IGNORED

Lois Diony incredible

Major Isewater

On 14/10/2019 at 16:12, grifty said:

Marinovic wasn’t dire. He fluffed 3 kicks, two because he surely can’t have been used to the pace of the championship and the quality of the strikers. Made a few good saves, commanded the area, would’ve kept a clean sheet if Lloyd Kelly hadn’t smashed one in his own net.

Granted he wasn’t the level of Niki or Bentley, but he wasn’t dire.

Have we all forgotten Mike Hooper?

If I remember correctly his first and only game was against Rovers? I will always remember his yellow gloves or marigolds!

We'll never know if Marinovic just had a terrible debut game but was there a decent keeper who'd just lost match practice and went to pieces after a bad start. We can't say he'd come good either. But we are judging him on 90 minutes.

Diony made 7 appearances for us and was dreadful in every one.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

It’s not just about goals conceded, it’s aboit how it effects the team overall. No one wanted to pass back to him, no one trusted him, he flapped at everything, kicked multiple balls out of play. There’s a reason he wasn’t even on the bench toward the end

You know that could be Fielding you are describing?

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

It’s not just about goals conceded, it’s aboit how it effects the team overall. No one wanted to pass back to him, no one trusted him, he flapped at everything, kicked multiple balls out of play. There’s a reason he wasn’t even on the bench toward the end

He didn’t flap at everything Pete.  He flapped at one cross that got skied into the air in very, very windy conditions.

He actually made a few saves, yes saves you’d expect him to make, but importantly a couple of them he pushed away from trouble.

Yep, he had a shocker with his feet.  Why did Johnson pick him so soon after arriving when Max had been decent enough?

But he didn’t cost us a win.  We played in fits and starts that night, Ipswich dominated for periods....Chalobah dominating at times.

To blame our keeper when an own goal (not blaming Lloyd either) cost a clean sheet and a probably an undeserved 1-0 win, is harsh imho.

I think some of the signings between 2010-2013 have been worse than Diony to be honest.

Think people say he was the worst because of how recent it was. I definitely haven’t forgotten the likes of Styvar, Hunt, Bates, McManus, McGivern, Kilkenny, Stewart. 

All of which are right up there.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I think some of the signings between 2010-2013 have been worse than Diony to be honest.

Think people say he was the worst because of how recent it was. I definitely haven’t forgotten the likes of Styvar, Hunt, Bates, McManus, McGivern, Kilkenny, Stewart. 

All of which are right up there.

Kilkenny qualifies as my least favourite City player of all time. I couldn’t dislike Diony that much!

Problem with Diony is that he seemed decent at Dijon but hasn’t been able to cut the mustard anywhere else...

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Kilkenny qualifies as my least favourite City player of all time. I couldn’t dislike Diony that much!

Problem with Diony is that he seemed decent at Dijon but hasn’t been able to cut the mustard anywhere else...

Admit it - you've been waiting for the best part of a year to use that one haven't you.....

:disapointed2se:

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He didn’t flap at everything Pete.  He flapped at one cross that got skied into the air in very, very windy conditions.

He actually made a few saves, yes saves you’d expect him to make, but importantly a couple of them he pushed away from trouble.

Yep, he had a shocker with his feet.  Why did Johnson pick him so soon after arriving when Max had been decent enough?

But he didn’t cost us a win.  We played in fits and starts that night, Ipswich dominated for periods....Chalobah dominating at times.

To blame our keeper when an own goal (not blaming Lloyd either) cost a clean sheet and a probably an undeserved 1-0 win, is harsh imho.

Stop hitting me with balanced thoughts and facts when I’m trying to bend everything to fit my agenda after a post I made when I was in a shit mood

??

all I’ll say is I’m ******* glad we have Bentley an Marinovic is as far away from us as geographically possible

24 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That goalie we had on loan from leicester, ben hamer was worse.

Im sure let in ten goals in 2 games or something like that?

That comment led me to the Wikipedia page for the 2015/16 season. Fair to say we utilised the loan market that season...

Lee Tomlin (on loan from Bournemouth)
Alex Pearce (on loan from Derby County)
Nathan Baker (on loan from Aston Villa)
Adam Matthews (on loan from Sunderland)
Ben Gladwin (on loan from Queens Park Rangers)
Callum Robinson (on loan from Aston Villa)
Simon Cox (on loan from Reading)
Elliott Bennett (on loan from Norwich City)
Liam Moore (on loan from Leicester City)
Ben Hamer (on loan from Leicester City)

And, who the hell was Harry Loader, that played for us 7 times, and scored twice? :dunno:

42 FW England Harry Loader (on free from Watford F.C.) 7 2 3+4 2 0+0 0 0+0 0

33 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

That comment led me to the Wikipedia page for the 2015/16 season. Fair to say we utilised the loan market that season...

And, who the hell was Harry Loader, that played for us 7 times, and scored twice? :dunno:

Never heard of him. What a loader bullocks...

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Harry Loader is probably a 14-year-old who has edited that Wiki page for fun.

There again, I'm not sure I remember Alex Pearce or Ben Gladwin here either, so what do I know?

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

He was a free loader .

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Harry Loader is probably a 14-year-old who has edited that Wiki page for fun.

There again, I'm not sure I remember Alex Pearce or Ben Gladwin here either, so what do I know?

Pearce was a centre back who if I remember correctly wasn’t too bad.

Ben Gladwin rings no bells at all though...

33 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Pearce was a centre back who if I remember correctly wasn’t too bad.

Ben Gladwin rings no bells at all though...

He was in quite a good Swindon side ( can’t believe I said that ) and we were , allegedly, in for him before he went to QPR.

If I recall correctly he played one game for us , looked tidy then got injured and we never saw him again.

On 09/10/2019 at 22:23, Major Isewater said:

The lad started thirty games in Ligue 1 last season and scored five goals .

He has been described by one commentator as ‘ the worst player in the division ‘ .

St Étienne will look to offload him this season with interest , apparently, and staggeringly from abroad !

The player reportedly  earns 

90,000€ a month not counting bonuses .

:shocking:

Don’t think we’ll have the pleasure of seeing him ever again in a City shirt . 

Surely he should be prosecuted for impersonating a footballer?...............If he can get away with it?, Good Luck to him.   I guess It's the clubs that employ him who are the fools?

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Surely he should be prosecuted for impersonating a footballer?...............If he can get away with it?, Good Luck to him.   I guess It's the clubs that employ him who are the fools?

Last 2 full seasons in Ligue 1.

16 goals, 9 assists- none of which penalties. Hardly that bad. Think it was 11 and 8, 5 and 1 respectively.

Archived