IGNORED

Brownhill for England...maybe

asfred

27 minutes ago, redapple said:

Why not? Massive energy, superb close control, good passer, great shot , tackles well and winning attitude. 

It’s funny how we all see things differently, don’t personally see his shooting as great as he doesn’t hit the target enough. Touch wise is inconsistent, often on the stretch after his second touch. Agree with energy, ok passer, ok tackler & seemingly good attitude. What I will add, is that I think he has the ability to improve on all the points I’ve made, there is potentially a Premier player in there. Hope he becomes it with City. COYR 

The BIGGEST concern, is they want 40p for a days access if you use an ad blocker.

Now, I'm sympathetic to the fact it costs money to host, run, and populate a website with content... BUT... Bristol Post website?

If they all played a similar game, I would consider not using it. But them Bristol Post pop ups and nonsense... I'd rather keep it enabled.

I blame the Bristol Post!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The Derby centre back?  I assume they think Webster isn’t English ???

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

That’s what I put as my reply to the idiot! (Basically).

But the link was about ‘championship players’ who could play for England? Isn’t Webster a premier league player ..? Or have I stumbled into a ‘side conversation’ ?! Apologies if so ...

2 hours ago, redapple said:

Why not? Massive energy, superb close control, good passer, great shot , tackles well and winning attitude. 

Massengo is making him look good is all I can think. Out of the two of them, it’s already clear who is more likely to have a successful international career.

24 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Massengo is making him look good is all I can think. Out of the two of them, it’s already clear who is more likely to have a successful international career.

I see it another way.

Massengo is making him look very ordinary.

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But the link was about ‘championship players’ who could play for England? Isn’t Webster a premier league player ..? Or have I stumbled into a ‘side conversation’ ?! Apologies if so ...

But surely if Clarke is England material, would Brighton not of had the foresight to keep Clarke at Brighton & send Webster out on loan?

It’s pointless naming the best Championship players when there are much better players already in the Premier League imo.

They have got caught up in these players that have come down from the Premier League on loan & now gone back to their parent club & been called up, the majority of which that probably wouldn’t of got a look in if Chelsea didn’t have their transfer ban (also my opinion) but could anyone really see Tomori, Mount & Abraham getting much of a look in at Chelsea if they had been allowed to carry on spending £100m+ again & again.

Clarke has been far from a standout this season, so for anyone to think he’s in with a chance of an England call up anytime soon is more than a little deluded (again in my opinion).

Taylor Moore has as much Championship / Premier League experience as Clarke & has a larger performance ceiling I would suggest. But then I guess every club could name their young English players if that’s all the requirement is but is Clarke anywhere near as good as Tomori? Most definitely not.

18 hours ago, Simon79 said:

It’s funny how we all see things differently, don’t personally see his shooting as great as he doesn’t hit the target enough. Touch wise is inconsistent, often on the stretch after his second touch. Agree with energy, ok passer, ok tackler & seemingly good attitude. What I will add, is that I think he has the ability to improve on all the points I’ve made, there is potentially a Premier player in there. Hope he becomes it with City. COYR 

I should have put ‘he’s got a good shot within him’, but it’s gone missing of late. 

17 hours ago, reddogkev said:

What if an all Championship England side was picked, say for a friendly or a new tournament competing against international teams from their respective 2nd tier leagues?  Would Brownhill make that team?

Would be like the old England B team days.

My team and I’ve probably forgotten someone major!

Bentley

Furlong. White Davies Bryan

Ralls. Phillips. Pearson 

Bowen.  Grant.  Diangana

Ive probably missed someone.  It’s arguable that Dasilva, Brownhill and Ollie Watkins could be included in that team. 

Watkins for Diangana and Taylor Moore for White if not allowed loans!

19 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

But surely if Clarke is England material, would Brighton not of had the foresight to keep Clarke at Brighton & send Webster out on loan?

It’s pointless naming the best Championship players when there are much better players already in the Premier League imo.

They have got caught up in these players that have come down from the Premier League on loan & now gone back to their parent club & been called up, the majority of which that probably wouldn’t of got a look in if Chelsea didn’t have their transfer ban (also my opinion) but could anyone really see Tomori, Mount & Abraham getting much of a look in at Chelsea if they had been allowed to carry on spending £100m+ again & again.

Clarke has been far from a standout this season, so for anyone to think he’s in with a chance of an England call up anytime soon is more than a little deluded (again in my opinion).

Taylor Moore has as much Championship / Premier League experience as Clarke & has a larger performance ceiling I would suggest. But then I guess every club could name their young English players if that’s all the requirement is but is Clarke anywhere near as good as Tomori? Most definitely not.

And mine too....has hardly set Derby on fire has he.

If Jordan Henderson is an England international then Josh is a shoe in. That bloke is an absolute waste of time. I have no idea what managers and pundits see in him. He seems to be teflon coated as every England game I watch he's crap (well to be more balanced certainly no more than average) and no-one seems to mention it.

8 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

If Jordan Henderson is an England international then Josh is a shoe in. That bloke is an absolute waste of time. I have no idea what managers and pundits see in him. He seems to be teflon coated as every England game I watch he's crap (well to be more balanced certainly no more than average) and no-one seems to mention it.

I’m a Henderson fan and would play him but he is not at his best alongside another defensive midfielder.  He is very good at the base of a midfield three.  Henderson at the base (or Winks if one prefers) and then two more attacking midfielders ahead of him. My preference is Maddison and Ox.  

It won’t be long before Foden is given a go though and he is top drawer.  I’m not too worried after one result and still think come next summer we will do very well if Southgate gets tactics correct

So Klopp picks a waste of time as captain?

You are deluded comparing Brownhill to Henderson. I guess Klopp is clueless then?

The way Liverpool play absolutely suits Henderson and Henderson suits them. Usually some simple passing options for him like Salah very wide right or Trent high up or Robertson in space on left to switch play to. Firminho coming very deep. 

For England last night he was attempting difficult through passes that were not coming off. And it was down to him and Rice to build attacks. Henderson is better wide right of a 3 in midfield.

On Brownhill one day possibly playing for England. I don't know why people laugh at the suggestion. The amount of times people laugh at an idea on here to be proven wrong. 

Idon't think he will as there are quite a lot of very good young ones coming through that i think will go on to be better than Brownhill.

But look at some of the players that have played for England over the years. How can anyone laugh at the suggestion of a top quality midfielder at 23 in the championship going on to play for England.

Over the last 10 years or so if an English player was playing regular prem football then they would usually be called up to England squad because we lacked numbers playing top flight football.

Don't people think Brownhill will go on to be a decent prem player? I certainly do. He's still improving from what I see each season making improvements.

So like I say, if an England player does play regularly in the prem then over the years they have had a good chance of being in England squad. I do see that changing though with teams giving more English players a chance now. The standard of English players is improving. So no I don't think he will play for England, but hardly a crazy shout.

Archived