IGNORED

Runners!

mozo

• Admin
22 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

50K update, it was bloomin hot, a canal tow path is very tricky to run on when its this dry, I survived, not sure I can face that distance again...🤣

I'm finding 5k enough in this heat! Fair play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Anyone doing the Cotswold Way relay this weekend? I will take no reply as a no 🙂

I see stage 7 & 8 come through Wotton. Are you going solo or part of a team. And which stage are you doing? 

On 01/07/2021 at 19:00, Harry said:

I see stage 7 & 8 come through Wotton. Are you going solo or part of a team. And which stage are you doing? 

Stage 3, near Cheltenham. I'm doing it with the running club. I did a recce and there are great trails and views but a couple of climbs are long and horrendous, like a trail version of the beast near you. Kicks off tomorrow morning.

Maybe OTIB Runners could do a relay someday...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mozo said:

Stage 3, near Cheltenham. I'm doing it with the running club. I did a recce and there are great trails and views but a couple of climbs are long and horrendous, like a trail version of the beast near you. Kicks off tomorrow morning.

Speaking of relay…

I’m mindful that I suggested we do a run in memory of One Team In Keynsham. Season starts 7th August and I said one week prior for target - hopefully restrictions gone- so I’d suggest we try and do it 30th July if people are up for. My suggestion is we do a start from AG about 10am, and I think I can plan a 10k (likely loop to Temple Meads with detours) from there.

So, let’s do this. Comment if up for and that time/date works (I’m flexible - in time and date at least!) and if we get enough in this community, let’s push this to the main forum/Twitter/Scotty etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Speaking of relay…

I’m mindful that I suggested we do a run in memory of One Team In Keynsham. Season starts 7th August and I said one week prior for target - hopefully restrictions gone- so I’d suggest we try and do it 30th July if people are up for. My suggestion is we do a start from AG about 10am, and I think I can plan a 10k (likely loop to Temple Meads with detours) from there.

So, let’s do this. Comment if up for and that time/date works (I’m flexible - in time and date at least!) and if we get enough in this community, let’s push this to the main forum/Twitter/Scotty etc

If I can do the date and time I'm well up for it, but may I suggest we identify a beer garden to finish...?

Regards route, I would suggest either round the harbourside or up and across the suspension bridge.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

If I can do the date and time I'm well up for it, but may I suggest we identify a beer garden to finish...?

Regards route, I would suggest either round the harbourside or up and across the suspension bridge.

I was thinking that (when I worked in town pre lockdown) I started at Temple Meads way, did Baldwin/Park, through GS, past AG, down West/East and finished at Temple Meads. Yours sounds far more picturesque!!

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I was thinking that (when I worked in town pre lockdown) I started at Temple Meads way, did Baldwin/Park, through GS, past AG, down West/East and finished at Temple Meads. Yours sounds far more picturesque!!

Yeah all good. My suggested routes would be...

Set off from the Atyeo statue, through the concourse, follow the path round the park, cross over the railway bridge, Pump house, stay harbourside, round Queens Square, then up to BTM and back along the river - that's probably 10k ish?

Or if you don't mind hills you can do the cricket club entrance to Ashton Court, uphill, staying right. Fantastic views, and deer, then over the bridge and down through Hotwells.

But, I genuinely would run any route. 

44 minutes ago, mozo said:

Many years ago when I was in school, I used to run from Clifton to Failand via the suspension bridge most Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, very picturesque and, back in those days, quite calm traffic wise.

I don't recall how long the run was, but it was certainly manageable - I used to do a games afternoon upon arrival, either rugby of cross country depending on the school term.

• Like 1

• Admin

I do quite a lot of lunchtime runs from the TF - typically 6-8 miles.   Usually running up Coronation Rd, across the Gaol Bridge, down past MShed along centre and then over around castle park before looping back around up centre and up to college green, back along hotwells road and back over past Nova Scotia.

Probably bit too busy on a sat.  How about deviating from AG into Ashton Court along track by UWE, back up and around the road that takes you past deer, along and over to suspension bridge? 

• Like 2

On 02/07/2021 at 22:11, Silvio Dante said:

Speaking of relay…

I’m up for it 

• Like 1

I think I might struggle to make the date and time as am away on holiday with my Mum and my brother's family at the end of July. However I'm keeping an eye on this thread as would like run if I am around. I never met One Team in Keynsham and only browse this thread rather than post loads but I'm massively impressed by what has been started here and would like to pay tribute to a fellow red if I can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think I might struggle to make the date and time as am away on holiday with my Mum and my brother's family at the end of July. However I'm keeping an eye on this thread as would like run if I am around. I never met One Team in Keynsham and only browse this thread rather than post loads but I'm massively impressed by what has been started here and would like to pay tribute to a fellow red if I can. 

Snap - I’m also on holiday that day, still i imagine there will be another time so i will hopefully join the next run 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2021 at 21:39, mozo said:

I did stage 9 again bloomin brutal but at 14k a bit shorter than all the others, humid as a tropical storm thankfully the rain hit Yate and not the A46! Think I knocked 13 mins off my 2018 time which didn't make sense but then I remembered you normally lose at least 5 minutes at the start queing to go through the first few gates. Still well chuffed with 1h20 though but it will probably be around 50th place again as the club runners are like gazelles!

• Flames 1

Speaking of relay…

30th July is a Friday Silvio?

I can do the 31st July (Saturday) and probably most dates if not.

Also very unlikely I’ll make the July date now. 
Had a pretty stiff back after the last couple of runs - an old football injury in the lower back - so went to see the osteopath this evening. 
Had the old ‘crack yer back’ treatment and it didn’t all loosen up so I gotta go back on 30th July, and he said “no running and definitely no football until then”!! 

I’ve had a torrid year, one injury after another since the end of Jan. now at least another few weeks rest! 

Edited by Harry
  • Sad 1

• Admin

Speaking of relay…

We never managed this did we? 

On 31/08/2021 at 13:37, Silvio Dante said:

We didn’t - I got injured and the club fixed a game up. Both inconsiderate. We need to do it though.

It might be worth scheduling some virtual runs first and get us in the swing of OTIB RC participation?

Make the first one very loose and free. We all run on the same day and try to clock up a combined milage which we can try to beat next year.

See how much traction we get and build a variety of events as we go?

On 22/09/2021 at 22:30, Kings Norton Red said:

I was thinking a meet up run and drinks the next time City are on Sky for a Saturday lunchtime away game might work?

Good shout although it might be a long wait as we aren't Sky's biggest draw as they only like to show Premier League rejects..

• Admin
On 24/09/2021 at 16:03, TomF said:

Anyone doing the Forest of Dean 1/2 on Sunday?  

I guess it was just me then, although I saw there were 3 from the Southville Running Club. 

Really enjoyable event, probably helped by a glorious autumnal morning. Running through the forest with the sunshine breaking through was pretty special. 

Fair few climbs on the route! Defo recommend it though - the Spring one in March is slightly different route and less hilly

FOD.PNG

• Like 1

2022:  12 Marathons / 12 Months

Throughout 2022, I will be running a marathon each month raising money for the British Heart Foundation.  I have a story behind this  challenge and I'd be hugely grateful for any support.  This is the link my JustGiving page - Many Thanks:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/julian-hunt4?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=julian-hunt4&utm_campaign=pfp-whatsapp&utm_term=dbabe82f4e7d4a2799494eea21cac25a&fbclid=IwAR2Dfulj5zjgC82l-xe8Nqxa0rHH0Ve8Urs_Vk7yjrqfrd1Js53uaJG_4QM