IGNORED

Changes to City away ticketing

phantom

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting insight, especially into the areas and loyalty shown in different ways- the Preston Portsmouth final priority example is nuts!

Definitely think part of this is about future proofing.

Back to the Tottenham example- Person A buys a ticket to say Hull away but doesn't go, or flogs it at a knockdown price- it's in their name isn't it?

How does it work, for example what proof of actually having attended or would mere purchase of a ticket in that scenario suffice in the latter case? Because if it's the latter...

That is of course the issue with that system.

I'm very much for a loyalty system but pretty much every one of them has similar problems. 

With us i imagine the number of potd tickets we sell will cause a much bigger issue than a club like spurs that sells out  in advance every game.

Sounds a good thing - lets be honest, unless we go up this will only affect a few matches like Luton and other London clubs if City doing well.

But I do think its important for them to give proper notice of when tickets are going on sale and for those in say the top 500 City fans to always get a chance of a ticket.

Can sum1 get me 86 tkts for da ManU game in the Caribo cup?

I am a huge ManU fan, but I also fink Bob Taylor is gud as well. So u can see I am also City.

I wud get dem myslf, but I dnt no any1 at da club.

(This this is taking me back to that mad scramble when all manner of no-marks came out of the woodwork and found all manner of reasons why their outstanding support justified a ticket! Note. I am not having a go at those who, for geographical reasons, cannot justify a ST, just that should we ever get promoted, there will be all manner of people trying to blag tickets!).

(And writing in that text language is surprisingly difficult).

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Applicable to Cardiff and Swansea as well?

Both at least rivalry if not derby, both could have us and them riding high.

Possibly - but overall not many and even lower if we slip down the table.

I think they might need a re-think if we were in the Prem though.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Possibly - but overall not many and even lower if we slip down the table.

I think they might need a re-think if we were in the Prem though.

Think part of it is about the latter personally. Making sure or trying to make sure that we're PL ready in all aspects.

There are certainly loopholes to be found with priority systems @cider-manc and especially that Tottenham one.

• SC&T Board Members

As our SLO is not allowed to come on here and, well, liaise, let me pass on what he said about this at tonight's SC&T meeting.

In short, there will be extensive consultation with fans on how the priority system should work. They are aware that there are lots of different ways that it could be done and that different fans will have different views on what is the best way. So they will listen (and possibly do a survey/poll) before deciding how to do it.

5 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

As our SLO is not allowed to come on here and, well, liaise, let me pass on what he said about this at tonight's SC&T meeting.

In short, there will be extensive consultation with fans on how the priority system should work. They are aware that there are lots of different ways that it could be done and that different fans will have different views on what is the best way. So they will listen (and possibly do a survey/poll) before deciding how to do it.

Are you to able enlarge on whether the question was asked about the SLO and this forum , and the answer / explanation Blagdon ?

50 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Sounds a good thing - lets be honest, unless we go up this will only affect a few matches like Luton and other London clubs if City doing well.

But I do think its important for them to give proper notice of when tickets are going on sale and for those in say the top 500 City fans to always get a chance of a ticket.

What’s your criteria for being a member of the ‘top 500 City fans’ ? 

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What’s your criteria for being a member of the ‘top 500 City fans’ ? 

Well there are probably 200 fans who go to any game no matter what. Barnsley on a Friday night on SKY etc. Then a few hundred more who go to most games (home and away) and I would expect those 500 to get priority over anyone else. It was a random number plucked from the air but I'm sure the club can put some science to it.

Hi all

Im one of the top 500 for sure.

Go to all away and home games 

Didnt get a chance to purchase Luton tickets as I was nights Thursday when released in the Friday morning so in bed

Being trying desperately to get 2 tickets in Hospitality and home seats but been rejected

Poor decision by club to release tickets without notice

Will still go to game for that slim chance of getting in

COYR’s

Also went to Florida on tour on my own !!!!!

5 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

For people like me that live on the other side of the country and can get to most away games but can't justify buying a ST.

I guess I could ask OTIB in advance but nobody likes me enough to use their ST ?

Ha, that'll teach you for awarding me an 'aubergine' tuvver day!  ? 'ard cheddar!

3 hours ago, Fitzy Red said:

Hi all

Im one of the top 500 for sure.

