IGNORED

Basketball/Hotel Arena

beaverface

Typical Bristol. Plans scaled back because of concerns from local residents? Heights reduced and more open spaces because of these concerns from local residents. What bloody local residents? There is a football stadium and a retail park between this development and any residential homes. Ridiculous. 

The area has a number of tall buildings so it wouldnt be put of character. Know one can seriously look at those plans and say they are put of keeping with the area. This is why **** all ever gets built in Bristol. Far too many nimbeys who dont have a clue what they are talking about. They suddenly believe they are planning experts. Why would there being more open spaces affect someone that isnt going to live there? It's not like they are building over a open space is it? In fact any open space is a vast improvement to what is currently there. 

I could actually understand if in that article it said people raised concerns about traffic, that's a valid reason, but no, that's not even mentioned! Yet heights and open spaces are. That's Bristol for you!

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ours is probably the smallest / joint smallest “arena”.  But it’s always full (750).  London City Royals have had crowds around the 250 Mark I think (at the old Crystal Palace arena).

Glasgow and Keicester are well supported.  Newcastle just moved into new arena.

@TBW

What capacity are the rest of the bbl?

As for Flyers, growing it, think they need to consider linking home games with Bears and City to maximise the “day out” experience?

Glasgow are well supported but unfortunately for them very far away from the rest of the league.

Leicester get alright crowds but never sell out, their primary audience is aging too. They're trying to get more kids and families interested but it's slow work.

You're correct though on venue, Manchester's venue is also around 750. Most have up to 1,500 with Worcester and Leicester's 2,000-2,400 being a good spot to be able to have a small amount of growth. London Lions' venue is too much and if (when) the Royals fold I can see them taking Crystal Palace instead.

In practice the idea of having Flyers games immediately after Bears/City games is a really good idea because people can hang around, get a few more drinks and the watch more sport but there's one point in there that stands out... "get a few more drinks".

If the City game finishes at 16:30 and the Flyers doesn't start until 19:00, that's a fair amount of drinking to take into account and could cause issues.

It's something the business are going to need to risk assess, try out and if it does cause issues then so be it.

One thing I would definitely start doing though is multi-sport season tickets.

Archived