IGNORED

Cardiff Away - Confirmed Sold Out

Mr Popodopolous

On 09/10/2019 at 10:00, Robson said:

Me and 2 others will be going. Watching Gerry Cinnamon in Cardiff the night before. It's going to be a good weekend (hopefully) ?

He is fantastic, saw him at Glastonbury last year, great time. I bet a few people are doing this. 

On 09/10/2019 at 21:27, Montpelierblue said:

Don’t ever recall any bother with Sheffield weds ever. It’s more like an initial amount, don’t think they’ve ever brought more than that so can’t see the issue. Also, the club will give tickets away to school kids to sit in the seats next to the away fans in the family stand if they bring a small following. Happened a few times last season, Burnley and hudds at least.

2.4k in 2010 at the new place

About 9k in 1984 as we won promotion 

On 09/10/2019 at 20:41, kivsy said:

I doubt we will sell 2000 , our away following is usually pretty good , but Cardiff away , lunchtime kick off , it’s on sky the excuses come out ! 
back in the day we’d take nigh on 4 thousand.  
the ticket prices look good to be fair 

I agree Kivsy - quite a few whines on here sound like those from the blue few - when they win 1-0 at home the jury on here label it a “scabby 1-0 against a shite side” - when we do the same it’s “a hard-fought, deserved result” (eg Reading at home) - then tenuous excuses from ‘them’ for poor home and away Gas attendances are ridiculed on here yet we are now trotting out a list of reasons why an away game 40 miles away against big rivals is a ‘no no’ - can’t have it both ways ...

15 hours ago, Der no.2 said:

Totally disrespectful to be playing at 12noon on Remembrance Sunday.

Last year, there was football on 11th November 2018 itself which was the actual Sunday- this is the 10th and the day was 11th November 2018- wonder how often it's happened down the years?

Probably not all that uncommon, certainly in modern times!

• Admin
4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You'll be fine I'm sure. Can't even see us selling out if I'm honest. 

I agree there interest just isn't there to large numbers anymore

Years of being messed about and endless hassle over there, it has just become an effort to go to. . .. add to that, that it is remembrance Sunday

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Think we will fairly comfortably. 

Reading on here some people will miss it due to the date, but at the end of the day its the away game at our 'current' biggest rivals and we are doing fairly well. 

Then add in the fact it’s on Remembrance Day, which will mean people have other more important things to do. 

The grounds totally dull and devoid of any atmosphere, making it a pretty crap away day. 

And we haven’t won (or even scored a meaningful goal) there in years. 

And i can see why people may not be up for it...

• Admin
27 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Then did in the fact it’s on Remembrance Day, which will mean people have other more important things to do. 

The grounds totally dull and devoid of any atmosphere, making it a pretty crap away day. 

And we haven’t won (or even scored a meaningful goal) there in years. 

And i can see why people may not be up for it...

Exactly my thoughts 

Crap ground 

Crap atmosphere 

Hassle everywhere you go before and after 

Never played well over there 

Remembrance Sunday 

7 hours ago, matalan12 said:

i will always try my best to attend cardiff away. its an away end we should always sell out and represent, no matter how many hoops we have to jump through, with date and time changes, bubbles, ticket pick ups, on tv etc. the day we don't have a sold out corner over there, will be a sad day imo

Agree that it’s one we should always try and sell out and I’ll be going. But also agree with others views as well that the authorities don’t half make it as unappealing as possible with the consistently crap kick off times. Coupled with the fact that it is completely soulless there these days, terrible stadium devoid of any atmosphere at all and generally a hassle because of the kick off time then it really is only geography that is the pull these days for this game and the only reason we should sell out. 

2 hours ago, matalan12 said:

i very highly doubt it

if luton sells out on the first day, i wouldn't expect this to even make member sales

Considering Luton is a ground we haven’t visited in 14 years, with half the allocation and it promises to be a much better away day than Cardiff has been the last few times, I think the two are incomparable 

Archived