Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Mr Popodopolous

Cardiff Away - Confirmed Sold Out

Recommended Posts

Certainly not seen any confirmation but 2,000 apparently.

It's as yet unconfirmed by the club of course, don't think any have gone on sale yet either. Seems to be an improvement on last time, but we should certainly reciprocate with the minimum allowable if possible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On TV, hopefully won't affect sales. Need a good and loud support to drown them out, especially as we really should be playing to beat them. They're there for the taking this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Certainly not seen any confirmation but 2,000 apparently.

It's as yet unconfirmed by the club of course, don't think any have gone on sale yet either. Seems to be an improvement on last time, but we should certainly reciprocate with the minimum allowable if possible!

Let's make sure they get 1800 then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Let's make sure they get 1800 then

I could be wrong, but barring a helpful SAG/compelling reasons of public safety for the preferred number, I think the least we could get away with giving would be 2,000.

1,800 would certainly be preferable but the fewer the better- maybe if we opened up part of the Atyeo to home fans that could help us get away with 1,800.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be very surprised if we sell this one out. 

Sunday, 12pm and on TV. 

I've been Cardiff every time we've played them for years, but even I'm not sure if I fancy that again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gunner Jones said:

I won't be going, as far as I'm concerned no games should be played on remembrance Sunday 

Doesn’t remembrance Sunday commemorate the fact that we do have the freedom to be able to go and do things, like watch football..? 

I’m not sure sort of particular mark of respect is lost by playing a game on that day. 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Quedgeley Exile said:

But will we be allowed to drink in centre or are we banned again? 

It's a 12 noon KO.....so thatchers with your cornflakes ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2019 at 13:23, BCFCGav said:

On TV, hopefully won't affect sales. Need a good and loud support to drown them out, especially as we really should be playing to beat them. They're there for the taking this season.

It will affect sales. Being Sunday makes it difficult, so I for one will watch it on Sky. Had planned to do the trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It will affect sales. Being Sunday makes it difficult, so I for one will watch it on Sky. Had planned to do the trip.

Yea we're in the same boat. I was considering the trip but can't justify it financially now given it'll be in every pub near me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely even though it's on Sky and a kickoff time that isn't so ideal, given our form and the fact it is a derby we can sell out 2,000?

Of course, don't know what trains are like to Cardiff on a Sunday- that could of course be a problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely even though it's on Sky and a kickoff time that isn't so ideal, given our form and the fact it is a derby we can sell out 2,000?

Of course, don't know what trains are like to Cardiff on a Sunday- that could of course be a problem.

Gets in at 10:36 from temple meads

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gordie said:

Gets in at 10:36 from temple meads

Thanks- you never know in this country, with engineering works, lack between Bristol and London on a Sunday at varied times etc, but sounds like things running smoothly AT THIS TIME.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Complaint's for years at the lack of tickets we get, as soon as we get a bigger allocation no one wants to go 😅

I'll be going on my birthday.

I hope the game is the same day as your birthday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope I can get a ticket, only live a 10 min walk from their ground (unlucky me) only a forever Bristol member but 2000 allocation is poor.

Edited by Sturman 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read that Sheffield Wednesday got only 1,645 for their upcoming game there- god knows what they've been up to on away days there, it could be worse!

However, 2,000 is certainly poor.

 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we will sell 2000 , our away following is usually pretty good , but Cardiff away , lunchtime kick off , it’s on sky the excuses come out ! 
back in the day we’d take nigh on 4 thousand.  
the ticket prices look good to be fair 

Edited by kivsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Read that Sheffield Wednesday got only 1,645 for their upcoming game there- god knows what they've been up to on away days there, it could be worse!

However, 2,000 is certainly poor.

 

Don’t ever recall any bother with Sheffield weds ever. It’s more like an initial amount, don’t think they’ve ever brought more than that so can’t see the issue. Also, the club will give tickets away to school kids to sit in the seats next to the away fans in the family stand if they bring a small following. Happened a few times last season, Burnley and hudds at least.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Don’t ever recall any bother with Sheffield weds ever. It’s more like an initial amount, don’t think they’ve ever brought more than that so can’t see the issue. Also, the club will give tickets away to school kids to sit in the seats next to the away fans in the family stand if they bring a small following. Happened a few times last season, Burnley and hudds at least.

Ah okay. That makes sense.

Would've thought Sheffield Wednesday tend to travel in decent numbers though, initial allocations can also be expanded of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, phantom said:

The real shame about this game is that it is being played on remembrance Sunday

Will affect the numbers attending

It is and proof if any were needed that Sky don`t give a shit.

If it was us at home in these circumstances I`d hope we would do something like free tickets for service personnel/ex-military/veterans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2019 at 10:00, Robson said:

Me and 2 others will be going. Watching Gerry Cinnamon in Cardiff the night before. It's going to be a good weekend (hopefully) 🍻

He is fantastic, saw him at Glastonbury last year, great time. I bet a few people are doing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2019 at 21:27, Montpelierblue said:

Don’t ever recall any bother with Sheffield weds ever. It’s more like an initial amount, don’t think they’ve ever brought more than that so can’t see the issue. Also, the club will give tickets away to school kids to sit in the seats next to the away fans in the family stand if they bring a small following. Happened a few times last season, Burnley and hudds at least.

