IGNORED

Runners!

mozo

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think I might struggle to make the date and time as am away on holiday with my Mum and my brother's family at the end of July. However I'm keeping an eye on this thread as would like run if I am around. I never met One Team in Keynsham and only browse this thread rather than post loads but I'm massively impressed by what has been started here and would like to pay tribute to a fellow red if I can. 

Snap - I’m also on holiday that day, still i imagine there will be another time so i will hopefully join the next run 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2021 at 21:39, mozo said:

Stage 3, near Cheltenham. I'm doing it with the running club. I did a recce and there are great trails and views but a couple of climbs are long and horrendous, like a trail version of the beast near you. Kicks off tomorrow morning.

Maybe OTIB Runners could do a relay someday...

I did stage 9 again bloomin brutal but at 14k a bit shorter than all the others, humid as a tropical storm thankfully the rain hit Yate and not the A46! Think I knocked 13 mins off my 2018 time which didn't make sense but then I remembered you normally lose at least 5 minutes at the start queing to go through the first few gates. Still well chuffed with 1h20 though but it will probably be around 50th place again as the club runners are like gazelles!

• Flames 1

On 02/07/2021 at 22:11, Silvio Dante said:

Speaking of relay…

I’m mindful that I suggested we do a run in memory of One Team In Keynsham. Season starts 7th August and I said one week prior for target - hopefully restrictions gone- so I’d suggest we try and do it 30th July if people are up for. My suggestion is we do a start from AG about 10am, and I think I can plan a 10k (likely loop to Temple Meads with detours) from there.

So, let’s do this. Comment if up for and that time/date works (I’m flexible - in time and date at least!) and if we get enough in this community, let’s push this to the main forum/Twitter/Scotty etc

30th July is a Friday Silvio?

I can do the 31st July (Saturday) and probably most dates if not.

Also very unlikely I’ll make the July date now. 
Had a pretty stiff back after the last couple of runs - an old football injury in the lower back - so went to see the osteopath this evening. 
Had the old ‘crack yer back’ treatment and it didn’t all loosen up so I gotta go back on 30th July, and he said “no running and definitely no football until then”!! 

I’ve had a torrid year, one injury after another since the end of Jan. now at least another few weeks rest! 

Edited by Harry
  • Sad 1

On 31/08/2021 at 13:37, Silvio Dante said:

We didn’t - I got injured and the club fixed a game up. Both inconsiderate. We need to do it though.

It might be worth scheduling some virtual runs first and get us in the swing of OTIB RC participation?

Make the first one very loose and free. We all run on the same day and try to clock up a combined milage which we can try to beat next year.

See how much traction we get and build a variety of events as we go?

2022:  12 Marathons / 12 Months

Throughout 2022, I will be running a marathon each month raising money for the British Heart Foundation.  I have a story behind this  challenge and I'd be hugely grateful for any support.  This is the link my JustGiving page - Many Thanks:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/julian-hunt4?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=julian-hunt4&utm_campaign=pfp-whatsapp&utm_term=dbabe82f4e7d4a2799494eea21cac25a&fbclid=IwAR2Dfulj5zjgC82l-xe8Nqxa0rHH0Ve8Urs_Vk7yjrqfrd1Js53uaJG_4QM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a while since I posted here, as after having tested positive for Covid 2 days after running the half-marathon, I found it impossible afterwards to (i) motivate myself or (ii) feel anywhere near fit enough to run as I was getting out of breath walking up Raleigh Road! 

Anyway. I decided it was kill or cure & so 1st Jan was Day One of Run Every Day to get me physically fitter and mentally able to actually try to run again. I managed to stick with it and ended up having ran every day and clocked up a total of 115km for the month. 

Loving being back out there again & the aim is to try & do it again this month. But if I don't I won't be too hard on myself. To the others on the OTIB Strava group you're all amazing & I am in awe of some of you with your times and distances! 

COYR (Come on you Runners!) 

• Like 4

Still going. Run every day 2021 happened but it was a slog by the end and not that enjoyable - hit about 4000 km but felt I was forcing myself to do it by the end to get Stravas monthly km and elevation challenges.

Have eased off a bit this year - still every day (currently!) but not pushing the distance and won’t go if I don’t feel up to it (hasn’t happened yet). Doing a lot more shorter ones and even running with the other half - running and enjoying it again, not because I feel I have to. Pace coming back a bit as a result of all that and twinges easing.

However. I’m obsessive compulsive and on nearly a 500 day overall streak. I may tell myself I’ll quit it but that’s not happening really!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

However went along there on Monday about 4pm with the evening sun and it was glorious.  Warmer days are coming

Saw sports therapist in work yesterday and talked about my occasional dodgy knee and instantly started looking at my posture etc.  Straight up was 'have you ever broken a bone'  and I mentioned my elbow from when I was 6 - the things she could see as a result was pretty eye opening how I could have completely different actions on left/right arms/hands as a result.  

