IGNORED

Runners!

mozo

On 14/02/2021 at 17:30, Rob k said:

Mate can you believe it’s nearly a year since having beers on that beach!!

On 14/02/2021 at 18:31, terpin said:

I know pal! Was only thinking about it earlier. Give my right bollock to be sat on that oversized bean bag on the beach once again.

Especially for you 2 (pics below). 1 year today. Me and @terpinlooking good, @Rob knot so ??

That aside - I’m bored out of my skin! Foot is still playing me up, haven’t been able to run now for 31 days!! And can’t see any chance of that improving in the next couple of weeks either. I’m climbing the bloody walls, especially with this perfect running weather the last couple of mornings. 

Wish I was on those big bean bags at the beach bar in Benalmadina. ☀️ 

E32DE555-DEBA-484B-B351-F5F25DA2B13C.jpeg

4D638795-190A-47D5-B239-E90D867BB789.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

@Harry @terpin Good trip that - wish we could have done it again!! I’ve also been struggling with this calf issue which won’t shift 

Cycling only for me at the moment 

ps. You managed to sort that cap out yet ??

Ha ha. 
Yeah, I’m thinking I might have to get my bike out of the garage next week. Just get out there and at least be able to do something. Can’t put too much pressure on the foot but might be able to exert enough to pedal at a half pace. 

13 hours ago, Rob k said:

Nerdy Strava data news: you can now do a search on your old rides in the app

Go to activities and then magnifying glass on top right and there are now some search functions 

And it also now auto tags your location, which helps. 

I (used to) travel with work and would manually have to bang locations into the description to find stuff later. Which was annoying. 

Being able to search / filter by distance etc is such a basic function it’s baffling it’s taken so long!

11 hours ago, tommy_b said:

And it also now auto tags your location, which helps. 

I (used to) travel with work and would manually have to bang locations into the description to find stuff later. Which was annoying. 

Being able to search / filter by distance etc is such a basic function it’s baffling it’s taken so long!

It’s already helped, i was looking for a ride if did around the 410 cycle route, took a few seconds now as i knew roughly the mileage etc 

After 7 weeks out with injury, I managed to get back out on the bike today. 
Foot still not giving me enough to be able to run yet, so I thought, I’m climbing the bloody walls here, so I dug the bike out of the garage. It’s not seen the light for 3.5 years, had a few cobwebs and needed a bit of tlc this morning, but I managed a good 45 mins and was able to put enough pressure on the pedal without hurting the foot. So all good. 
Hopefully won’t be too long before I can start running again, but I really enjoyed that ride today. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

After 7 weeks out with injury, I managed to get back out on the bike today. 
Foot still not giving me enough to be able to run yet, so I thought, I’m climbing the bloody walls here, so I dug the bike out of the garage. It’s not seen the light for 3.5 years, had a few cobwebs and needed a bit of tlc this morning, but I managed a good 45 mins and was able to put enough pressure on the pedal without hurting the foot. So all good. 
Hopefully won’t be too long before I can start running again, but I really enjoyed that ride today. 

I will be riding past yours next Sunday on the way home from a ride up Frocester Hill and then hopefully down that lovely hill back in to Wooten!! 

51 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I will be riding past yours next Sunday on the way home from a ride up Frocester Hill and then hopefully down that lovely hill back in to Wooten!! 

Nice climb that, mate. Yeah, wherever you go round here there’s a bloody gert hill to get up. But what goes up must come down so it’s always a relief going the other way. 

13 minutes ago, !james said:

Yeah its great, I also recommend the Gary Robbins doc which is on YouTube - Where dreams go to die

Good shout, and what an experience he had!

For those that don't know, the Barkley Marathon is regarded the most challenging Ultra race out there due not just to the three 20 mile (definitely more!) loops of horrendous terrain within a 60 hour limit, but also the runners are expected to use navigation skills to identify the route.

Since it began in 1986 I think only 15 runners have completed it. The rest stopped out at varied stages battered, bruised, sleep deprived and knackered beyond description. 

This year the field has had to deal with persistent fog, which sounds impossible to navigate through. The current leader is a bloke who is the only person to have completed it 3 times already.

19 hours ago, tommy_b said:

This has gone quiet. 
everyone back to 5 a sides etc or just indifferent to running now you can meet others and have a beer? :)

Nope, still going! Project Run Every Day 2021 is still in effect 117 days in. Averaging out at 11-12k a day. Legs are murder but once you’ve started…

• Like 6

23 hours ago, tommy_b said:

This has gone quiet. 
everyone back to 5 a sides etc or just indifferent to running now you can meet others and have a beer? :)

I’m having a very frustrating year. 
Started Jan well, got a foot injury, couldn’t run for 2 months. Started to ease back in, including some 5 a side, and then tweaked my calf. Another 2 weeks off so far. Hoping for a better May! 

• Like 1

Just to add. It hadn’t struck me last week when there was the thread on the main forum, but I then realised that One Team In Keynsham was the founding member of the OTIB Strava Runners Club. 
Hats off to the man and may he rest in peace. ?⚪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just to add. It hadn’t struck me last week when there was the thread on the main forum, but I then realised that One Team In Keynsham was the founding member of the OTIB Strava Runners Club. 
Hats off to the man and may he rest in peace. ?⚪

It’d be fitting if all of us in the group, when restrictions properly ease, to do a memorial run. Pace irrelevant, time irrelevant. Just all get together, do 10k (I’m thinking start and finish at AG) and toast him for bringing it together. I get huge satisfaction from seeing what Tommy, Julian, Phil, Alex etc are doing and that’s down to OTIK.

If all goes to plan in the roadmap, one week before season starts provisionally?

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’d be fitting if all of us in the group, when restrictions properly ease, to do a memorial run. Pace irrelevant, time irrelevant. Just all get together, do 10k (I’m thinking start and finish at AG) and toast him for bringing it together. I get huge satisfaction from seeing what Tommy, Julian, Phil, Alex etc are doing and that’s down to OTIK.

If all goes to plan in the roadmap, one week before season starts provisionally?

Sounds excellent ?

18 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Count me in.

Cheers,

Phil

• Like 1

On 28/04/2021 at 22:54, Silvio Dante said:

I think this is an excellent idea.  I live in West Wales but am good for it, for sure. 

• Like 1

Great idea - i would be in 

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of this sounds like a good idea.

Are any of the South Glos runners doing the Westonbirt 10k this weekend?

5 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

I wasn't aware of this sounds like a good idea.

Are any of the South Glos runners doing the Westonbirt 10k this weekend?

I’ll look to get it in once we know fixtures.

And supposed to be doing it, yep. However booked for a night out with the wife on Friday now we can lose the kids and not sure exactly what state I’ll be in Saturday afternoon!

• Haha 1