IGNORED

Leeds fans

Lez

I wonder how they are feeling about the Berardi red card being rescinded after one of the worst decisions I have seen in a long time. Sent off after 14 minutes with the score 0-0.....not just a penalty but a red to.

They obviously get zero points for the loss but you have to question the official for such a horrendous double jeapody decision.

I know we have no sympathy for Leeds fans but if that happened to us we would be in total uproar.....officiating is difficult but blimey some decisions have no explanation.

50/50 decision not going your way fair enough....people will argue.....but I recon in this case the ref must have forgotten the rules.....one of the worst decisions I have seen.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

I wonder how they are feeling about the Berardi red card being rescinded after one of the worst decisions I have seen in a long time. Sent off after 14 minutes with the score 0-0.....not just a penalty but a red to.

They obviously get zero points for the loss but you have to question the official for such a horrendous double jeapody decision.

I know we have no sympathy for Leeds fans but if that happened to us we would be in total uproar.....officiating is difficult but blimey some decisions have no explanation.

50/50 decision not going your way fair enough....people will argue.....but I recon in this case the ref must have forgotten the rules.....one of the worst decisions I have seen.

The ref probably thought he tripped him and therefore it wasn't a genuine attempt for the ball, still get a red for that then. 

Was a very bad decision though, he didn't even touch him. Expect that's why it was rescinded. 

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

The ref probably thought he tripped him and therefore it wasn't a genuine attempt for the ball, still get a red for that then. 

Was a very bad decision though, he didn't even touch him. Expect that's why it was rescinded. 

Does this mean the attacker dived and should therefore get a ban, or does it mean this was Fams and Wrights fault and both will get a minimum six game ban?

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yes he must have thought that.....or forgot the double jeapody rule.....either way a horrendous decision.

6 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Just seen the highlight and Phillips is defending behind him so he isnt even last man!

It wasn't a natural fall...you can clearly see the player leave his leg behind, straightening it backwards...it wasn't a natural move and easy to spot. If the defender had caught him he wouldn't have fallen like that.

Imo...the penalty law has to be changed.

I would prefer it if penalties were only given if a clear shooting chance on goal was stopped illegally.

This would stop players going over on the edge of the box facing away from goal. No way does that deserve a free shot at goal.

It's spoiling the game. You literally can't defend properly anymore inside the box.

30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Find it difficult to have any sympathy for Leeds TBH. 

Agreed. You can't complain about the ref making incorrect decisions if all game you are trying to get him to make incorrect decisions in your favour. 

48 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

With the amount of poor decisions we’ve had over the last 18 months. Haven’t got time to feel sorry for Leeds or any other team. The officiating in the football league is poor at best

And it's getting worse because the better EFL referees are getting drafted into the PL as they need extra numbers to operate VAR.

28 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Is there any plans to extend VAR into the Championship?

I know it's been hit & miss in the PL. But in general it would help some of the awful officiating we've seen this season.

No No No

It would make the whole match experience a pantomime , and they’d still get it wrong

It will come and that may be it for me

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Me too - especially after this ...

I rest my case - Bamford should have got a 10 game ban for that, the bloke feigns injuries and cheats every single game he plays. I honestly wouldn't feel at all sorry for him when a player gets fed up with his antics and injures the bloke on purpose (as I can see it happening one day).

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No No No

It would make the whole match experience a pantomime , and they’d still get it wrong

My biggest issue with the whole thing is when a ref gets it wrong and then VAR just refuse to correct the decision. Absolutely pointless - and just frustrating if you are on the receiving end.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

It wasn't a natural fall...you can clearly see the player leave his leg behind, straightening it backwards...it wasn't a natural move and easy to spot. If the defender had caught him he wouldn't have fallen like that.

Imo...the penalty law has to be changed.

I would prefer it if penalties were only given if a clear shooting chance on goal was stopped illegally.

This would stop players going over on the edge of the box facing away from goal. No way does that deserve a free shot at goal.

It's spoiling the game. You literally can't defend properly anymore inside the box.

Surely that would just open it up to defenders to push strikers over if they dont have a shot on goal but just about to lay it off to someone?

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Even if you give a penalty, can't agree with a red card for that.

The Championship has really kicked on over the last 10-15 years...unfortunately the same cannot be said for the officials- as we know only too well!

It is a nonsense decision but technically at one level the ref applied the laws correctly.

Was he the last man stopping a goal scoring opportunity?

Did he commit a foul?

If the ref decides ‘yes’ to both of those (in both cases I think he is wrong) the next question is did he think the player genuinely make an effort to play the ball. Clearly in this case he did not (maybe the only bit the ref got right). Having made the wrong calls in the first two, he then really has no option but to send him off. 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Not if you were to bring back indirect free kicks in the box.

So a striker has the ball just inside the box with his back to goal but can lay it off 5 yards to the side for his team mate to be clean through but a defender can choose to quickly just push him over and give away an indirect free kick instead. 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No No No

Agreed I'm for tech in football when their is an easy clear cut decision - goal tech or offside I think it is/would be good for. But VAR is inconsistently used and still gets if wrong sometimes anyway. 

9 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

So a striker has the ball just inside the box with his back to goal but can lay it off 5 yards to the side for his team mate to be clean through but a defender can choose to quickly just push him over and give away an indirect free kick instead. 

That's where the play on rule is enforced by the ref.

Archived