to it

b) I'd rather Southgate blood some of these players now rather than, (as in the old days of the FA), he waits until a month before the championships then realises that most of the  players are past it but at this late stage has no options.

I’d go with a. It’s only Mount and Sancho you can class as being “blooded”. He should be playing TAA, Gomez / Tomori, Maguire, Chillwell in every game they are fit leading in to the the next tournament. Rose and Trippier have had their chance and Keane is clearly not good enough as well. 

2 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

I’d go with a. It’s only Mount and Sancho you can class as being “blooded” though. He should be playing TAA, Gomez / Tomori, Maguire, Chillwell in every game they are fit leading in to the the next tournament. Rose and Trippier have had their chance and Keane is clearly not good enough as well. 

Tomori another being over egged atm as well IMHO

England have qualified already - you can’t blame Southgate for looking at likes of Tripper, Rose and Mount. 

Also worth noting that Czech Rep away is never an easy game - It’s good to have a game where we don’t thrash someone 5-0 and learn nothing. 

Been much better this half so far. 

Archived