2.4k in 2010 at the new place

 

About 9k in 1984 as we won promotion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2019 at 20:41, kivsy said:

I doubt we will sell 2000 , our away following is usually pretty good , but Cardiff away , lunchtime kick off , it’s on sky the excuses come out ! 
back in the day we’d take nigh on 4 thousand.  
the ticket prices look good to be fair 

I agree Kivsy - quite a few whines on here sound like those from the blue few - when they win 1-0 at home the jury on here label it a “scabby 1-0 against a shite side” - when we do the same it’s “a hard-fought, deserved result” (eg Reading at home) - then tenuous excuses from ‘them’ for poor home and away Gas attendances are ridiculed on here yet we are now trotting out a list of reasons why an away game 40 miles away against big rivals is a ‘no no’ - can’t have it both ways ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Der no.2 said:

Totally disrespectful to be playing at 12noon on Remembrance Sunday.

Last year, there was football on 11th November 2018 itself which was the actual Sunday- this is the 10th and the day was 11th November 2018- wonder how often it's happened down the years?

Probably not all that uncommon, certainly in modern times!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2019 at 10:39, OneTeamInBristol said:

It is indeed

I shall be there - tickets as a birthday present from my daughter. Are you bring cake?

also when can we get the tickets? Still not on sale...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fairweather said:

I shall be there - tickets as a birthday present from my daughter. Are you bring cake?

also when can we get the tickets? Still not on sale...

It can be arranged.

I imagine the two clubs and police are just finalising details.

Probably info tomorrow or Friday for sale on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 20:40, RedM said:

He is fantastic, saw him at Glastonbury last year, great time. I bet a few people are doing this. 

Yes I saw him at Glastonbury aswell, never known the JP to be so hot and sweaty! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sturman 1 said:

Hoping it makes it to the members sale! But if someone is kind enough to get me a ticket via their season ticket I'd be forever grateful. PM me if you would.

You'll be fine I'm sure. Can't even see us selling out if I'm honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You'll be fine I'm sure. Can't even see us selling out if I'm honest. 

I agree there interest just isn't there to large numbers anymore

Years of being messed about and endless hassle over there, it has just become an effort to go to. . .. add to that, that it is remembrance Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You'll be fine I'm sure. Can't even see us selling out if I'm honest. 

Think we will fairly comfortably. 

Reading on here some people will miss it due to the date, but at the end of the day its the away game at our 'current' biggest rivals and we are doing fairly well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Think we will fairly comfortably. 

Reading on here some people will miss it due to the date, but at the end of the day its the away game at our 'current' biggest rivals and we are doing fairly well. 

Then add in the fact it’s on Remembrance Day, which will mean people have other more important things to do. 

The grounds totally dull and devoid of any atmosphere, making it a pretty crap away day. 

And we haven’t won (or even scored a meaningful goal) there in years. 

And i can see why people may not be up for it...

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Then did in the fact it’s on Remembrance Day, which will mean people have other more important things to do. 

The grounds totally dull and devoid of any atmosphere, making it a pretty crap away day. 

And we haven’t won (or even scored a meaningful goal) there in years. 

And i can see why people may not be up for it...

Exactly my thoughts 

Crap ground 

Crap atmosphere 

Hassle everywhere you go before and after 

Never played well over there 

Remembrance Sunday 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, phantom said:

Exactly my thoughts 

Crap ground - doesn't really bother me. Ninian Park was something else altogether, but we can make a good noise in that corner.

Crap atmosphere - meh, debatable. i've always found it to be electric at first, something different about it to an average away game. we've just never really played well there or scored a meaningful goal as has already been mentioned, which obviously doesn't help. 

Hassle everywhere you go before and after - as i would from a game of such magnitude. we are away after all.

Never played well over there - this could be our time. it has to be our time eventually.

Remembrance Sunday 

i will always try my best to attend cardiff away. its an away end we should always sell out and represent, no matter how many hoops we have to jump through, with date and time changes, bubbles, ticket pick ups, on tv etc. the day we don't have a sold out corner over there, will be a sad day imo

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, matalan12 said:

i will always try my best to attend cardiff away. its an away end we should always sell out and represent, no matter how many hoops we have to jump through, with date and time changes, bubbles, ticket pick ups, on tv etc. the day we don't have a sold out corner over there, will be a sad day imo

Agree that it’s one we should always try and sell out and I’ll be going. But also agree with others views as well that the authorities don’t half make it as unappealing as possible with the consistently crap kick off times. Coupled with the fact that it is completely soulless there these days, terrible stadium devoid of any atmosphere at all and generally a hassle because of the kick off time then it really is only geography that is the pull these days for this game and the only reason we should sell out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bris red said:

Ill be going to this one. Not been over there in a good few years.. Do people think they will get to general sale?

i very highly doubt it

if luton sells out on the first day, i wouldn't expect this to even make member sales

Edited by matalan12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...