IGNORED

A Nostalgic Pain In The Arse, Weymouth Harbour Train.

WhistleHappy

19 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Weymouth was my second home throughout the 80's / early 90's - this is a scene I remember well

19 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Weymouth was my second home throughout the 80's / early 90's - this is a scene I remember well

The trouble is mate, it doesn`t look a lot different now to what it did then. It`s looking very tired and worn out these days as I`m sure @BigTone will confirm. It`s like a lot of former seaside holiday resorts with more than it`s fair share of drunks, addicts and general ne`er do wells unfortunately. It`s such a shame as it has so much going for it really.

I often wonder every time I drive through the town is why haven`t they made so much more of the area around the marina?

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

The trouble is mate, it doesn`t look a lot different now to what it did then. It`s looking very tired and worn out these days as I`m sure @BigTone will confirm. It`s like a lot of former seaside holiday resorts with more than it`s fair share of drunks, addicts and general ne`er do wells unfortunately. It`s such a shame as it has so much going for it really.

I often wonder every time I drive through the town is why haven`t they made so much more of the area around the marina?

Definitely worn out for sure. The area around the railway station is always crawling with down and outs and is not a good advert for the town. Love the place but there is so much they could do to cheer it up a bit. We sold our place there a year or so back.

Archived