Upside is got plenty of stuff to help try and correct something that's been there for over 35 years.

Interesting. Who did you see & how much did it cost? 

38 minutes ago, TomF said:

We get free 20 min sessions with her through work which is great!  But you can find her here: http://movewellwithsallytrussler.co.uk/who-we-are/ plus some free guides here http://movewellwithsallytrussler.co.uk/for-free/running/ 

I think the interesting thing for me is she says calfs don't always need treatment post running when tight etc but more ask why they are getting tight in first place. 

Cheers Tom, top man 

On 23/02/2022 at 08:07, Rob k said:

I’ve got Greenman on March 5th - I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve bitten a bit to much off ??

Ah see you there!

Any idea what time you’re hoping for?

I did the summer GMU last August kinda as a whim coming out of 17/18 months of Covid tedium. Furthest I’d ran before was Gordano Round trail route around 27 miles. The step up to 46 miles wasn’t that difficult… just longer :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Ah see you there!

Any idea what time you’re hoping for?

I did the summer GMU last August kinda as a whim coming out of 17/18 months of Covid tedium. Furthest I’d ran before was Gordano Round trail route around 27 miles. The step up to 46 miles wasn’t that difficult… just longer :)

Good luck 

I think it will be around 10.5hrs - I’ve done most of the course so know the real tough bits now 

what are you hoping for? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob k said:

Good luck 

I think it will be around 10.5hrs - I’ve done most of the course so know the real tough bits now 

what are you hoping for? 

Unsure. 
Did the summer in 10:25 but that was poor strategy. 9:20 moving time on Strava. 

Very sparse field so by the last two CPs I was just running my own race and spent ages at each CP just … idling. 
By CP4 I knew I wouldn’t hit 10 hours so ambled in without much care / quite dehydrated by then. 

So I think 10 hours could be possible BUT the mud isn’t my friend. Might try the same again as summer- hang to Mr 10 hour time lord until I bail. 

After starting the year with covid and generally being unfit, I’ve just finished Run Every Day in February. Just a shade under 100km in total but with the extra walking to and from the office now I’m back in 3 days a week, cumulative total was about 150km. Pretty chuffed with that, and knackered! 

Rest day today. Then back in the game tomorrow!

And a shout out to @CyderInACanfor running every day so far this year. Not bad for a 65 year old ?

Edited by SuperDziek
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

After starting the year with covid and generally being unfit, I’ve just finished Run Every Day in February. Just a shade under 100km in total but with the extra walking to and from the office now I’m back in 3 days a week, cumulative total was about 150km. Pretty chuffed with that, and knackered! 

Rest day today. Then back in the game tomorrow!

And a shout out to @CyderInACanfor running every day so far this year. Not bad for a 65 year old ?

Fair play to you both ??

On 27/02/2022 at 22:34, tommy_b said:

Unsure. 
Did the summer in 10:25 but that was poor strategy. 9:20 moving time on Strava. 

Very sparse field so by the last two CPs I was just running my own race and spent ages at each CP just … idling. 
By CP4 I knew I wouldn’t hit 10 hours so ambled in without much care / quite dehydrated by then. 

So I think 10 hours could be possible BUT the mud isn’t my friend. Might try the same again as summer- hang to Mr 10 hour time lord until I bail. 

Did you take all the maps etc with you? I want to go as light as possible but don’t want a DQ if they check 

• Like 2

On 02/03/2022 at 10:02, TomF said:

Fair play to you both as we've had some proper shitty weather last month or so.  The motivation to go out in some of the worst of it has been minimal this end.     End of the week looking very cold again too.. joy!

Had to do a tactical 7am run the friday when the gales were 70mph+. Mind you, was still about 40mph at that time! 

I don’t mind running in the rain except when it’s cold as well as my glasses then steam up and I can’t see where I’m going!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Had to do a tactical 7am run the friday when the gales were 70mph+. Mind you, was still about 40mph at that time! 

I don’t mind running in the rain except when it’s cold as well as my glasses then steam up and I can’t see where I’m going!!

Less Superdziek, more Steamydziek then! 

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2022 at 09:51, Rob k said:

Fair play to you both ??

Did you take all the maps etc with you? I want to go as light as possible but don’t want a DQ if they check 

Sorry - didn’t see this! How’d you do? I dislike mud… managed to come home in 10:14 tho so that’ll do. And missed a shit City game, oh well :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Sorry - didn’t see this! How’d you do? I dislike mud… managed to come home in 10:14 tho so that’ll do. And missed a shit City game, oh well :)

Blimey fair play, i found it tough out there, did 11.20 buy pleased with that as first ultra 

• Like 2

On 05/03/2022 at 23:10, Rob k said:

Blimey fair play, i found it tough out there, did 11.20 buy pleased with that as first ultra 

Very nicely done. 6 hours 20 (like the first finisher!) or 12 hours, the distance is the same and it’s a beast. The summer edition is easier on the legs (if you manage the heat / hydration)….