IGNORED

Runners!

mozo

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Nah, although when I got back the wife was surprised I’d only done 10k! Enjoyed it though, directed her to a few new walking routes too.

Ha ha. Sorry pal. 
I hope she kept her distance and stayed the other side of the wall!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomF said:

Birthday presents for the old git.. will be interesting to compare the stats of my usual runs against the built in gps on the iPhone 

C80A74B9-9C5D-4438-A1E0-C65CDD725419.jpeg

Happy birthday - i loved making the change to a watch, so much easier when training, a little glance down just to see if your on track or not. 

23 hours ago, TomF said:

Birthday presents for the old git.. will be interesting to compare the stats of my usual runs against the built in gps on the iPhone 

C80A74B9-9C5D-4438-A1E0-C65CDD725419.jpeg

Happy belated birthday squire. 

My new fly-ease have arrived. Not sure when I’ll get to enjoy them though, with me resting up still. 
Wore them in the office today and they are super comfy. 

Out of interest, how much is one of those watches? And would others highly recommend? I’m currently using app on phone so carrying a gert big lump in my waist-pack. Is a watch a much better option? 

299E9168-404B-4B94-9FB0-4058042445BA.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Harry said:

Happy belated birthday squire. 

My new fly-ease have arrived. Not sure when I’ll get to enjoy them though, with me resting up still. 
Wore them in the office today and they are super comfy. 

Out of interest, how much is one of those watches? And would others highly recommend? I’m currently using app on phone so carrying a gert big lump in my waist-pack. Is a watch a much better option? 

299E9168-404B-4B94-9FB0-4058042445BA.jpeg

Good looking pair of daps there Shocks. What’s in your summerhouse? Hope you’ve got a little bar in there?

I've got that same watch and it's great, made such a difference being able to track pace, and see things like heart rate. Also connects to my Bluetooth earphones so much easier to skip tracks on the move. 

The Garmin connect app is pretty good and you can add your own workouts, not really explored it properly yet though. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Good looking pair of daps there Shocks. What’s in your summerhouse? Hope you’ve got a little bar in there?

Sadly tis not a man-cave mate, it’s a very serious office where very serious business is done ?

On 05/06/2020 at 19:24, Rob k said:

There is some absolutely cracking rides around here, i did 80m last sat, took me from yate over to nailsworth, Stroud, tetbury, Wooten basset, grittleton and back in via sodbury. 
Pretty much all through country lanes too so was very relaxed 

Out for an 8m run tomorrow and maybe a ride on Sunday but won’t be too far. I did a 5k run on wednesay in 28 mins but ran up Horton hill 3 times so it was pretty tough.

I’ve only just a month or so ago started cycling for the first time since I had a paper round some 20 years ago....! Be grateful for any recommended routes! Last weekend I did about 20 miles from here (Oldland Common) up to Dyrham and Doynton and back and that was lovely. 

Got a rack for the car so looking to do a few rides further from home where I drive to my starting point. 

Edited by BRISTOL86

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’ve only just a month or so ago started cycling for the first time since I had a paper round some 20 years ago....! Be grateful for any recommended routes! Last weekend I did about 20 miles from here (Oldland Common) up to Dyrham and Doynton and back and that was lovely. 

Got a rack for the car so looking to do a few rides further from home where I drive to my starting point. 

More than happy to send some routes, i live in Yate and there are some great routes in all directions. I like to keep to the backroads and keep off the Main roads so can send over some rides to do - let me know if you ever want to come out with a few of us 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

More than happy to send some routes, i live in Yate and there are some great routes in all directions. I like to keep to the backroads and keep off the Main roads so can send over some rides to do - let me know if you ever want to come out with a few of us 

Thanks man will do! My friend lives just off of Peg Hill so been out a couple of times in the immediate area. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Sub 2 hour half today, mad to think I’ve effectively started from scratch early April to running 13 odd miles in one stint.  Gotta whole lotta love for the motivation from this thread to get out and pound the streets.  Next stop a long bath.. 

That’s impressive - fair play mate ?

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Sub 2 hour half today, mad to think I’ve effectively started from scratch early April to running 13 odd miles in one stint.  Gotta whole lotta love for the motivation from this thread to get out and pound the streets.  Next stop a long bath.. 

Superb stuff. Well done sir. 

16 hours ago, TomF said:

Great work!

Half for my yesterday came in at 2:02, second time running with a camelbak so would probably be sub 2 without it I think

Got a really niggly ankle injury. Feels like I've been kicked and lasts a couple of days after a run. Slight bruising and swelling

From searching symptoms I feel like it could be Posterior Tibial Tendonitis, from overuse which would make sense due to the sudden increase in miles. Im reluctant to stop running but may have to soon, I've still got 13 & 14 weeks til my races so could rest for a few weeks and still have time to make it up. For now I've reduced my miles to just one long run at a weekend and some cycling and strength work in the week but my ankles really sore today after yesterdays 13 miles

• Like 1

Been cycling a lot since picking up a bike during lockdown, so running took a back seat for a few weeks, but been mixing it up every other day and back to really enjoying running again.

And after months of running without music due to faulty headphones, I finally got some waterproof wireless earphones coming which will be a godsend for motivation.

I resolved to "close my rings" (Apple Watch activity tracking) every day in June, so been doing weight training and either a run or cycle every day. 

16/30 done, and starting to flag, especially as I'm in calorie deficit most days, but determined to finish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Been cycling a lot since picking up a bike during lockdown, so running took a back seat for a few weeks, but been mixing it up every other day and back to really enjoying running again.

And after months of running without music due to faulty headphones, I finally got some waterproof wireless earphones coming which will be a godsend for motivation.

I resolved to "close my rings" (Apple Watch activity tracking) every day in June, so been doing weight training and either a run or cycle every day. 

16/30 done, and starting to flag, especially as I'm in calorie deficit most days, but determined to finish.

Sorry, cycling? Urgh...

Injury question...

Been doing so light running with the Mrs as she is getting into the couch to 5k and in between those days I’ve been doing my usual 3 miles. Been like this for just over a week now.

Done one of the light runs last night and everything was fine but I’ve woken up this morning with a pain on my right hand side where the top of the leg and ass cheeks meet. Believe this is the glute muscle? Can barely walk on that leg.

Anyone injured this before, know what could have caused it or got any advice on how what to do?

Cheers

27 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Did my furthest run in many years today (still only just over 10k :laugh:) and whilst it's good for my fitness, definitely not getting any enjoyment out of it. It's just so boring! Appreciate that this opinion won't go down well in this thread :fear:

I read the part in bold and was about to give you a “like” .

I then read the rest and now I feel dirty...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Did my furthest run in many years today (still only just over 10k :laugh:) and whilst it's good for my fitness, definitely not getting any enjoyment out of it. It's just so boring! Appreciate that this opinion won't go down well in this thread :fear:

Good effort, how about running with music or a podcast? 

11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I don’t get how you can make yourself run if you don’t enjoy it. Speaking personally here, but it’s when I don’t enjoy it I don’t do it. When I see improvements and hit milestones the energy is great. I know before I even leave the house if it will be a good run or not purely but the way I am feeling.

As mentioned above, the Mrs is getting into the couch to 5k and running was the last thing she ever thought she would be. She was hating it as it is obviously a struggle making a start but in less than two weeks, with slight improvements each time, when we finished the most recent run a few days ago she actually said at the end of it... ‘I enjoyed that’. I honestly couldn’t believe it. Never thought I would hear those words coming from her mouth after a run!

• Like 1