IGNORED

Websites

Markman

Ok - before I go on line and try and look this up - the good Lady Markman does a lot of crafts and our house is full of them - she wondered about setting up a web page and maybe selling some?

But - can you just create a webpage/site - do you have to pay - is it best to pay someone to do it etc

A quick search on Google came up with millions of pages and just totaly confused me - anyone know?

(Ta - most of her work is recycled stuff and a load sold or given to Charity normally)

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Mrs RRH is thinking of doing the same - she does loads of craft fairs and is always getting folk asking if she has a website.

Like you mate, I haven`t got a scooby how to even start with setting one up but I bet there are a lot on here that do!

Here's hoping :laugh:

1 hour ago, Markman said:

Ok - before I go on line and try and look this up - the good Lady Markman does a lot of crafts and our house is full of them - she wondered about setting up a web page and maybe selling some?

But - can you just create a webpage/site - do you have to pay - is it best to pay someone to do it etc

A quick search on Google came up with millions of pages and just totaly confused me - anyone know?

(Ta - most of her work is recycled stuff and a load sold or given to Charity normally)

I’ve seen people selling / advertising similar things through the various buy and sale groups for different areas on Facebook and also using a Facebook group or business page to advertise and sale. If it’s just intended as a bit of a hobby I would think that will be easier and is likely to receive more traffic than an independent website. Or you could look in to the website Etsy which is for people to sale handmade items and crafts. 

Yeah agreed with the above.

Don't know much about building webpages, but a facebook page would  be a good start to see if the interest is there, and whether its worth spending the time, effort and money doing a webpage.

Facebook (if you're not a user) has a function called marketplace, as well as millions of local selling pages/groups, it wouldn't take long to set up, and within minutes you'd be reaching out to loads of people.

Etsy is great for selling art/craft stuff. Having a social media presence is huge though.  

More professional stuff look at 1&1 who's website builder tool is pretty easy to use. 

Agree with the above.

Prioritise having a:

- Facebook page/Instagram page, and selling through Facebook Market Place.

- Ebay Page

- Then look at the already established sites like Etsy, Not On The Highstreet.

Realistically people won't be looking at your website, they will be going on big sites and searching through theirs, so don't waste your money really. 

Archived