IGNORED

Changes to City away ticketing

phantom

Points system

3 for a home game (69 in total for season tickets holders, but those who don’t buy ST but attend all games aren’t disadvantaged)

2 for away games

Have a couple double points offers throughout the season for least desirable games/on a poor run/long distance Friday nights away on sky. 

18 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

It will be interesting to know how many STHs we think go to every/the majority of aways too. We obviously know of @Olé.

I'm a STH and make it to about 5-7 aways a season. Only been to Stoke so far this season. Whenever I go, I see the same faces. 

I reckon (completely guessing), there are no more than between 200-300 STHs that go to every away too. This would of course increase dramatically if we got promotion. 

I'm not a fan of the prospect of an away ST. I understand why some clubs do it, but it means there will be very few away tickets that ever make it to home STHs, let alone members, and virtually none for general sale

Under the previous points system, I attended just over half the away games, not always the local ones, and I was in the top 100. Obviously our away support has improved since then, so I’d probably be too 200 now. 

1 hour ago, Gifford said:

Points system

3 for a home game (69 in total for season tickets holders, but those who don’t buy ST but attend all games aren’t disadvantaged)

2 for away games

Have a couple double points offers throughout the season for least desirable games/on a poor run/long distance Friday nights away on sky. 

Not a bad system but I still believe season tkt holders should have a few more points than those attending every game. For the simple reason that they have stumped up a large amount of cash long before the new season starts. They are gambling on the club having a decent season whereas anyone else can attend every game until they see the season going pear shaped. I would suggest season tkt holders start on 10 points and members 2 or 3.

Will probably be in the minority here. But why not just get rid of the priority sales periods for STH and members and just use this ‘loyalty’ system in whatever format that may be and that alone. 

That way, it really is rewarding the away travellers, regardless of whether you’re a season ticket holder or live on the other side of the country. 

12 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Will probably be in the minority here. But why not just get rid of the priority sales periods for STH and members and just use this ‘loyalty’ system in whatever format that may be and that alone. 

That way, it really is rewarding the away travellers, regardless of whether you’re a season ticket holder or live on the other side of the country. 

Proof of travel though?

Putting aside even the ST and membership debate, there are loopholes that I am sure those who know about those things could exploit with that- not me of course, but there will be those who can find them out and if possible, would utilise them.

Then again, I suppose there are loopholes in most things if people look hard enough and are sufficiently determined.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Proof of travel though?

Putting aside even the ST and membership debate, there are loopholes that I am sure those who know about those things could exploit with that- not me of course, but there will be those who can find them out and if possible, would utilise them.

Then again, I suppose there are loopholes in most things if people look hard enough and are sufficently determined.

Yeah potentially, but I really can’t see many people buying a ticket and not actually going to the game just to build up some loyalty points. Or maybe I’m just being naive? 

I mean I can see a scenario where someone with a lot of loyalty points would buy a ticket and give it to a friend/family member who would go as it’s a win win for everyone involved right? 

Points would need to be reset periodically though IMO to give other/new fans a fair crack.

2 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Yeah potentially, but I really can’t see many people buying a ticket and not actually going to the game just to build up some loyalty points. Or maybe I’m just being naive? 

I mean I can see a scenario where someone with a lot of loyalty points would buy a ticket and give it to a friend/family member who would go as it’s a win win for everyone involved right? 

Points would need to be reset periodically though IMO to give other/new fans a fair crack.

But then you lose a long established season ticket benefit. And with games (home and away) often being on the red button or sky, if you dilute the additional value in getting a season ticket, some might not bother.

It's difficult to know what to do for the best. 

Season ticket plus points (tier 1)

Season ticket (tier 2)

Membership plus points (tier 3)

Membership (tier 4)

General sale.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But then you lose a long established season ticket benefit. And with games (home and away) often being on the red button or sky, if you dilute the additional value in getting a season ticket, some might not bother.

It's difficult to know what to do for the best. 

Season ticket plus points (tier 1)

Season ticket (tier 2)

Membership plus points (tier 3)

Membership (tier 4)

General sale.

This is the main issue with my suggestion. STH would kick up a massive stink about losing their away ticket priority of course. 

But how about if you swap tiers 2 and 3 around with your idea above? 

At the end of the day we’re talking about rewarding away travel, so if you’ve got a season ticket and want to go to away games then you will. And would be rightly rewarded with 1st priority. 

The same as above for members who can’t justify a season ticket but travel away regularly. Rightly rewarded with 2nd priority.

Then if there’s tickets left. Any other STH, then members, general sale etc.

Would stop those STH who never (hardly ever) go to away games getting priority over regulars, as per the whole idea. 

Yes some might say that’s a perk of being a STH and they’d have a point. Not an easy system to implement.

30 minutes ago, KingLear said:

This is the main issue with my suggestion. STH would kick up a massive stink about losing their away ticket priority of course. 

But how about if you swap tiers 2 and 3 around with your idea above? 

At the end of the day we’re talking about rewarding away travel, so if you’ve got a season ticket and want to go to away games then you will. And would be rightly rewarded with 1st priority. 

The same as above for members who can’t justify a season ticket but travel away regularly. Rightly rewarded with 2nd priority.

Then if there’s tickets left. Any other STH, then members, general sale etc.

Would stop those STH who never (hardly ever) go to away games getting priority over regulars, as per the whole idea. 

Yes some might say that’s a perk of being a STH and they’d have a point. Not an easy system to implement.

I think the only way that would work would be with some sort of 'membership plus' scheme, so that those spending money on tickets where the revenue goes to support our divisional rivals, also made a financial commitment to City.

I get that for a lot if people they would see that as dead money, but equally, I am sure they appreciate that without the revenue generated by supporters who attend home games, out ability to invest and improve the squad would be hampered.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think the only way that would work would be with some sort of 'membership plus' scheme, so that those spending money on tickets where the revenue goes to support our divisional rivals, also made a financial commitment to City.

I get that for a lot if people they would see that as dead money, but equally, I am sure they appreciate that without the revenue generated by supporters who attend home games, out ability to invest and improve the squad would be hampered.

Yeah good point.

Would it not inevitably lead to more membership sales though?

To be honest I’ve no idea how many members we have. But I’m sure a guaranteed second priority on away tickets (dependent on games attended) would entice a fair few more into buying one if it came down to it.

22 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Yeah good point.

Would it not inevitably lead to more membership sales though?

To be honest I’ve no idea how many members we have. But I’m sure a guaranteed second priority on away tickets (dependent on games attended) would entice a fair few more into buying one if it came down to it.

Being honest?

If it means City turn more coin, I would imagine the club will consider it.

Expect to see the 'plus' option with 'credits' as an optional paid upgrade to season tickets next year.

But that will, obviously, be born of independent thought as the club don't do OTIB.

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just to play devils advocate...

If people can 'travel' to the away games, why can't they also travel to Ashton Gate?

(Not a dig at anyone, just making the point that if people can make all/most away games, why can't they do the homes games instead).

You've not driven down the M32 recently then? ? ??

Think some people are looking too deep into this and imagining scenarios that are unlikely to happen. The old system worked well, rewarding ST holders (Obvious priority) and those who actually went to away games. Luton was the exception, rather than the norm, and it’s only if we hit the Prem that the Glory Hunters appear. So if that happens, only fair to prioritise those regulars in the previous season or two. 

Archived