IGNORED

Sunderland manager sacked + $35b takeover cancelled

Unan

21 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Clearly pulled out of the purchase because they are buying a far bigger club in the west country with a new mega stadium in the pipeline....

43 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Sunderland fans seem over the moon he's been sacked? Are they so far up themselves that they assumed they'd be top 5 points clear by now? Or was he playing Pulis football?

They would be in league 2 if it wasn’t for him coming in did a great job stabilising the club. Maybe they’re looking for someone to take them to the next level?

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Sunderland fans seem over the moon he's been sacked? Are they so far up themselves that they assumed they'd be top 5 points clear by now? Or was he playing Pulis football?

To be fair, their performances have been lacking for over a season. I think it's as much about their style of play as it is their results. Even when they do win games, they're closer than they should be and they're pretty uninspiring. I think a better manager will push them closer to the top two. Not surprised by the dismissal to be honest. Stendel leaving Barnsley on the other hand. I also thought Gomes may have been a bit hard done by - they looked relatively decent last week.

Archived