IGNORED

Changes to City away ticketing

phantom

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Good news, will be interesting to see how they do it

I'd guess from the record of away match tickets purchased through the club. Didn't they do something very much like that a few years ago.

It will mean grumbles from POTD supporters, but really not sure there's much they can do about that?

5 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Damn how can we be negative to this

Because this is bound to lead to a 'my season ticket gives me priority vs the I only go to away games but I get nothing' and 'this doesn't benefit the club, they make nothing from away games' and, 'if they had said at the start of the season, I would have done more'.

Basically, people will moan.

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Because this is bound to lead to a 'my season ticket gives me priority vs the I only go to away games but I get nothing' and 'this doesn't benefit the club, they make nothing from away games' and, 'if they had said at the start of the season, I would have done more'.

Basically, people will moan.

Not really. It will start from next season as per the tweet. 

Priority order will be:

Season Tickets + X Away Points

Season Tickets

Members + Away Points

Members

General Sale

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

Priority order will be:

Season Tickets

Members + Away Points

Members

General Sale

Personally I think it should start off with 3 different brackets of away fans (e.g. 10 plus games, 7 plus games, 5 plus games) which is totally irrelevant of if you are a member, have a season ticket etc.

Then season ticket holders, then members, then general public

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I'd guess from the record of away match tickets purchased through the club. Didn't they do something very much like that a few years ago.

It will mean grumbles from POTD supporters, but really not sure there's much they can do about that?

Might be too complicated to administer, but something like taking a photo of your POTD ticket and sending/uploading it so your booking history can be updated.

37 minutes ago, Selred said:

Priority order will be:

Season Tickets

Members + Away Points

Members

General Sale

Do you know this as fact?

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

So long as a certain % are reserved for general sale I think it's ok. You're then essentially running the same priority scheme as you do at home.

Why should any be reserved for general sale ? If ST holders snap them all up then so be it. All you need to do is to find a mate with a ST who isn't going, and get him / her to buy one for you.

7 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Why should any be reserved for general sale ? If ST holders snap them all up then so be it. All you need to do is to find a mate with a ST who isn't going, and get him / her to buy one for you.

For people like me that live on the other side of the country and can get to most away games but can't justify buying a ST.

I guess I could ask OTIB in advance but nobody likes me enough to use their ST ?

6 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

2 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

For people like me that live on the other side of the country and can get to most away games but can't justify buying a ST.

I guess I could ask OTIB in advance but nobody likes me enough to use their ST ?

Exactly.

Personally I don''t have any close mates who have STs for City. When I lived in London on a small wage those London away games were my only chances to get to see City, and I had to buy the ticket myself. Holding the whole allocation for ST/away priority is expressly excluding more occasional fans - even possible new fans.

I wouldn't advocate a large % being held. Maybe 15%, but you can't just give the whole lot to the diehards .

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hypothetically.

If someone wasn't a season ticket holder, or a Member- due to distance etc- but went to a fair few away games, they would be the same as General Sale in this scenario?

That scenario bit can't be right- suppose they could always buy a membership too.

Yes, unfortunately the membership right now grants no bonuses to away fans. I used to go to 5 or 6 away games a season, maybe 1 or even none at home (generally would do Boxing Day if we were at home). Never bothered with a membership as it offered me no reward at all.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes, unfortunately the membership right now grants no bonuses to away fans. I used to go to 5 or 6 away games a season, maybe 1 or even none at home (generally would do Boxing Day if we were at home). Never bothered with a membership as it offered me no reward at all.

Okay as it stands no, but surprising- thought Members would be ahead of General sale in the queue for away tickets!

Always ST first, then what?

Like I say though, attending a lot of away games- having said that if you live in London or say South Yorkshire you can attend several with relative ease some years so each one has pros and cons. Points for distance? :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay as it stands no, but surprising- thought Members would be ahead of General sale in the queue for away tickets!

Always ST first, then what?

Like I say though, attending a lot of away games- having said that if you live in London or say South Yorkshire you can attend several with relative ease some years so each one has pros and cons. Points for distance? :dunno:

Ah sorry, Members do get some priority. Example for Barnsley:

• Bristol City Season Card Holder Sign in Above from Friday, October 4th at 10am to buy!
  • Bristol City and Bristol Bears Members Sign in Above from Wednesday, October 9th at 10am to buy!
  • General Sale Sign in Above from Monday, October 14th at 10am to buy!