Go to all away and home games 

Didnt get a chance to purchase Luton tickets as I was nights Thursday when released in the Friday morning so in bed

Being trying desperately to get 2 tickets in Hospitality and home seats but been rejected

Poor decision by club to release tickets without notice

Will still go to game for that slim chance of getting in

COYR’s

Also went to Florida on tour on my own !!!!!

Am I one of the 500? I am currently living on the west coast of Ireland but still bought a season ticket dispite only being able to make it to 4 or 5 home games, will be flying into Luton Saturday lunchtime, (Ryanair permitting) travelling back to Bristol on the KW coach and then flying back to Galway Sunday morning, been following City all over the Country for 45 years and been to over 70  different grounds but haven't been to an away game since WBA last season. 

Am I meant to feel guilty because I got a Luton ticket and somebody that went to Brentford hasn't? 

• SC&T Board Members
9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Are you to able enlarge on whether the question was asked about the SLO and this forum , and the answer / explanation Blagdon ?

The matter was indeed discussed. He confirmed that he would not be coming on here, but declined to say who had instructed him on that. He did, however, confirm that the correct person for the SC&T to take the matter up with would be Mark Ashton.

It's a bizarre and ridiculous situation in my own personal view.

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

The matter was indeed discussed. He confirmed that he would not be coming on here, but declined to say who had instructed him on that. He did, however, confirm that the correct person for the SC&T to take the matter up with would be Mark Ashton.

Thanks

And are there plans to speak to Mark Ashton,  Blagdon ?

6 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Think that sums up how little control the SLO has over his own job role. He’s a club puppet and nothing more.

7 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Think that sums up how little control the SLO has over his own job role. He’s a club puppet and nothing more.

It also sends out a clear message to the fans customers about how they are regarded by the club 

Suggests that their smooching of fans support in interviews is complete hot air , and false

(Though I do believe LJ and the players genuinely appreciate the support - the rest , Particularly Ashton for all his hot air ,see us as cash cows)

wait and see how long before a fee becomes involved with Away day ticket allocation 

Want to be an Away Member ? .....that will be £££££££-

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

His reply reminds me of the competition Viz ran...

'Who was lead singer with Genesis before Phil Colins?'

Send your answers to, 'Peter Gabriel competition....'

12 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

A few things: 

Struggling to get an away ticket in this division will rarely be an issue. Luton, with such a small allocation in a small ground, being a bit of an anomaly. The only other occasions will be away games towards the end of the season if we're in the top 6 or even challenging automatic promotion. But, the biggest draw will come should we make the play-offs. Away fans usually get 2,000 tickets, irrespective of the home team's capacity. 

However, getting away tickets will become a big deal should we ever go up. Almost every Prem club provides 3,000 away tickets (with the exception of Bournemouth due to their ground being almost as small as Luton's). 

I liked what we did about 10-15 years ago with the traffic light priority points system. Someone on here will point out if I get any of this incorrect, but from memory points were awarded based on:

Distance to away ground (from AG)

Time and date of match at away ground.

e..g a Tuesday night away to Norwich would guarantee maximum points. A Sat 3pm ko away to Reading only the minimum. 

With something like a trip to the East Midlands or South Yorkshire for a Sat 3pm ko being in the middle.

Priority order for away tickets went something like this(I think...)

1. Season ticket holders with x number of points (accumulated through having attended x number of aways)

2. Members with x number of points 

3. Season ticket holders

4. Members

5. General Sale

Giving members who regularly attend aways but can't afford a ST and/or don't live in/near Bristol was a way of rewarding their loyalty. It wasn't perfect, but I think worked pretty well.

The biggest criticism was them getting priority over STHs who never (or rarely) went to aways. 

No system will work brilliantly. But, I like allocating points based on how I think we did it before. It does mean that X fan could go to 3 aways near Bristol and Y fan go to 1 4-6 hours away and Y fan gets more points that X does for his/her 3 outings, but as I said, the system isn't perfect.

Something like this (or similar) would be a decent option.

One thing: if this loyalty scheme discounts past attendances at aways over this or previous seasons, it'll be a bit of a mess if we go up (as demand will far outstrip supply). It'll be ok however if we don't.

