IGNORED

Another manager gone

daored

I was wondering where Lee stands now, 9th.  I'm surprised to see that Pochettino has been at Spurs that long.

Name Nat. Date of birth Club Division Appointed Time as manager Source
Jim Bentley 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 11 June 1976 Morecambe League Two 13 May 2011 8 years, 148 days [2]
Gareth Ainsworth 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 10 May 1973 Wycombe Wanderers League One 24 September 2012[N 1] 7 years, 14 days [3][4]
Eddie Howe 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 29 November 1977 Bournemouth Premier League 12 October 2012 6 years, 360 days [5]
Sean Dyche 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 28 June 1971 Burnley Premier League 30 October 2012 6 years, 343 days [6]
Mauricio Pochettino 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png ARG 2 March 1972 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League 27 May 2014 5 years, 134 days [7]
John Coleman 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 12 October 1962 Accrington Stanley League One 18 September 2014 5 years, 20 days [8]
Jürgen Klopp 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png GER 16 June 1967 Liverpool Premier League 8 October 2015 4 years, 0 days [9]
Nigel Clough 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 19 March 1966 Burton Albion League One 7 December 2015 3 years, 305 days [10]
Lee Johnson 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 7 June 1981 Bristol City Championship 6 February 2016[N 2] 3 years, 244 days [11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was wondering where Lee stands now, 9th.  I'm surprised to see that Pochettino has been at Spurs that long.

Name Nat. Date of birth Club Division Appointed Time as manager Source
Jim Bentley 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 11 June 1976 Morecambe League Two 13 May 2011 8 years, 148 days [2]
Gareth Ainsworth 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 10 May 1973 Wycombe Wanderers League One 24 September 2012[N 1] 7 years, 14 days [3][4]
Eddie Howe 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 29 November 1977 Bournemouth Premier League 12 October 2012 6 years, 360 days [5]
Sean Dyche 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 28 June 1971 Burnley Premier League 30 October 2012 6 years, 343 days [6]
Mauricio Pochettino 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png ARG 2 March 1972 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League 27 May 2014 5 years, 134 days [7]
John Coleman 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 12 October 1962 Accrington Stanley League One 18 September 2014 5 years, 20 days [8]
Jürgen Klopp 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png GER 16 June 1967 Liverpool Premier League 8 October 2015 4 years, 0 days [9]
Nigel Clough 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 19 March 1966 Burton Albion League One 7 December 2015 3 years, 305 days [10]
Lee Johnson 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png ENG 7 June 1981 Bristol City Championship 6 February 2016[N 2] 3 years, 244 days [11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

I can only see him moving one place up to eighth as it looks like Pocchetino is on pretty thin ice at the moment. The others seem fairly comfortable unless someone like Clough or Ainsworth get poached or Burnley decide they fancy a change.

After a week of managerial sackings. It makes you wonder if he would still be in a job at 90% of the club's in the Championship.

Fair play to him. He's learnt and evolved. 

I was one of many that wanted him gone. I was wrong, and will be the first to admit it.

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

10th youngest in the 92 as well!

And only one loss away from some no-mark claiming he 'doesn't have Championship experience'*.

*who was probably the same person who would often claim that SL had 'no football experience', despite being involved with the professional game for what is it now? 20 years or so.

I do wonder with the likes of Millwall, Barnsley and Reading how much realism there is amongst supporters and owners. Not so sure on Reading but the other two at least must be very close to the bottom of the heap when it comes to budgets and resources. It feels like Reading had expectations raised by their 2017 play-off final appearance and Millwall by the end of the 2017/2018 season but ultimately it is very hard to find a manager who can defy gravity for long and they are all teams you would expect to find hovering toward the bottom of the table, no matter who was in charge...

I thought Reading played really well Saturday and when we played the around Easter.

Falling into the bottom 3 obviously pushed their newish owners over the edge.

Although at many times I may have been in the Johnson out camp I’m a humble pie man and glad that Mr Lansdown has shown the patience and that the plan seems to be working.

I want to see super lee top of the chart for longevity in football management because it would probably mean that we finally did get to the premier league?

Cmon ureds

1 hour ago, Super said:

Slightly harsh after Saturday when they certainly deserved something.

Ultimately its a result business but few owners are as visionary as SL. He could have sacked LJ after the run of poor results which left us in/out of the Championship drop zone but despite vociferous calls for the managers head SL stuck to his stability strategy and  refused to weald the axe.

Because of that decision LJ has had time to stabilise the playing side with his own players, established his ow assistants and backroom team and made season on season progress.

I still dont know if lj will ever take us up, but over the years ive come to have a lot if respect for his ability to get the most out of our squad, while having to deal with his best players sold.

our start to the season despite the injuries is near miraculous, after selling 2 of our best players as well, and thats a credit to his hardwork and the spirit hes developed.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

First person to suggest it's an employment opportunity for one of our former managers gets a negative!

Job for Gerrard Lavin ?

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I can only see him moving one place up to eighth as it looks like Pocchetino is on pretty thin ice at the moment. The others seem fairly comfortable unless someone like Clough or Ainsworth get poached or Burnley decide they fancy a change.

2 places...Poch leaves Spurs, Eddie Howe takes over.

There was a little piece on SSN & while not directly to the Reading vacant position, it was mentioned about Gary Rowett being linked to the Sunderland job but apparently despite him liking Sunderland as a football club, he see’s himself as better than a League One manager! I would suggest that being a League One one manager would be better than being unemployed although he is supposedly the front runner for the Millwall job.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Premier &amp; Football League clubs have sacked managers called Jose in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2018 and 2019. <a href="https://t.co/KvhqNgSVgX">https://t.co/KvhqNgSVgX</a></p>&mdash; Richard Jolly (@RichJolly) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1181936154507120643?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived