IGNORED

why are we both away AGAIN this saturday

Never to the dark side

Missing  the next two home matches , being hospitalised. So please can someone tell LJ to keep the central defenders further up the pitch. Not to antagonise the 4th official and not to stop playing football by hitting long balls until it’s really necessary! I’m sure he listens to me from the Lansdown every home game!

35 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Missing  the next two home matches , being hospitalised. So please can someone tell LJ to keep the central defenders further up the pitch. Not to antagonise the 4th official and not to stop playing football by hitting long balls until it’s really necessary! I’m sure he listens to me from the Lansdown every home game!

More to the point I hope you get better soon

Hardly the end of the world.

92 league clubs playing 46 matches each over a 10 month season, all with their own specific constraints, limitations and preferences, and with an annual change in the combinations following promotions and relegations. It’s never going to be perfect. Avoiding both Bristol clubs being away at the same time won’t be near the top of the priority list, because it’s inconsequential.

Unless they are at home to someone like Pompey, Sunderland or Oxford who might actually bring more than a couple of hundred to the tented village it doesn`t matter if both clubs are at home on the same day. Didn`t @JulieH say a while back that it isn`t a problem these days?

They are an irrelevance and the few sad s*gs that can be arsed to rock up on a matchday don`t impact on us at all.

11 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

Snap same here mate??

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hardly the end of the world.

92 league clubs playing 46 matches each over a 10 month season, all with their own specific constraints, limitations and preferences, and with an annual change in the combinations following promotions and relegations. It’s never going to be perfect. Avoiding both Bristol clubs being away at the same time won’t be near the top of the priority list, because it’s inconsequential.

91 :(

Back to NTTDS’s original post, is it possible we requested an away fixture due to the turnaround time following the big rugby game Friday night?

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

PSR

Correct me if I am wrong but I think

Our league fixtures were published mid june and Rugby fixtures published mid July?

Fair enough, it seemed like an idea, I know the bars struggled to turn round the stock etc, when it's been less than 24 hours apart.

16 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Unless they are at home to someone like Pompey, Sunderland or Oxford who might actually bring more than a couple of hundred to the tented village it doesn`t matter if both clubs are at home on the same day. Didn`t @JulieH say a while back that it isn`t a problem these days?

They are an irrelevance and the few sad s*gs that can be arsed to rock up on a matchday don`t impact on us at all.

We have had some home games for both city and rovers on the same day and it is far to say that each clash is taken on an individual basis and is dependent upon the opposition/ policing resources required etc .

On 14/10/2019 at 06:44, Never to the dark side said:

The other lot are heading to

"open all hours country" and we are heading to Luton

Not sure how the EFL say they spend two years compiling the fixtures

Blimey, with our thousand and sags hundreds of thousands all traveling, Bristol will be like a ghost town come the weekend !

Archived