PS. It's a real shame that our SLO doesn't come on here. Pretty pathetic to be honest if this is thanks to the club.

Won't surprise me if we do ever reach the promised land, the club will look at the 'likely away allocation' and see it as an opportunity to sell 'the away fan plus' ticket.

Where for some mental amount of money, you can be one of a couple of thousand* people with a 'right to buy' am away ticket if you are a season ticket. (Or something along those lines).

*any remaining tickets will then be sold in priority order.

3 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Giving members who regularly attend aways but can't afford a ST and/or don't live in/near Bristol was a way of rewarding their loyalty. It wasn't perfect, but I think worked pretty well.

I like this. Many people that live far from Bristol won't want to stump up for an ST they might only use twice a year. I'd be quite behind the whole waterfall and points system you set out there. With the caveat that 10% or so of the allocation is guaranteed held back for general sale in order to allow some new fans the opportunity of coming to an away game.

Agree that any system has to find some way to credit people for this season and possibly last season.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I like this. Many people that live far from Bristol won't want to stump up for an ST they might only use twice a year. I'd be quite behind the whole waterfall and points system you set out there. With the caveat that 10% or so of the allocation is guaranteed held back for general sale in order to allow some new fans the opportunity of coming to an away game.

Agree that any system has to find some way to credit people for this season and possibly last season.

Just to play devils advocate...

If people can 'travel' to the away games, why can't they also travel to Ashton Gate?

(Not a dig at anyone, just making the point that if people can make all/most away games, why can't they do the homes games instead).

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just to play devils advocate...

If people can 'travel' to the away games, why can't they also travel to Ashton Gate?

(Not a dig at anyone, just making the point that if people can make all/most away games, why can't they do the homes games instead).

Can only speak from personal experience but I lived in London when I was a trainee. I couldn't afford the cost of an ST at AG, plus the 23 annual trips on the horribly expensive GWR London - Bristol service. I could however afford tickets to the London away games, plus the tube journeys (I even used to cycle to some of them). So while I barely ever attended AG I'd get to half a dozen away games a season. Take someone else who maybe lives in Preston. They've got a few games very close by - PNE, Blackburn, Barnsley, Wigan.

London's an easy case as you've got a concentration of games in very easy reach - with a good, cheap transport system to get you there. But the point is it's not all about those that live in BS3 and travel.

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Can only speak from personal experience but I lived in London when I was a trainee. I couldn't afford the cost of an ST at AG, plus the 23 annual trips on the horribly expensive GWR London - Bristol service. I could however afford tickets to the London away games, plus the tube journeys (I even used to cycle to some of them). So while I barely ever attended AG I'd get to half a dozen away games a season. Take someone else who maybe lives in Preston. They've got a few games very close by - PNE, Blackburn, Barnsley, Wigan.

London's an easy case as you've got a concentration of games in very easy reach - with a good, cheap transport system to get you there. But the point is it's not all about those that live in BS3 and travel.

So a lot of those who are tied geographically are unlikely to 'jump the queue' against the average season ticket holder who does a few away games a season.

Which makes the suggested solution seem quite reasonable.

It will be interesting to know how many STHs we think go to every/the majority of aways too. We obviously know of @Olé.

I'm a STH and make it to about 5-7 aways a season. Only been to Stoke so far this season. Whenever I go, I see the same faces. 

I reckon (completely guessing), there are no more than between 200-300 STHs that go to every away too. This would of course increase dramatically if we got promotion. 

I'm not a fan of the prospect of an away ST. I understand why some clubs do it, but it means there will be very few away tickets that ever make it to home STHs, let alone members, and virtually none for general sale

5 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

It will be interesting to know how many STHs we think go to every/the majority of aways too. We obviously know of @Olé.

I'm a STH and make it to about 5-7 aways a season. Only been to Stoke so far this season. Whenever I go, I see the same faces. 

I reckon (completely guessing), there are no more than between 200-300 STHs that go to every away too. This would of course increase dramatically if we got promotion. 

I'm not a fan of the prospect of an away ST. I understand why some clubs do it, but it means there will be very few away tickets that ever make it to home STHs, let alone members, and virtually none for general sale

Would guess to be an away STH you would also need to have one for Ashton Gate as well.

Archived