IGNORED

Wag Wars ... Rooney / Vardy (Merged)

WhistleHappy

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Whatever the outcome (and let's be fair, who cares) it's several million quid spunked on bugger all.

At least their CV will impress many clubs now. Maybe an ownership will follow?

I also wonder if Wayne or Jamie is watching the pension pot vanish as we speak.

14 hours ago, TomF said:

Nah although this case seems a complete waste of time and money it’s clear she’s an absolute snake 

And, whilst we have yet to hear both sides of the story, she (RV) and her agent, the one who unfortunately dropped her mobile telephone from a ferry, thus losing all the (possibly incriminating) evidence, seem to be claiming they were done up like a kipper by Coleen.

Incredibly, Coleen could come out of this smelling of roses, although both of them will be considerably out of pocket.

What a complete nonsense.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And, whilst we have yet to hear both sides of the story, she (RV) and her agent, the one who unfortunately dropped her mobile telephone from a ferry, thus losing all the (possibly incriminating) evidence, seem to be claiming they were done up like a kipper by Coleen.

Incredibly, Coleen could come out of this smelling of roses, although both of them will be considerably out of pocket.

What a complete nonsense.

To be fair isn't the onus on Coleen to prove that it was Vardy and not anyone else, which might now be very difficult to do?

It's easy for the judge to say that it should have been done out of court, but as far as I can tell it's RV who is far and away the worst here. Wasn't it her that actually brought this to court? I might be wrong on that one though. Can't exactly blame CR for defending herself if so.

Seems madness to me that RV would go all this way, knowing that it will leak all of this awful crap she's done, what an absolute whopper.

47 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

To be fair isn't the onus on Coleen to prove that it was Vardy and not anyone else, which might now be very difficult to do?

Wasn't it her that actually brought this to court? I might be wrong on that one though. Can't exactly blame CR for defending herself if so.

Seems madness to me that RV would go all this way, knowing that it will leak all of this awful crap she's done, what an absolute whopper.

37 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yep RV is the one suing CR.    By all accounts even if she wins she's absolutely destroyed any reputation she had. 

RV is suing CR for libel, i.e. that she issued a false (written) statement (without just cause) that was damaging to her reputation.

Whilst there are defences, (fair comment, justification), the onus (burden of proof) is on the Defendant (CR) to prove that the allegedly libellous statement was true.

I have not really been following the case in detail, but, if I understand correctly, VR is stating that it was not her who leaked the stories to the press, but her agent, the unfortunate girl who dropped her mobile telephone into the North Sea.

Presumably, this is why CR's barrister has been trying to demonstrate that VR's agent was acting under her direct instructions.

As far as VR's reputation is concerned, however, I would suggest this has been damaged far more by the Court revelations than any suggestion she did or did not leak CR's stories to the press.

What a horrible character.  

One thing I omitted in my post, concerning the necessity for the Defendant (CR) to prove that her statement was true, is that her statement simply said that the leaks came from VR's account, i.e. she didn't say that VR herself had leaked them personally.

Unless I am mistaken, VR has already confirmed in Court that this is correct! 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

RV is suing CR for libel, i.e. that she issued a false (written) statement (without just cause) that was damaging to her reputation.

Whilst there are defences, (fair comment, justification), the onus (burden of proof) is on the Defendant (CR) to prove that the allegedly libellous statement was true.

I have not really been following the case in detail, but, if I understand correctly, VR is stating that it was not her who leaked the stories to the press, but her agent, the unfortunate girl who dropped her mobile telephone into the North Sea.

Presumably, this is why CR's barrister has been trying to demonstrate that VR's agent was acting under her direct instructions.

As far as VR's reputation is concerned, however, I would suggest this has been damaged far more by the Court revelations than any suggestion she did or did not leak CR's stories to the press.

One thing I omitted in my post, concerning the necessity for the Defendant (CR) to prove that her statement was true, is that her statement simply said that the leaks came from VR's account, i.e. she didn't say that VR herself had leaked them personally.

Unless I am mistaken, VR has already confirmed in Court that this is correct! 

Getting a bit confused with your VR's and RV's there @PHILINFRANCE?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

s far as VR's reputation is concerned, however, I would suggest this has been damaged far more by the Court revelations than any suggestion she did or did not leak CR's stories to the press.

Wasn't she always viewed as a bit of a piece of work anyway? No surprises to me she sounds like a right See you next Tuesday

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Surely all Rooney has to say is, 'I said the leak came from the Vardy ACCOUNT - never directly called anyone out, and Vardy has already said other people had access.

Hasn't RV said that in essence she allowed her PR/Agent access to the private CR chat that was only for friends, and drew her attention to other postings?

There is no plus side for RV here, everybody can see her true character, regardless of her saying "Oh, I was only joking", or "I was having a laugh".

Question from Barrister "Did you allow others to see private posts from which only you had access?" The answer has to be "Yes".

It's a moot point that RV is making around what the Agent then did with that information when granted access. It's fair to say her phone going missing, withdrawing her statements; and permissions for Sun Paper staff to be called to ask who leaked the stories to you? Are all a bit tantamount to an admission of guilt surely.

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Wasn't she always viewed as a bit of a piece of work anyway? No surprises to me she sounds like a right See you next Tuesday

Yep. Bounced from one lower league footballer to another until she struck gold with Vardy. She's also believed to be the cause of a rift between him and his parents, which led to them not attending the wedding.

16 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The only thing I can say about Peter Andre is, I can remember I'm a Celebrity when he got it together with Katie Price…:tv_horror:

Considering he's quite voluntarily lead a life in the Ok!/Hello/celeb culture guise, essentially a world full of fakeness and nonsense, I've always thought he's quite a genuine bloke to be fair to him.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Considering he's quite voluntarily lead a life in the Ok!/Hello/celeb culture guise, essentially a world full of fakeness and nonsense, I've always thought he's quite a genuine bloke to be fair to him.

Yes, I wasn't a fan of his music but I do think he is a really sweet guy.

• Admin
5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, I wasn't a fan of his music but I do think he is a really sweet guy.

Funny you say that, I watched a video last night of him listening to a lady busking and then spoke with her after, thought I couldn't imagine many people being like that. 

When he was with KP he was often around Weston as his legal team were based here, I'm told that he always had time for anyone that treated him civilly 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Funny you say that, I watched a video last night of him listening to a lady busking and then spoke with her after, thought I couldn't imagine many people being like that. 

When he was with KP he was often around Weston as his legal team were based here, I'm told that he always had time for anyone that treated him civilly 

Yes, I saw a video where he was asking the interviewer about her cancer, was really nice to her. Came across as really genuine.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2022 at 04:11, phantom said:

Interestingly wasn't it also a night in Syndicate/SWX/The Works, etc that finally caused their split? I'm sure I remember it being involved somehow.