IGNORED

Basketball/Hotel Arena

beaverface

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Funnily enough I was thinking about this earlier as I was in Wickes. All seems to have gone very quiet  

Same with the Brabazon hangar arena out at Filton, what is it about Bristol that things take an age or usually get quietly forgotten about?

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Same with the Brabazon hangar arena out at Filton, what is it about Bristol that things take an age or usually get quietly forgotten about?

You are right like the.bloody road work's  had to take granddaughter to childrens hospital for a check up nightmare in and back 

2 hours ago, pillred said:

I love Bristol to bits, but development and progression do not feature in the mission statement of our City Planning Department.

There have only been 2 iconic builds in Bristol in the last 160 years..... Ashton Gate and the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We still don't need a basketball arena. It will affect the money available for the football club.

Not in a negative way, the amount of money Lansdown can contribute to football matters is limited, as for general wise for the club its not like he's already funding a new training ground or anything....

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The cost for the development is hughe and with don't need the extra conference area. Especially not not on the peek of economy and Brexit on the cards.    

Don’t worry tommy boy......stevie knows what he’s doing, I mean....he’s only a self made billionaire 

4 minutes ago, T R said:

Thanks guys i've lost track of motor racing looks like I got some catching up to do. I did wonder if Bristol sport will think of building a racing track around Ashton Gate

Nah......he should save that for Ashton vale, that’ll teach em

34 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We still don't need a basketball arena. It will affect the money available for the football club.

No it won't.

SL could break FFFP regulations and it wouldn't make a dent in his wallet.

The arena may also be built before Backhander superdome in Filton and would therefore provide a much bigger concert venue that is currently in Bristol.

It would be multi purpose so a good thing and fuckall to do with the football club.

Presumably you also resent the rugby club then ? You know, the team that will get 27,000 for the first league game of the season.....

Archived