IGNORED

Tonight's Televised Football (Merged)

Unan

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Their Academy side beat the much-heralded Man City 'Elite Development Squad' 3-1 in the UEFA Youth League earlier today.

They are flying under the Radar because they have no history of previous success. They will be Champions league winners soon...only thing stopping them is corruption in Italian football.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

They are flying under the Radar because they have no history of previous success. They will be Champions league winners soon...only thing stopping them is corruption in Italian football.

They've played some lovely stuff tonight but have been wide open at the back and are getting punished for it.

9 minutes ago, Ashton_Red said:

Nkeitah just scored but only gets another 13 minutes ?

including tonights 13 mins, Nketiah has been given only 220 mins all season and scored 3 league goals. 

Bamford has had around 1000 minutes game time, scored 4 and not scored since 24th August! 

Great striker management by Bielsa?

12 minutes ago, hantsred said:

including tonights 13 mins, Nketiah has been given only 220 mins all season and scored 3 league goals. 

Bamford has had around 1000 minutes game time, scored 4 and not scored since 24th August! 

Great striker management by Bielsa?

It’s more due to how they fit into Leeds’ system apparently

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

If they’re that good , the big bots will come sniffing and rip the heart out of the side like they did with Monaco / Ajax recently 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sad to say Flinty has been turned inside out by Tom Bradshaw for both of Millwall`s goals.

Never happened in the City v Walsall games in 14/15.  Never begrudged him his move to Boro, at his age and being a late entrant to the pro game, but I wonder whether he’ll look back and say his best times were with us?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Never happened in the City v Walsall games in 14/15.  Never begrudged him his move to Boro, at his age and being a late entrant to the pro game, but I wonder whether he’ll look back and say his best times were with us?

Can’t blame any player for moving on and in Flints case he’s done very well financially with moves to Boro and then to Cardiff. Nice signing on fees for sure.

Given his limited footballing skills and 1970s CB ‘head it and kick it’ methodology it’s quite remarkable that he’s having a decent career.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Most certainly, like most players he wants to be loved and he certainly was here. 

At Swindon, Boro and Cardiff he hasn’t had the same love/idolisation that he had here and it’s shown in his performances over the last couple of seasons

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

If they’re that good , the big bots will come sniffing and rip the heart out of the side like they did with Monaco / Ajax recently 

Monaco yes. 

Ajax not a big bot though? 

3 European Cups,  a Champions League, a philosophy that passed down (modified yes) from Ajax to Spain via Barcelona? 

Tough crowd.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A player called Sadler just got sent off for Walsall. I suppose it`s an appropriate name like when Mark Robins played for us.

....although in all seriousness - I don’t think you will ever beat Wolfgang Wolf being manager of Wolfsburg in Germany - and that’s a true story ... 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wolfgang-wolf/profil/trainer/285

Think results went okay for us tonight.

We can go 4th tomorrow, some dropped points unexpectedly- but you can't get them all and realistically an alright night- up to 4th or 5th if we win tomorrow, depending on Nottingham Forest's result of course.

Not sure how some of the sides who played tonight are FFP compliant and therefore able to pay/afford some of the players be it fees of wages that they do...unfair advantage- but I'll post about that on another thread.

Ones to watch from lower down- Brentford are generally quite dominant, have been over the previous 2 seasons too and are building up a bit of a head of steam IMO- or could be. Some strong results and performances of late though.

Ones up around us that I'm unsure on to varying levels? I'm not fully convinced that Sheffield Wednesday or QPR are built to last,  Swansea's form has declined in recent times, Nottingham Forest, do they dominate most weeks? Don't think so! Can they keep up their strong form. Charlton well pretty hard to play against and some good results but you just wonder- quality, depth- mix of the 2? Doing really well though.

Then the surprise yet unclear one- West Brom. I'd say they are definitely worse players as opposed to last year, but then Bilic is significantly more experienced than Moore. They don't really strike me as a typical top 2 side certainly. Strong top 6 challengers perhaps, but you just wonder.

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

5,600 Leeds fans at Deepdale - doesn’t matter it’s only 70 miles away - incredible following as always ...

Great following but they do have large groups of fans all over the country, which means they take large numbers everywhere

3 hours ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

So us and and Rovers can't play at home on same day/time, meanwhile Tottenham, QPR, Millwall and Barnet all playing at home tonight.

10 x the police in London, or so I read on here.

The only directly comparable there are Tottenham and Barnet- both North London.

Another interesting comparison and maybe WMP is a more similar in size/area ratio to A&S maybe Birmingham and West Brom both playing same evenng- both WMP, both with sections of lively fans? Birminingham especially.

Archived