Like I said, I don't disagree with an away loyalty points scheme - it wold have probably benefited me. I just hope they keep some tickets back for general sale as otherwise you are automatically excluding people.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah sorry, Members do get some priority. Example for Barnsley:

• Bristol City Season Card Holder Sign in Above from Friday, October 4th at 10am to buy!
  • Bristol City and Bristol Bears Members Sign in Above from Wednesday, October 9th at 10am to buy!
  • General Sale Sign in Above from Monday, October 14th at 10am to buy!

Like I said, I don't disagree with an away loyalty points scheme - it wold have probably benefited me. I just hope they keep some tickets back for general sale as otherwise you are automatically excluding people.

Thanks, that's clearer now.

By the bolded bit, I assume you mean dual members as opposed to mere Bristol Bears members? Because if it's the latter I'd be seriously questioning that.

Agreed- club will need to get this one right and fortunately they have some time to work out the best way forward- it won't be effective until 2020/21. A % saved for General Sale might be an idea too.

I was looking at Luton's system. They sell away season tickets which automatically gets you a ticket for every away game, unless you contact the club and say you don't want one for a certain game. Next priority is "Diamond Season Ticket" holders, then ordinary Season Ticket holders, then general sale. No idea what it costs.

P.S. They are reporting at total sellout for our visit on 19th. No surprise with a capacity under 11,000.

The problem with a priority system is it's never going to please everyone. There will always be someone who misses out- sometimes by not very much.

I used to work in ticketing for football clubs and saw all sorts of different ways that clubs went about it.

Spurs used to offer differing points across all competitions depending on the game. So Cat A games would gain 1 point, Cat b 3 points, Cat C 5 points etc so basically encouraged fans to go to hull away on a tuesday night in order to increase their chances of getting an arsenal ticket. Also meant that exiled fans had the potential to gain as many points as those that only went to games local to london.

Blackpool had an interesting one when they got to the premier league as theirs was done on length of time a season ticket had been held. Basically to stop new season ticket holders who had bought because they had gone up from ousting long standing fans.

I didn’t like arsenals as you had to pay an extra membership fee which rules out fans that can't attend many games for financial reasons. A big reason people pick and choose away games anyway.

One that amused me was portsmouth for the FA Cup final. After season ticket holders they offered priority to those that had attended an early round replay away up north (preston i think). I spoke to a very happy pompy fan who lived 5 minutes away from that ground and it had been his first game in 15 years and all of a sudden he had priority to the final! 

People need to keep in mind that for the majority of games it still wont be a problem to get a ticket for us. However i think it is right to have one in place in case we reach the premier league.

8 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

The problem with a priority system is it's never going to please everyone. There will always be someone who misses out- sometimes by not very much.

I used to work in ticketing for football clubs and saw all sorts of different ways that clubs went about it.

Spurs used to offer differing points across all competitions depending on the game. So Cat A games would gain 1 point, Cat b 3 points, Cat C 5 points etc so basically encouraged fans to go to hull away on a tuesday night in order to increase their chances of getting an arsenal ticket. Also meant that exiled fans had the potential to gain as many points as those that only went to games local to london.

Blackpool had an interesting one when they got to the premier league as theirs was done on length of time a season ticket had been held. Basically to stop new season ticket holders who had bought because they had gone up from ousting long standing fans.

I didn’t like arsenals as you had to pay an extra membership fee which rules out fans that can't attend many games for financial reasons. A big reason people pick and choose away games anyway.

One that amused me was portsmouth for the FA Cup final. After season ticket holders they offered priority to those that had attended an early round replay away up north (preston i think). I spoke to a very happy pompy fan who lived 5 minutes away from that ground and it had been his first game in 15 years and all of a sudden he had priority to the final! 

People need to keep in mind that for the majority of games it still wont be a problem to get a ticket for us. However i think it is right to have one in place in case we reach the premier league.

Interesting insight, especially into the areas and loyalty shown in different ways- the Preston Portsmouth final priority example is nuts!

Definitely think part of this is about future proofing.

Back to the Tottenham example- Person A buys a ticket to say Hull away but doesn't go, or flogs it at a knockdown price- it's in their name isn't it?

How does it work, for example what proof of actually having attended or would mere purchase of a ticket in that scenario suffice in the latter case? Because if it's the latter...

Archived