IGNORED

Tonight's Televised Football (Merged)

Unan

Only positive from tonight is that I really enjoyed watching the Czechs play.

Thought the CM Kral looked like a serious player, always turning on the ball and getting into space. The anti-Henderson if you will. Only 21 as well might be one to watch.

Could see how much it meant to the bald fella, not a bad way to make your international debut at 30!

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I wondered whether you were Southgates agent or something 

Tinted glasses n all that 

?

I’m not a massive Southgate fan - he’s an average manager. 

But I do like that he generally gives youth a chance and is attack minded. And he is quite good at creating a positive attitude around the team. 

Sadly he has a lot of issues with our defensive play which he isn’t addressing.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Southgate needs to stop throwing around debuts like confetti to over hyped players 

The England National side is not ********* development squad

England always look like a work in progress. Never the finished article. It's a case of experimentation cause I can. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

One things for sure , there are numerous places in Prague where you could have much more enjoyed a couple of hours 

Southgate not for me  

I was thinking just the same Bob. Cracking city. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve said before - can anyone explain the massive hype over Rice and what he’s good at ?

Every time I watch him he looks lost

Abysmal performance so far

To be fair, he has played some good games in a West Ham shirt, but for England....?

I agree. He seems out of his depth.

28 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Only positive from tonight is that I really enjoyed watching the Czechs play.

Thought the CM Kral looked like a serious player, always turning on the ball and getting into space. The anti-Henderson if you will. Only 21 as well might be one to watch.

Could see how much it meant to the bald fella, not a bad way to make your international debut at 30!

Digressing slightly, but he reminded me of another 'East European' bald centre forward, an absolute giant of a man whose name now escapes me - he has retired now, but I am pretty sure he used to play for Dortmund.

Can anybody on here remember his name?

Sterling and Kane, possibly add Maguire, and there you have our three players who are decent and can be counted on to deliver at a Championship.

The rest, are over-hyped, obscenely paid wasters. 

If only an England Manager, for once, would look to build a team based on spirit, fight and determination rather than get trapped into picking the next Premier League starlet who, inevitably, are found out at international level.

Those three players, with experienced, desperate and proud to play-for-the-shirt Championship players that had a team ethic would have performed far better than the mob we saw tonight. 

Southgate is good at talking to the media. That's about it.

The way he set us up to defend those corners is schoolboy stuff. And going forward no creativity yet we have Kane, Sancho and Sterling. How can he have such talent and still fail?

You do not play Henderson and Rice in a 2. You need a natural ball player. A Harry Winks for example. Mount was advanced and we could not get it through our midfield.

And he actually rates Trippier higher than Trent, he rates Rose higher than Chilwell. And Michael Keane is diabolical at international level. Adam Webster is far better. Keane can't dribble, or pass and is actually very clumsy and full of mistakes.

By the next world cup we will have just about the best players in the world, will certainly at least be right up there imo. We need someone who we know is a great coach to get tge best out of them.

Let’s be honest, our midfield and defence are abysmally bad. 

No creativtiy from centre midfield which meant we resorted to launching it long to Harry Kane who had little or no support half the time. 

There was an article on BBC sport earlier about whether the England front 3 is the best in the world. That’s all well and good if they have any service, and tonight our midfield was so static it was embarrassing. 

The fact our best defender tonight was Harry maguire, and average PL centre back who’s price tag was massively overinflated because he’s english says a lot. 

Pickford is a good keeper but why does he continue to try and play the ball out from the back in such tight situations, he isn’t Ederson or neuer and doesn’t have the skill set to do it consistently. 

Fair play to the Czechs though, unlike us they had a game plan, stuck to it, put 110% into the game and it paid off. 

Cant wait for my first live England game v Montenegro...

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I’ve never once understood why rice is so highly rated. Wouldn’t even have him in the squad. same with Keane. Probably wouldn’t have Barkley in the squad either. Pickford plays every game yet Pope is so much better. Don’t even think Ox was in the squad. He’d be in my starting XI. 

The England midfield has been poor for most of the time that Southgate has been manager. Limited ability and minimal creativity. He has ignored players such as Maddison, while picking Rice. He has also played players on reputation rather than being in any sort of form. He has persevered with Barkley, even when he hasn’t exactly shone at Chelsea. 

Southgate wasn’t a great club manager. He has been lucky to have Kane, Sterling and a few good attacking youngsters as England manager. However there is little evidence that he can forge a tournament winning team, and even though we will have home advantage for the latter stages of Euro 2020, there are other nations who are more likely to win, such as the Netherlands.

I'm guessing Roy Keane was saying the same at the end as he did at the half time..it's why hes such a crap manager. He put it down to fight, not wanting it. He would just go in the dressing room and shout at them without sorting out the real problems. 

They all wanted to win just like any other game they play. The problem was tactics. Czech exploited us and Southgate could not work out what needed doing. It's why he isn't good enough.

Think back to the Croatia semi final and he just stood there arms folded not having a clue that 3 of our centre backs were marking 1 player whilst Croatia dominated midfield and pushed our wing backs far back. Southgate can't win those tactical battles against opposing managers.

20 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Digressing slightly, but he reminded me of another 'East European' bald centre forward, an absolute giant of a man whose name now escapes me - he has retired now, but I am pretty sure he used to play for Dortmund.

Can anybody on here remember his name?

Jan Koller? Giant Czech forward that I think I remember from France '98.

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Southgate is good at talking to the media. That's about it.

The way he set us up to defend those corners is schoolboy stuff. And going forward no creativity yet we have Kane, Sancho and Sterling. How can he have such talent and still fail?

You do not play Henderson and Rice in a 2. You need a natural ball player. A Harry Winks for example. Mount was advanced and we could not get it through our midfield.

And he actually rates Trippier higher than Trent, he rates Rose higher than Chilwell. And Michael Keane is diabolical at international level. Adam Webster is far better. Keane can't dribble, or pass and is actually very clumsy and full of mistakes.

By the next world cup we will have just about the best players in the world, will certainly at least be right up there imo. We need someone who we know is a great coach to get tge best out of them.

I would not be surprised if, for various reasons, that was Danny Rose's last game for England.

29 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I would not be surprised if, for various reasons, that was Danny Rose's last game for England.

I said the very same thing earlier.  He was abject.  I'm all for supporting people with MH issues but exposing them at an elite level in sport when they aren't up to it is not supporting him.  Chilwell is a Rolls Royce to Rose's Ford Fiesta.

Archived