IGNORED

If your a Prince your allowed to wear your away shirt in the home section

Never to the dark side

On 12/10/2019 at 18:08, swampy said:

At rugby games - and also non league football - and in all other sports, supporters just mix and mingle ... if football fans could just behave and not behave as idiots and BREXIT supporters as most are (ie. English Democrats) things might work.  Bottom line - average football fan is an idiot ... FACT!  It happened wherever England played last night and will always happen ... 

You are an utter tit.

Worst agro at AG in years involved rugby fans and Cardiff OB always dread international weekends far more than a Cardiff home game.

As for your stupid political statements **** off and block the M32 don't infest a football forum.

At rugby games - and also non league football - and in all other sports, supporters just mix and mingle ... if football fans could just behave and not behave as idiots and BREXIT supporters as most are (ie. English Democrats) things might work.  Bottom line - average football fan is an idiot ... FACT!  It happened wherever England played last night and will always happen ... 

Go and play with traffic you ***.

Alas you are right.

• Admin

I have witnessed worse fighting at rugby than football, the thing is it doesn't make headlines because it doesn't sell papers

But hey don't let facts get in the way of your usually twisted nonsense

Bottom line - the average OTIB user couldnt give a **** what you think.

Move on sunshine.

I think the WBA reaction was pretty ridiculous to be honest. 

OK, you can’t allow groups of aggressive away fans to barge into the home end and look for trouble - or even light heartedly banter with Home fans.

But this is obviously a naive harmless middle class married couple who aren’t up to speed with football terrace culture, and one is from Wales and the other from West Brom. What are they supposed to do, celebrate their anniversary in separate stands?

Agree it was naive for him to wear an away shirt. However, he was clearly not out to create a problem, and offered to remove or cover the shirt. To eject the couple, with no options, was very harsh.

On 10/10/2019 at 15:49, pillred said:

What was? And what's the difference between you're, and your? I'm a little confused. I mean I know there is a difference between your and you're but why was you're written twice in a row before the your?

Simple . It’s how the three uses of YOUR in the thread title should have appeared - you’re, you’re, your.

38 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think the WBA reaction was pretty ridiculous to be honest. 

OK, you can’t allow groups of aggressive away fans to barge into the home end and look for trouble - or even light heartedly banter with Home fans.

But this is obviously a naive harmless middle class married couple who aren’t up to speed with football terrace culture, and one is from Wales and the other from West Brom. What are they supposed to do, celebrate their anniversary in separate stands?

Agree it was naive for him to wear an away shirt. However, he was clearly not out to create a problem, and offered to remove or cover the shirt. To eject the couple, with no options, was very harsh.

It would've caused potential issues IMO- I get the context around it and why someone may feel hard done by- but you cannot take chances because once spotted it only might take one person and it causes issues.

Could've been done had he showed up wearing no colours or at the bare minimum, covered it up from minute one. Open coat policy, well it's a bit nippy you wear it under a jumper or something at minimum and keep it perfectly hidden.

Do you remember a game vs Leeds in 2011?

Much more recently, do you remember the Leeds game in March 2019? Club socks- an eagle-eyed steward that day by the sound of it!

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It would've caused potential issues IMO- I get the context around it and why someone may feel hard done by- but you cannot take chances because once spotted it only might take one person and it causes issues.

Could've been done had he showed up wearing no colours or at the bare minimum, covered it up from minute one. Open coat policy, well it's a bit nippy you wear it under a jumper or something at minimum and keep it perfectly hidden.

Do you remember a game vs Leeds in 2011?

Much more recently, do you remember the Leeds game in March 2019? Club socks- an eagle-eyed steward that day by the sound of it!

It's a pity we can't judge people by their demeanour - though I accept that's impractical. I just think that one clearly well behaved couple should be allowed to remain if the shirt is covered up. Otherwise what does it say about the people around them, that could be "provoked" by one away fan who wouldn't say boo to a goose?

41 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It's a pity we can't judge people by their demeanour - though I accept that's impractical. I just think that one clearly well behaved couple should be allowed to remain if the shirt is covered up. Otherwise what does it say about the people around them, that could be "provoked" by one away fan who wouldn't say boo to a goose?

The problem is it isn't just how they would react but how home fans might too. I get why it sounds - and maybe is- unfair but, to be fair the stewards view would presumably be that they could not guarantee the safety of someone known to be an away fan sat in the home end and the club aren't going to want to be in a position where they could be held liable for the publicity or legal consequences if something goes wrong. It is massively harsh on the fan in question but, once he's worn the away shirt in the home end, the stewards' options are going to be limited, especially as they aren't likely to have the power to make a discretionary one-off decision to let someone stay without risking their jobs if that proves to be the wrong decision.

It is a shame though. I was in Bilbao the other week and went to Bilbao v Alaves. I really surprised by both how casually fans from both teams mixed with each other prior to kick off and also how a number of Alaves fans in shirts on were sat in the home section. I don't know if it is different against a team like Sociedad, would be the main rival, but it does make you realise that the idea that away fans cannot sit amongst home fans is not a universal thing.

45 minutes ago, Leveller said:

That person could have jumped up and down fist pumping etc etc if he was as naive as you say had "his " team scored.

That would seriously irritate me to be honest.

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

That person could have jumped up and down fist pumping etc etc if he was as naive as you say had "his " team scored.

That would seriously irritate me to be honest.

Does it generally irritate you that people support other clubs? It would be odd if they didn’t. Personally I could sit in a mixed crowd without wanting to hit away fans. 

On 10/10/2019 at 16:57, Loon plage said:

Quite so Mr P. That Leeds following plum from Cornwall babbyassing that him and his lickle boy were shown the door at AG got short shrift on here,

Royals should have shown some respect to their hosts for the day.

Yep, agreed with this LP. Additionally, the past history meant the club and stewards had to be shit hot that day- and I certainly believe they did all they could on that front in March.

My personal view is that they (the Royals) should strictly have had to stayed in a box if indeed this was applicable here or at the very most the external seats on the box- like the Heineken lounge has some seats that are outside the box but part of the stand I believe?

Where it goes too far even in this case is I think when they're beyond that point and in the actual stand itself. Maybe colours even his in that box but certainly beyond it!

Archived