IGNORED

A Cider With: Jonathan Pearce

Shtanley

On 10/10/2019 at 21:20, lenred said:

There was a great night for the Ashton Gate 8 a few years ago now and JP was the compere. You could tell the passion he had for City then - and especially the AG8. It was before my time but it was a cracking evening to learn about the history of our club and what those blokes did and to have someone of his ilk running it was great - really brought it home with his knowledge and genuine feeling. Spoke to him afterwards as well and he came across as a genuinely lovely bloke as well as evidently very good at his job. 

The Ashton Gate Eight Dinner on the 2nd of February 2007. Was there and got the poster for the event.

Those were the days you could get a bed at Novia Scotia for £18 with a full English breakfast.

Again; Great listening.

On 09/10/2019 at 18:38, Shtanley said:
"A Cider With: Jonathan Pearce" is now out!

I chat to the legendary commentator and broadcaster for 90 beautiful minutes.
He talks us through growing up a mad City fan, working with Bobby Moore, Robot Wars and meeting Pelé.

Loads of mentions for old city players and he has some great Bristol City stories I'm sure many on here will enjoy.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook (@OSIBPODCAST)

Nice one @Shtanley, that made my 1 hour 42 minute train journey from Southampton to Bristol much more bearable.

I'd be grateful if the next podcast could be 12 minutes longer so I don't have to listen to anyone munching crisps in a Welsh accent on their way to Cardiff Central. 

Took me ages to start listening to it and once I did, I was gripped, amazing interview, well done Stan.

As a 52 yo his comments about his long term memory being far better then his short term, rings so true. When he talks about his times with city in and around the directors and backrooms, you can almost transport yourself back there in time.

Would love you to get a cider with Joe Jordan, and hear his views on the promo squad of 89 (Gavin, Shelton, Rennie, super Bobby Taylor and co), that was the year I went from part time supporter to it being a passion in my life).

21 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Nice one @Shtanley, that made my 1 hour 42 minute train journey from Southampton to Bristol much more bearable.

I'd be grateful if the next podcast could be 12 minutes longer so I don't have to listen to anyone munching crisps in a Welsh accent on their way to Cardiff Central. 

Phew. Good job you didn't pick one of the countries on the "being racist" list. 

9 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Took me ages to start listening to it and once I did, I was gripped, amazing interview, well done Stan.

As a 52 yo his comments about his long term memory being far better then his short term, rings so true. When he talks about his times with city in and around the directors and backrooms, you can almost transport yourself back there in time.

Would love you to get a cider with Joe Jordan, and hear his views on the promo squad of 89 (Gavin, Shelton, Rennie, super Bobby Taylor and co), that was the year I went from part time supporter to it being a passion in my life).

Joe and Terry Cooper were both just on local TV in Yorkshire as there is a celebration of Leeds’ centenary tonight.  Didn’t recognise Terry initially as he has aged (haven’t we all!) but he seemed well.  Would be great to do ones with them (together or separately) talking about their whole careers as well as the City days.  Both would have lots to talk about and both did significant things for the club.

Great work btw - the ones done to date have been brilliant.

On 10/10/2019 at 22:47, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Another superb interview- can't wait to hear the next one!

His final words on a statue for the AG8- is this something that's been discussed before etc?
This would be a very fitting tribute to ensure they're always remembered 

An Amazing interview - but it felt like he was breaking up talking about the AG8. His sentiments are 100% correct.

On 16/10/2019 at 16:33, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Munching crisps in a Welsh accent could be a bit messy?  ?

Nice one @Shtanley.

Alan Dicks could be interesting?  I think he's still with us?

Any idea when the next 1 is due @Shtanley don’t mean to be selfish but got a few long haul flights coming up in a few weeks so if you wouldn’t mind uploading some fresh interviews that would be appreciated ??

By way of some ideas for future guests- (outside of those already suggested)

Tony Thorpe- would like to hear all about the rumoured drinking culture In his time with the club and his mixed start to life here. 

Bradley Orr- loads to at from fighting Louis, prison, midfield to RB, contract disputes, promotion, then nearly another one- that cheek bone etc. 

Archived