IGNORED

If your a Prince your allowed to wear your away shirt in the home section

Never to the dark side

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Similar story, different ground, different context- very different outcome etc etc.

Fully correct to eject BTW!

IF the Royals and their entourage were in a corporate area- and this bit is unclear- then fair enough he wears a shirt probably IMO.

What did the Cardiff fan expect? How did she manage to buy a ticket in the home end if she was a Cardiff fan? 

Wills isn't wearing a Villa shirt in the photos

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I assumed they, ie him, the family and the entourage was or would have been in a box/corporate area of some sort.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/features/should-royals-been-ejected-from-norwich-city-aston-villa-match-1-6311585

Precedent, btw?

EGXN2TeW4AAJdDR.jpg:large

They were in the home end

Whilst I do not have a problem welcoming the future heir to our throne and his family to Carrow Road, I found it strange that he was allowed to sit with his family in an area of the Jarrold stand which is clearly singled outside as a section for "Home Fans Only" adding on the sign "You will be ejected from the ground if you do not comply with this regulation".

18 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What did the Cardiff fan expect? How did she manage to buy a ticket in the home end if she was a Cardiff fan? 

Wills isn't wearing a Villa shirt in the photos

Oh I quite agree- they deserved to be given the old heave- ho from the Hawthorns. As for how- people find ways, though in the case of the Cardiff fans I'm struggling to see given he was daft enough to wear a Cardiff shirt openly!!

No he isn't, but at the same time a Leeds fan or party were (rightly) ejected from AG for kid wearing Leeds socks in the home end. He's President of the FA though so it could've caused a few problems...as well as his main job of course!

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They were in the home end

Whilst I do not have a problem welcoming the future heir to our throne and his family to Carrow Road, I found it strange that he was allowed to sit with his family in an area of the Jarrold stand which is clearly singled outside as a section for "Home Fans Only" adding on the sign "You will be ejected from the ground if you do not comply with this regulation".

Okay, that clears that one up- still wasn't wholly clear from the pictures.

Just another reason to dislike Aston Villa- hope they crash and burn firstly with relegation, then with a final FFP reckoning.

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why's that then?

I understand the age argument but otoh...

If pretty well anyone else went in a home end even with a kid wearing a shirt of the opposition- bye bye.

Would YOU take on the Royal protection team?  

There is probably a law against taking firearms into a football stadium too.

And why the **** do they support Villa?

27 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Would YOU take on the Royal protection team?  

There is probably a law against taking firearms into a football stadium too.

Well quite- they had no choice- doesn't mean I agree with it however.

Indeed- another one waived I suspect?

Why does Cameron purportedly? Vanilla club, vanilla fans...would've been interesting had that fan moaning in the press indeed reported them for being in the wrong end. :thumbsup:

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Why does Prince William support Aston Villa?

Ahead of Villa's FA Cup defeat to Arsenal in May 2015, he spoke to BBC presenter Gary Linker about his Villa allegiance.

Prince William said: “A long time ago at school I got into football big time. I was looking around for clubs. All my friends at school were either Man United fans or Chelsea fans and I didn’t want to follow the run of the mill teams.

“I wanted to have a team that was more mid-table that could give me more emotional rollercoaster moments.

“Aston Villa’s always had a great history. I have got friends of mine who support Aston Villa and one of the first FA Cup games I went to was Bolton v Aston Villa back in 2000. Sadly, Villa went on to lose to Chelsea.

“It was fantastic, I sat with all the fans with my red beanie on, and I was sat with all the Brummie fans and had a great time.

“It was the atmosphere, the camaraderie and I really felt that there was something I could connect with.”

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Why does Prince William support Aston Villa?

Ahead of Villa's FA Cup defeat to Arsenal in May 2015, he spoke to BBC presenter Gary Linker about his Villa allegiance.

Prince William said: “A long time ago at school I got into football big time. I was looking around for clubs. All my friends at school were either Man United fans or Chelsea fans and I didn’t want to follow the run of the mill teams.

“I wanted to have a team that was more mid-table that could give me more emotional rollercoaster moments.

“Aston Villa’s always had a great history. I have got friends of mine who support Aston Villa and one of the first FA Cup games I went to was Bolton v Aston Villa back in 2000. Sadly, Villa went on to lose to Chelsea.

“It was fantastic, I sat with all the fans with my red beanie on, and I was sat with all the Brummie fans and had a great time.

“It was the atmosphere, the camaraderie and I really felt that there was something I could connect with.”

Sounds like any of us that support city rather than the Bristolians that support Liverpool Man utd despite never having been anywhere near either place, good on him I say he certainly can't be described as a glory hunter can he.

Wrong area of the ground? Portman Road has only one area for disabled fans. My wheelchair bound brother lives in Ipswich and I took him in there.

When City scored I cheered and stood up. He warned me to be quiet or we'd both be ejected as although it was a disabled area, visiting fans were allowed in, but not expected to celebrate.

37 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Too late, it was done earlier in the thread.

What was? And what's the difference between you're, and your? I'm a little confused. I mean I know there is a difference between your and you're but why was you're written twice in a row before the your?

38 minutes ago, pillred said:

What was? And what's the difference between you're, and your? I'm a little confused. I mean I know there is a difference between your and you're but why was you're written twice in a row before the your?

Nomination for pedants corner?....I think so.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why's that then?

I understand the age argument but otoh...

If pretty well anyone else went in a home end even with a kid wearing a shirt of the opposition- bye bye.

Quite so Mr P. That Leeds following plum from Cornwall babbyassing that him and his lickle boy were shown the door at AG got short shrift on here,

Royals should have shown some respect to their hosts for the day.

At rugby games - and also non league football - and in all other sports, supporters just mix and mingle ... if football fans could just behave and not behave as idiots and BREXIT supporters as most are (ie. English Democrats) things might work.  Bottom line - average football fan is an idiot ... FACT!  It happened wherever England played last night and will always happen ... 

23 minutes ago, swampy said:

At rugby games - and also non league football - and in all other sports, supporters just mix and mingle ... if football fans could just behave and not behave as idiots and BREXIT supporters as most are (ie. English Democrats) things might work.  Bottom line - average football fan is an idiot ... FACT!  It happened wherever England played last night and will always happen ... 

**** off you sad little ****

Archived