IGNORED

Basketball/Hotel Arena

beaverface

3 hours ago, pillred said:

Same with the Brabazon hangar arena out at Filton, what is it about Bristol that things take an age or usually get quietly forgotten about?

No. There's significant actual cash behind this with a realistic plan. 

Planning approval isn't optional and the AG Stadium people have been meeting other stakeholders regularly.  This includes housing providers re:- the flats. 

It's a much bigger undertaking than what was done to the stadium 

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Still looked in planning and tied up in consultations back in July - not seen anything since. 

I picked up a consultant from AG who works for SL on this project back in the summer and he said that BCC planning department might as well not exist. “Never anybody there. Always off sick, on holiday or unavailable” 

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Dino Zamparelli is driving in the Porsche Carrera Cup. Don't think he's sponsored by Bristol Sport any more. 

He went to school with Joe Bryan and Joe Lansdown and watches us when he is not racing.

2 hours ago, redapple said:

I picked up a consultant from AG who works for SL on this project back in the summer and he said that BCC planning department might as well not exist. “Never anybody there. Always off sick, on holiday or unavailable” 

I expect they`ve all been told to prioritise the biggest project to hit Bristol for decades and everything else is on the back burner.

The new g*s stadium on the fruit  market.

7 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The cost for the development is hughe and with don't need the extra conference area. Especially not not on the peek of economy and with Brexit on the cards.    

You're wrong but to be fair, you're wrong about a lot of things so carry on.

11 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We still don't need a basketball arena. It will affect the money available for the football club.

I’ve always had you down as just a bit of a drunken idiot. 

But thanks for clarifying that you are, actually, just an idiot. 

14 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I love Bristol to bits, but development and progression do not feature in the mission statement of our City Planning Department.

There have only been 2 iconic builds in Bristol in the last 160 years..... Ashton Gate and the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

Maybe not as landmark, but the development of the dock area after it was closed as a working port must count too. Having said that I remember my father taking me into the council offices to view a diorama of how the area would look.

From memory it’s pretty close, however l was 8 years old and it was 1970! 

#thesethingstaketime :)

Regarding the training ground; As I drive past the site, there large fenced compound  area with portacabins and the like that’s appeared over recent months, but no actual works seem to have started, albeit I’m not sure if I’d see anything anyway. 

Firstly. Anyone know if part of the development is to be in the field directly adjacent to the road or is it happening in the field behind the field? so to speak. 

Secondly. Knowing that most of us haven’t got anything better to do, any chance that the club can set up a webcam so we can watch it go up? Alternatively of course, we could always tap into Bielsa’s one that’s already there. 

16 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How much they paying you? 

Nowhere near enough. 

Incidentally, unconnected, I think that Andrew Billingham, who I’m sure was involved in the initial stadium rebuild, is now in charge of the YTL development of the Brabazon hangar at Filton. 

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Nowhere near enough. 

Incidentally, unconnected, I think that Andrew Billingham, who I’m sure was involved in the initial stadium rebuild, is now in charge of the YTL development of the Brabazon hangar at Filton. 

The name seems familiar. What’s the plan with the Brabazon?

14 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Can't wait for the basketball arena (though I'll have to).  Will go along if it's by the Gate.

New training facility is a massive step forward for the club.  The main place of work for the players, so a huge positive in attracting the best.  

Why not take in a game at the SGS Wise whilst you’re waiting.  Cracking 20 point win over Plymouth....very niggly Derby last night.

3 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Regarding the training ground; As I drive past the site, there large fenced compound  area with portacabins and the like that’s appeared over recent months, but no actual works seem to have started, albeit I’m not sure if I’d see anything anyway. 

Firstly. Anyone know if part of the development is to be in the field directly adjacent to the road or is it happening in the field behind the field? so to speak. 

Secondly. Knowing that most of us haven’t got anything better to do, any chance that the club can set up a webcam so we can watch it go up? Alternatively of course, we could always tap into Bielsa’s one that’s already there. 

I believe this.

22 hours ago, pillred said:

Same with the Brabazon hangar arena out at Filton, what is it about Bristol that things take an age or usually get quietly forgotten about?

Come on . 

Bristol City council can't handle both things at once .

They can't sort Bristol's clean air policy , for the government yet. 

1 hour ago, hollydog said:

You can’t actually blame the Council regarding this as no planning application has yet been submitted. As a previous poster notes, these type of development projects take a long time. 

Certainly will require a top project and site Management team for the variety of buildings in the plans. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why not take in a game at the SGS Wise whilst you’re waiting.  Cracking 20 point win over Plymouth....very niggly Derby last night.

I agree with Dave.

Get in before the move, see where it started and then where it ends up, be a part of the story.

On 11/10/2019 at 15:55, bristolcitysweden said:

We still don't need a basketball arena. It will affect the money available for the football club.

I come from Bristol, I’ve lived here all my 40 years, and anything which makes this great City better for everyone is good in my books, there’s more to life than football and a lot of people who don’t like football will benefit from the arena

39 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I come from Bristol, I’ve lived here all my 40 years, and anything which makes this great City better for everyone is good in my books, there’s more to life than football and a lot of people who don’t like football will benefit from the arena

Tommy is presumably using the royal "we" in his post, maybe they have enough decent basketball arenas where he lives? 

On 11/10/2019 at 15:43, bristolcitysweden said:

We don't need a basketball arena. Happy with the slowness of the process. Thank you Bristol Sport for your (in)competence.

How negative ..I.think its a great project it will add loads to the area, basketball, concert arena or conference whatever, think Bristol Sport is great always see the wider picture ...things have moved on from just a football club...

I have no interest in Basketball , when it comes to the Gate I will probably have a look though. 
I heard some of the original plans included taking the fan park, or some of it under cover. This would be part of the new build, allowing use of toilets etc. Hopefully it might include a bigger shop for all 3 clubs, and the proposed parking will help many. Don't really see a down side. 
No, WE don't NEED a Basketball arena, but it could help the club and improve the match day experience (bloody hell I sound like Mark Ashton :facepalm: ) for the fans. Plus they sell out most weeks I believe, gives more people a chance to see them, and some may be tempted to come see a proper game......

Sorry @Davefevs :laughcont:

Archived