IGNORED

Runners!

mozo

I used to run a lot I won the Avon 10,000 meters title  and several other races Pb's of 15 min for 5000,30.55 for 10,000 52 mins, 10 miles, 68 half marathon and 2hr32 min marathon  now years later just run for fun but a lot slower but I still enjoy it and it keeps me fit.

• Like 5

On 22/07/2020 at 11:01, Kid in the Riot said:

With the pools closed I've had to do some running over the past few months.

God must've realised pretty quickly he had created something inherently evil when he allowed humans to be able to run. He must've quickly passed all responsibility to the devil, who then presumably realised how horrendous running was, and flogged it in a bargain bin to Satan. 

With nowhere to turn Satan must've lucked out and blamed it all on a consortium of Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot. Then, evil itself stepped in and claimed all responsibility. 

My knees, shins and feet are in ruin. Running has no redeeming features whatsoever, and you are all masochists.

Sounds to me like you want to get yourself on Strava and become the 29th member of our running club :clapping:

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 22/07/2020 at 11:01, Kid in the Riot said:

With the pools closed I've had to do some running over the past few months.

God must've realised pretty quickly he had created something inherently evil when he allowed humans to be able to run. He must've quickly passed all responsibility to the devil, who then presumably realised how horrendous running was, and flogged it in a bargain bin to Satan. 

With nowhere to turn Satan must've lucked out and blamed it all on a consortium of Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot. Then, evil itself stepped in and claimed all responsibility. 

My knees, shins and feet are in ruin. Running has no redeeming features whatsoever, and you are all masochists.

Ha ha. I knew you were enjoying it mate. 

On 23/07/2020 at 19:15, mozo said:

Sounds to me like you want to get yourself on Strava and become the 29th member of our running club :clapping:

I’ve tried to tempt him fella. He insists he’s not a runner (as the very expressive post above confirms), but we’ll get him there. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TomF said:

Embarrassingly long time for Garmin to be down. They must be proper rodgered

Just having a look back through the Strava OTIB club and I noted your half marathon last week. 
Well done boss, great work and smashing your PB. ?

21 hours ago, mozo said:

I have something awful to confess... 

Went for a bike ride today. 

Please don't expel me and make me set up an OTIB cyclist group *shudder*

Don't be ashamed. Don't tell anybody, but some of us in this group enjoy cycling a lot more than running... :fear::fear:

In fact, the opening of the gyms has meant that I no longer need to torture myself by pounding the streets. Apologies for bringing the average mileage of the OTIB group down :whistle:

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Yep I tried cycling once back in mid May and it knackered me. Not touched the bike again since 

I mean I like the idea of going out for a nice leisurely cycle around the countryside and stopping at numerous cafes / food spots etc to just keep eating your way through a trip... but it's such a faff. And you look more of a tit than a runner.

Got a good long session in today

18.5 mile run along the canal. Walked in places where needed. 3 hours and 10 minutes

then 90 minutes of football training

and a round of golf!

47.3k steps ?

6 weeks til my ultra marathon and time on the legs is looking good, and feeling less painful than I thought it might

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Got a good long session in today

18.5 mile run along the canal. Walked in places where needed. 3 hours and 10 minutes

then 90 minutes of football training

and a round of golf!

47.3k steps ?

6 weeks til my ultra marathon and time on the legs is looking good, and feeling less painful than I thought it might

Incredible activity levels!

On 03/08/2020 at 18:35, mozo said:

Incredible activity levels!

Thanks, it’s Tuesday and my legs still ache ? but I had football training again last night. Rest day today

Training starts to ramp up this month, back to back weekend runs and about 200 miles in total all being well. Did 138 in July and 75 in June

Got some fantastic news today - my sports masseuse is reopening. Booked in on Monday already and desperately needed - last one was end of Feb and I find them vital for getting rid of the knots from running.

Having done about 1,500k since and the top of my legs feeling like dead weights I am expecting nothing but pain!

• Like 1

On 04/08/2020 at 20:46, Silvio Dante said:

Got some fantastic news today - my sports masseuse is reopening. Booked in on Monday already and desperately needed - last one was end of Feb and I find them vital for getting rid of the knots from running.

Having done about 1,500k since and the top of my legs feeling like dead weights I am expecting nothing but pain!

Same with me. Broken. Aches everywhere!

Got given a free massage gun thing a while back and that is good but it is much easier for me to give money to someone to hurt me instead of trying to do it myself!

On 04/08/2020 at 20:46, Silvio Dante said:

????

That is going to hurt!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

London marathon cancelled until October 2021

Can’t say I’m shocked. From reading, the elite course is a 1.5 mile loop that they can keep spectators away from.

Incidentally on a local level Westonbirt 10k got bumped to 2021 today but the Bath Two Tunnels goes ahead next weekend. Slightly different format with runners going at 30 secs intervals but fair play to them for getting something on that looks like it’s been arranged responsibly.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can’t say I’m shocked. From reading, the elite course is a 1.5 mile loop that they can keep spectators away from.

Incidentally on a local level Westonbirt 10k got bumped to 2021 today but the Bath Two Tunnels goes ahead next weekend. Slightly different format with runners going at 30 secs intervals but fair play to them for getting something on that looks like it’s been arranged responsibly.

?

was also told today that the Severn bridge 10k was taking entries today too

For me personally, it’s better that the LM is in October rather than April as I’m doing the Outlaw in July so want to peak for that. I will then have a few weeks break on hols and will then focus on the Marathon 

11 hours ago, Rob k said:

?

was also told today that the Severn bridge 10k was taking entries today too

For me personally, it’s better that the LM is in October rather than April as I’m doing the Outlaw in July so want to peak for that. I will then have a few weeks break on hols and will then focus on the Marathon 

Sounds like a good plan mate. Had planned to do Poznan this year but that has been cancelled as well now. Found a small local marathon with limited numbers in Denmark at the end of October. It's drivable from here (around 7 and a half hours...), so hoping that one will still be on. 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2020 at 19:57, Reigate Red said:

Have downloaded couch to 5k and did run 1 - does that count :laughcont:

Fair play mate. I started it back in January as I wanted to do something in addition to swimming

Found it tough sometimes but it’s surprising how quickly your stamina builds up and, whilst I’m nowhere near the levels of some on this thread, I do about 6/7km a few times each week and considering my ability at the start I am well happy with

• Thanks 1