IGNORED

Barnsley

Dastardly and Muttley

24 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Rumoured by Sky sources to be sacking Stendel.

Job for...

Anyway, panic setting in at the bottom? Huddersfield, Millwall already made changes. Stoke strongly rumoured, Reading man in danger.

I still think Jones will be sacked, too little too late for him I think. Tough games coming up too like every team has and home to Fulham next is a big test.

Not sure about Reading and Millwall they are two teams I rarely seem to predict very well. Reading one of those teams who struggles for a few seasons then go on this aggressive promotion challenge. 

Stendel is gone.

Their defence is non existence and they rely on Woodrow to score them goals. He's scored a few screamers but doesn't have enough service to score enough "normal" goals really.

Shame but I would be surprised if they stayed up. They really miss players like Pinnock who were key to their defence.

30 minutes ago, S.B. said:

Stendel is gone.

Their defence is non existence and they rely on Woodrow to score them goals. He's scored a few screamers but doesn't have enough service to score enough "normal" goals really.

Shame but I would be surprised if they stayed up. They really miss players like Pinnock who were key to their defence.

They were always going to struggle in this division and don’t help their coach by systematically selling their best players.

What do they expect from their staff if they keep chopping and changing ?

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

They were always going to struggle in this division and don’t help their coach by systematically selling their best players.

What do they expect from their staff if they keep chopping and changing ?

Agreed - the best promoted teams usually do well by keeping their squad (mostly) together and then adding a couple of others. But they keep the winning formula. 

Barnsley have always been known to recruit well, but losing Pinnock and Moore and not replacing them was fatal in my opinion.

1 hour ago, S.B. said:

Stendel is gone.

Defence plays too high with no pace.

Midfield don’t track runners

Midfield don’t pressure the pass.

Recipe for conceding goals.

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Average age of 19, that was their defence Saturday. They signed a dozen players all under 22 over the summer. Surely a couple of old heads should have been brought in?

Nice club statement for someone that had just got them promoted.

Just two lines.

They went down last time with an entire squad in their early 20s. I guess that is great having so many youngsters if they are good enough.

On 07/10/2019 at 21:30, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Rumoured by Sky sources to be sacking Stendel.

Job for...

Anyway, panic setting in at the bottom? Huddersfield, Millwall already made changes. Stoke strongly rumoured, Reading man in danger.

I know this one, I know, hang on, er...

GJ

No, hang on...

Alan Curbishley

Archived