IGNORED

Lois Diony incredible

Major Isewater

The lad started thirty games in Ligue 1 last season and scored five goals .

He has been described by one commentator as ‘ the worst player in the division ‘ .

St Étienne will look to offload him this season with interest , apparently, and staggeringly from abroad !

The player reportedly  earns 

90,000€ a month not counting bonuses .

:shocking:

Don’t think we’ll have the pleasure of seeing him ever again in a City shirt . 

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He has been described by one commentator as ‘ the worst player in the division ‘ .

St Étienne will look to offload him this season with interest , apparently, and staggeringly from abroad !

Mods this is in the ‘ transfer section ‘ by error could you please move it to the main forum to avoid heart attacks , thank you .

On 09/10/2019 at 22:23, Major Isewater said:

Unless WhoScored is wrong, it was 19 starts and 11 sub apps.

1 assist too.

Not much better I'll grant you but worst in the division?

His DIjon record though actually looked rather strong! Again WhoScored, dunno how reliable but..one thing for sure, the reason St Etienne signed him was because of 2016/17.

2016/2017 Dijon FL1 31(4) 2815 11 8 2 1 1.7 72.4 1 3 6.91

Oh yeah, the categories are starts (sub appearances), total minutes, goals, assists, yellow cards, red cards, shots per game, Passing Accuracy, Aerial Duels won per game, MOTM awards and average (WhoScored) rating.

None of the 11 goals penalties either which only helps. Like I say strong record in a struggling side.

The French Watkins?

Marinovic wasn’t dire. He fluffed 3 kicks, two because he surely can’t have been used to the pace of the championship and the quality of the strikers. Made a few good saves, commanded the area, would’ve kept a clean sheet if Lloyd Kelly hadn’t smashed one in his own net.

Granted he wasn’t the level of Niki or Bentley, but he wasn’t dire.

23 minutes ago, grifty said:

Marinovic wasn’t dire. He fluffed 3 kicks, two because he surely can’t have been used to the pace of the championship and the quality of the strikers. Made a few good saves, commanded the area, would’ve kept a clean sheet if Lloyd Kelly hadn’t smashed one in his own net.

He will go down as the worst first touch ive seen for two reasons.

His first touch when controling the ball was horrific. 

His first touch of a ball in a City shirt was one of the worst your ever likely to see.

Could of been nerves. Could of been the step up. Thankfully my heart rate never had to contend with a pass back to him ever again.

1 hour ago, grifty said:

he was absolutely ******* dreadful, first player i've seen pretty much single handedly cost us winning a game since Hunt vs Leeds in 2010

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Imagine writing that sentence 

20 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unless WhoScored is wrong, it was 19 starts and 11 sub apps.

1 assist too.

Not much better I'll grant you but worst in the division?

His DIjon record though actually looked rather strong! Again WhoScored, dunno how reliable but..one thing for sure, the reason St Etienne signed him was because of 2016/17.

2016/2017 Dijon FL1 31(4) 2815 11 8 2 1 1.7 72.4 1 3 6.91

Oh yeah, the categories are starts (sub appearances), total minutes, goals, assists, yellow cards, red cards, shots per game, Passing Accuracy, Aerial Duels won per game, MOTM awards and average (WhoScored) rating.

None of the 11 goals penalties either which only helps. Like I say strong record in a struggling side.

The French Watkins?

He was their second or third top scorer in a campaign where they reached Europa League spots. He isn’t great but I am sure if he’d have been a summer signing he’d have been more successful here. Probably better than Diedhiou with how we play now

He came into a team struggling to keep momentum going and was low on confidence himself. I won’t argue against anyone who says he was dreadful because he was. Just think it was wrong place and wrong time. 

GK is probably one of the hardest positions to come into ‘cold’ if you like after not playing a while. At least as a player you can run around get stuck in and tackle and you are likely to see the ball. In goal I think the pace of the game could really catch you off guard until it’s too late, plus you might try and put yourself about abit too much just to get that touch or that save to settle yourself down. SM did not cost us that game. LJ should have used better judgement and not chucked him in however.

diony is an interesting one, his record that has been called so terrible by the French reminds me of bobby Reid’s in the peen.. not awful but not setting anything on fire either. He clearly isn’t a top level player and sounds like Ligue 2 is about right. Didn’t work out here but that’s the way it goes.

37 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

GK is probably one of the hardest positions to come into ‘cold’ if you like after not playing a while. At least as a player you can run around get stuck in and tackle and you are likely to see the ball. In goal I think the pace of the game could really catch you off guard until it’s too late, plus you might try and put yourself about abit too much just to get that touch or that save to settle yourself down. SM did not cost us that game. LJ should have used better judgement and not chucked him in however.

diony is an interesting one, his record that has been called so terrible by the French reminds me of bobby Reid’s in the peen.. not awful but not setting anything on fire either. He clearly isn’t a top level player and sounds like Ligue 2 is about right. Didn’t work out here but that’s the way it goes.

On the strength of his Dijon season, a respectable Ligue 1 striker is about right- 11 goals, 8 assists- record can be seen on WhoScored.

Post then possibly Ligue 2 yes.

20 hours ago, petehinton said:

he was absolutely ******* dreadful, first player i've seen pretty much single handedly cost us winning a game since Hunt vs Leeds in 2010

How?

He played in 1 game for us which we drew 1-1 ( I think) and the goal we conceded was an own goal from Kelly.

How did he single handedly cost us winning a game?

I would say Fielding chopping down a Wolves player at 1-0 up, getting sent off and us losing 2-1 was worse

4 hours ago, grifty said:

How?

He played in 1 game for us which we drew 1-1 ( I think) and the goal we conceded was an own goal from Kelly.

How did he single handedly cost us winning a game?

I would say Fielding chopping down a Wolves player at 1-0 up, getting sent off and us losing 2-1 was worse

It’s not just about goals conceded, it’s aboit how it effects the team overall. No one wanted to pass back to him, no one trusted him, he flapped at everything, kicked multiple balls out of play. There’s a reason he wasn’t even on the bench toward the end

Archived